What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only got 9 holes in today due to the monsoon we had last night closing most courses in the area. I found a course with the back 9 open so away I went.

Fired off a soggy 41, which I'm happy with. Putting was a joke because wherever people have stepped on the greens would be about a 1/4" indent that stays all day haha, it was more like plinko than putting. On the flip side chipping/pitching and approach wedges are so easy to stick close with super soggy greens so it probably evened out.

I shot a +6 78 today. Only missed 5 GIR's which was awesome for me, only made one birdie on the 18th but lots of pars thanks to the GIR's.

How do you guys normally follow up a "P.B." personal best? More around the same or some blow up rounds?

swing your swing

Lopsta, Barry & Paladin congrats! great rounds!

How do you guys normally follow up a "P.B." personal best? More around the same or some blow up rounds?

swing your swing

After a PB I can usually expect a letdown. I don't know why but it never fails.

Played today with THPer Cm3putt at my home course. Fantastic round for me and my best in at least 2 months by far. Guess I needed cold, windy and wet conditions to find my game.
Shot a 37/39 for a 76. Went with one solid swing thought all day long "hit ball first" and man did it work for me. 9/14 fairways, 14/18 GIR, 36 putts which I'm not too upset with considering so many GIR's. No penalties, 2 fairway bunkers. 2 birdies, 10 pars, and 6 bogies.

Guess I was channeling all the good vibes from my new teammates from Team Harry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget that you almost had a whole in one. This guy was throwing darts all day. Glad I was there to witness.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

40/42.

Super windy and I hit the ball really well. No 3 putts.

The wind was pretty brutal. Several shots had a 2 club up wind. Made for some uber long par 4's.

swing your swing

This is going to sound funny, but a lot of it depends on what I did to improve. For example, the first time I broke 100, I didn't attribute it to any particular improvement in play. I didn't really say, "What did I do differently, or what improved in my game, that allowed me to break 100?" As a result, I went about 3 more rounds shooting over 100 before I got back on track and made some adjustments focusing on better course management, avoiding penalties, and glaring mishits with my irons. Since then, my irons have improved, and I'm generally enduring fewer screwups. Also, my game off the tee is less "crank one out there" and much more "keep it in play." Now as I get closer to breaking 90, I know it's because I have fewer skulls and flubbed chips, and generally getting the ball closer on approach shots, then chipping and pitching better. I'm focusing on maintaining that while getting to where I might drain a long putt to save par or make birdie on occasion.

It's worth noting that my warm-up consists now of almost no time spent on the range (5 to 10 swings with a middle iron, 3 or 4 with my longest iron, and 3 or 4 with my driver), but much more time on the practice green and pitching area, focusing on getting a good feel for proper contact with my wedges. Working out toe-shots and skulls while I'm practicing has done a lot to improve my scoring.

So while I expect to slip a bit, I mostly expect to improve courtesy of smarter practicing and understanding of my game.

Just got done shooting 80 (38/42) at Scothurst with Bullitt5339 and our buddy Dan! I was one off of my PB of 79 and had a chance to tie it on the last hole but ended up two putting for par. I was hitting my irons incredibly well today and I have to attribute it to the new grips I put on them yesterday. When I got fit by Matty H. in Florida I went with the Lamkin Crossline Ace and they ended up putting Lamkin Crosslines on there instead which was no big deal as they seemed to be a decent grip until this last weekend when it was warm and humid outside for the first time since I got the Apex's and they became slick as hell. Ended up putting some Winn DriTec's on there and all is good now!!!!

Just got done shooting 80 (38/42) at Scothurst with Bullitt5339 and our buddy Dan! I was one off of my PB of 79 and had a chance to tie it on the last hole but ended up two putting for par. I was hitting my irons incredibly well today and I have to attribute it to the new grips I put on them yesterday. When I got fit by Matty H. in Florida I went with the Lamkin Crossline Ace and they ended up putting Lamkin Crosslines on there instead which was no big deal as they seemed to be a decent grip until this last weekend when it was warm and humid outside for the first time since I got the Apex's and they became slick as hell. Ended up putting some Winn DriTec's on there and all is good now!!!!

