PING Karsten TR Putter Preview

Love the copper look of these bad boys. Interested to hear about this adjustable length from 31-38" Haven't ever seen that in a putter before.

I could think of something witty as a comeback, but I'm too busy WORKING. :alien:

I dont call wearing a bikini walking on people's backs, working. But I guess we are all different. Back on topic, I said it earlier but I really am digging the copper the more I look at it.

I dont call wearing a bikini walking on people's backs, working. But I guess we are all different. Back on topic, I said it earlier but I really am digging the copper the more I look at it.

As am I, reminds me of the barber pole putter Jman did a review on a few months ago.

I'd like to see the Anser 4 variant in the Karsten TR lineup!

The copper look is cool and I like that this one is milled and not an insert. I will have to give these a roll.

I'm quite pleased that they are busting out the copper look with the PVD, just makes me sad that its as close as we will ever get to an actual copper new release Anser form PING because of all the EPA stuff and such.

ooh I like the looks of these. These really look sharp. I am going to need to try one of these.

I really do like that copper finish.
I don't think they are heavy enough for me.
But will be interesting to give one a try.

These are VERY sharp. Would definitely love to give one a roll.

I think this line looks great, I like the copper finish and better than the TR line in 2013. I can see me wanting one of these, likely the Anser 2 or Anser 5.
Image.ashx

Love the Anser 5. Must try. Face balanced straightish stroke.

I finally found an adjustable left hand TR and I am digging it. As a tinkerer, I love the adjustability options. I will have a Karsten copper version eventually, it will happen!

I like the copper finish as well. Interesting putters and I will be trying!

I keep thinking about these, a lot because I never tried last years TR putters, and a lot because the finish on these is so dang nice IMO. One thing I still think would improve Ping's putters in these types of models now though is if they would drop the badge and return to the old PING engraving or better yet the old Karsten and address engraving.

Are these in stores?

Last week, seeing some in the golf stores.

What are everyone's opinions on the TR technology? I tried the original Nome and liked it better than the TR. Does anyone have any recommendations on another putter similar to the feel of the original Nome, I should try?

Thanks in advance.

Had a chance to roll these today finally. Holly crap the face is hot. I had rolled a couple of Scotty's and the new X-Milled line before picking these up and I rolled the first 3 about 10 feet past the hole. Once backing off some, it really came into it's own. Very consistent roll across the face, similar to the Pure Roll insert from Taylormade, yet not as "clicky" sounding, much more muted.

The colour is gorgeous in person, very good looking putter. Think anyone looking for something with about a $150 budget, these need to be on your roll list.

Had a chance to roll these today finally. Holly crap the face is hot. I had rolled a couple of Scotty's and the new X-Milled line before picking these up and I rolled the first 3 about 10 feet past the hole. Once backing off some, it really came into it's own. Very consistent roll across the face, similar to the Pure Roll insert from Taylormade, yet not as "clicky" sounding, much more muted.

The colour is gorgeous in person, very good looking putter. Think anyone looking for something with about a $150 budget, these need to be on your roll list.

I had the same experience, definitely a hot face but the roll was very true. Once I dialed it in the results were solid. Ended up buying the Anser 5 (long neck), I'll put it into play on Sunday and Monday.

Rolled it on Friday, thought it wasn't bad. Prefer the Nome TR or something a bit softer myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will have the TR Karsten Zing soon

Hit the anser 5 in PGA SS the other day. I really liked the feel and I was getting great roll right on my line. That color is amazing next to my wedges.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Very intrigued by these!

I'm currently using a Karsten Zing, which I'm fairly happy with. I'd love to try a Zing with the TR tech. And that copper finish looks awesome.

Back