Android Phone Thread

The DNA did not get Kit Kat, the update was for 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. The biggest change would be Sense 5 which is why everything has changed on your home screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not overly concerned which update it is. The clean lines of the new update is very nice. Everything about the new update I enjoy, except having to find were all my apps are. It took me about a year to have set up exactly how I like it and then boom it's gone. BlinkFeed is pretty nice. Makes it easy to stay current with the news. My question for you is what is the big difference between the jelly bean and the kit Kat OS? And is it something that I may see on the DNA?

Ps I love the DNA this is my first droid (iphoneer for years) and I have learned to love it. Only thing I miss with iPhones though is the seamless connectability between my MacBook and iPad.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Seriously contemplating going to an iPhone with my next upgrade. My upgrade is late summer though so I'm sure the iPhone 6 will be coming out or something.

I'm actually growing tired of the large screen on my s3.

Someone please tell me I'm crazy! I've hated iPhone for years but all I do is text, Tapatalk, a little internet and a call every once in a while. I'd hate to lose access to gmail though...

OK, talk me off ledge..... Lol

Seriously contemplating going to an iPhone with my next upgrade. My upgrade is late summer though so I'm sure the iPhone 6 will be coming out or something.

Someone please tell me I'm crazy! I've hated iPhone for years but all I do is text, Tapatalk, a little internet and a call every once in a while. I'd hate to lose access to gmail though...

If you go tapatalk on an iPhone and upload pictures through tapatalk, they will suck.

As an android fan, and an iphone user (dont ask), I can tell you this; Android is currently years ahead of iOS. IMO, iOS7 was a HUGE step backward for mobile operating systems.

As an android fan, and an iphone user (dont ask), I can tell you this; Android is currently years ahead of iOS. IMO, iOS7 was a HUGE step backward for mobile operating systems.

In what ways Ryan?

Maybe I'll find a smaller, more compact droid to use.

Growing tired of a larger screen Hmm can't say I have ever heard of that before. That's like saying I would like a smaller TV. Really all comes down to personal preference.

I'm not overly concerned which update it is. The clean lines of the new update is very nice. Everything about the new update I enjoy, except having to find were all my apps are. It took me about a year to have set up exactly how I like it and then boom it's gone. BlinkFeed is pretty nice. Makes it easy to stay current with the news. My question for you is what is the big difference between the jelly bean and the kit Kat OS? And is it something that I may see on the DNA?

Ps I love the DNA this is my first droid (iphoneer for years) and I have learned to love it. Only thing I miss with iPhones though is the seamless connectability between my MacBook and iPad.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I'm not sure if the DNA is on the list of HTC phones to get the 4.4 upgrade or not. Haven't kept up to date on HTC stuff since switching.

As far as Jelly Bean to Kit Kat. There are differences, but most of it is just cleaning up the rough edges. It's a simpler look, more integrated with Google now, but overall nothing huge from my experience. The biggest change you'll see has to do with the Sense 5 update with blinkfeed. That will play more of a role than the android update itself.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Growing tired of a larger screen Hmm can't say I have ever heard of that before. That's like saying I would like a smaller TV. Really all comes down to personal preference.

It's more just the size of the phone I'm tired of. I held an iPhone and just loved the form factor and how thin it was.

My s3 can be quite thin but feels funny to me without a little extra meat on it.

It's more just the size of the phone I'm tired of. I held an iPhone and just loved the form factor and how thin it was.

My s3 can be quite thin but feels funny to me without a little extra meat on it.
Get a No Lemon battery (Frankenbattery).
That will add some heft to it.

Idk, I suppose it's all preference, but my wife has an iPhone and I prefer my DNA over her iPhone 5. Everything about my droid is better than iPhone ( except connectability between other apple products).

With that being said I do prefer the iPad over the android tablets.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Get a No Lemon battery (Frankenbattery).
That will add some heft to it.

I've had one since seeing JBs in May. It's what I'm growing tired of actually. I'm back to my original battery now to test it out.

I hear ya. My wife just got the 5s and it is pretty long but also thin, kind of an odd shape to me but I am used to Android devices.

I always do the pocket test and my S4 is great and I even have a bulky case on it for protection. Again just about what you like and need it for.

my GS4 got an update today.
why isn't mikedean in here crying about it?

my GS4 got an update today.
why isn't mikedean in here crying about it?

I did cringe last week when I had to do the update

Anyone getting a shiny new Android phone for Christmas?

I am still rocking the S4 and love it but I am intrigued by the Note 3 looks like such a great device.

I have yet to Root and ROM my S4 and not sure I will ever do that I really like the stock experience especially with the NOVA launcher prime version installed.

Anyone getting a shiny new Android phone for Christmas?

I am still rocking the S4 and love it but I am intrigued by the Note 3 looks like such a great device.

I have yet to Root and ROM my S4 and not sure I will ever do that I really like the stock experience especially with the NOVA launcher prime version installed.
I do not think I am...but I can always hope!

Non techie alert question. Why can't I download avg mobile free edition on my droid for free?

Google play looks like the only way (browser download is unsuccessful), and to download through google play verizon wants my CC number.

No techie alert question. Why can't I download avg mobile free edition on my droid for free?

Google play looks like the only way (browser download is unsuccessful), and to download through google play verizon wants me CC number.

Why do you need an anti virus program?

Back