And it could have easily been 77. You've been playing lights out lately, which is fun to watch, even though my game has been so terrible lately.

45/43-88 not bad for the first time out in about a month. Need more chipping ptactice. Have a tournament on Monday I'll be ready for though.

A very ugly 94... nothing done well except putting line was good today. Smartsquare...

Thirty-two at the first hole and thirty-six at 18, wind nnw 11 gusting to 17 and the ground is saturated. Other than that, it was a perfect day. I lipped out putts every way possible, even had one do a 390, it went all around the hole and about 30 degrees on the second lap before lipping out. On top of putting so well, I did hit every iron fat when the ball was in soggy ground. Positives, even though I don't see about 80 percent of balls in flight, no lost balls. Lets see there must be another positive...but, I still enjoyed walking 18 today and posting a pair of 45s for a fat 90. "A bad attitude is worse than a bad swing."--Payne Stewart

Rancho Solano 104. Got an early Xmas present of a Ping Senita. Had a few holes to adjust to the lighter putter. Fun day with my boys home from Marines and Army.

Christmas day golf was a success! Shot a 75 with a couple birdies, and a whole lot of decent chipping out of bermuda greenside which is awesome.

Had a new putter in the bag (27 putts, are you kidding me?!), including a few 20+ feet bombs. Not bad for overseeded greens.

Got out for another round today with Rich(Bullitt5339) at Scothurst GC and shot an 83. Didn't feel like I played all that great and still shot an 83 so I can't be too upset with that. I just hope I can break 80 here one of these days soon, it sure feels like it is right around the corner. Going to play National Golf Club in Pinehurst tomorrow so that will be interesting.

Before I stopped playing golf 10 years go I constantly shot 105s. Started back playing with some lessons and my last rounds are 97, 97, and 95. Well today I went out and shot a 93! I still have a lot of work todo, but getting better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

42/46 for an 88. The back nine ate my lunch. Drive in fairway, approach short of green, chip, then 2 putt. Rinse, wash, repeat. Good driving round, nothing else was really sharp.

I did live tweet pictures from the round on Twitter. Profile is @cpljohnst.

77. Was pleased considering the course was soaked, temp was mid 40s and it was pretty breezy. 1st time outdoors with the SeeMore black gunmetal z2c. Rolled the ball pretty well on the overseeded greens. Need to work some on my alignment with the new putter.

42/46 for an 88. The back nine ate my lunch. Drive in fairway, approach short of green, chip, then 2 putt. Rinse, wash, repeat. Good driving round, nothing else was really sharp.

I did live tweet pictures from the round on Twitter. Profile is @cpljohnst.

Loved watching that Barry. Don't worry too much about the back. That thing looks like a real test, especially this time of year!

JM

Not sure what my overall score was for today's round. We ended up playing the inward 9 on two different 18 courses. The club has 36 holes and the way they play it when it's cold and there are only a few members playing, they use both courses. I think it turned out to be the first 5 on the one course, then turn back toward the club house for the last 4. Then hit the other course and play the front 3 and then the last 6.
I know I had a 43 on the last 9. The first 9 was sporadic at best. Double, par, double, par, bogey, par, double, etc. I could definitely tell that I have not been playing much lately.

36 on a par 31 Exec course. Not bad for me, especially with the wind. Best shot was a 7 iron over a small lake and into a stiff wind. I hit the ball high and left of the green. The wind carried it back. landing 2 paces on the green and following the contour toward the hole. For a moment we thought it might go in....

1525566_10151930158393401_1005321598_n.jpg

92 at memorial park in Houston

Had a nice 5 wood on a 215 yard par 3 to 15 feet, had a two putt for par.

Also, chipped in for birdie, which is rare for me and felt amazing. It was hot, definitely a "off the backboard" chip in. The flagstick helped me big time!

Tough course at 6500 yards and I only had a 3 wood to drive with, ala no driver in the bag.

Walked on and played at 645 am, so not displeased with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back