Cobra AMP CELL Hybrids & Fairway Woods Preview

oh yeah I love it, don't love this 20° weather though. Can't wait till maybe its in the 40's or 50's again so I can get back out.
Love it my friend :D

Ok, I haven't had the AC 5/7 wood in the bag for a feed 3 months as I just wasn't getting along with it.

So I go to the golf club after work to collect it from my locker to out it on the bay (I'm looking for a new 3 wood as I'm not getting along with my Burner 2.0). So I take my whole bag town to the range, make a few adjustments from Saturdays bad round and find my groove again! So I start messing between the stock stiff and my RedBoard driver shafts and I have a stupid idea, will a AC driver shaft fit a AC fairway? Yep, it does......

How will the loft work? So I dropped he AC stock driver shaft in @8.5* (it's cut down to 45").. Wow, what a difference over the stock AC reg shaft! Feels like a totally different club, much better ball flight and lots more carry..

What about the RedBoard? This is cut to play at 44.5" in the driver. Drop it I. The fairway at 8.5* and OMG, it's a absolute BEAST! Amazing high ball flight with a 5-10 yard draw and nearly as long as the driver!!

Don't think I'm looking for a new 3 wood now :D

I am going to have to try this. I have a 3/4 FW inbound with several driver shafts available to try out.

I am going to have to try this. I have a 3/4 FW inbound with several driver shafts available to try out.

Seriously, its an total animal. Went back to the range twice this week just to try it again. Diamana RedBoard @ 8.5* and its just money all day long :D

Its much longer than my newly acquired 910fd (15*) with Diamana 'ilima!!

Went down to the basement tonight for half an hour and was hitting my Cobra Amp Cell 3/4 hybrid. Man I love the sound they make when you hit the ball.

Bought my son the 2/3 hybrid for Christmas. Same blue as my driver and 3 wood. Coincidence?? It may find it's way into my bag when he's not with me.

Only downside of this hybrid, I've discovered, is the yardage gap it creates between the 5 setting I have it on, which generates almost 180 of carry, and the 160 I get from my 6 iron. A 170 yard lie is my worst nightmare, lol.

Hi guys, ive had my hybrid for a while now but don't use it often but when I do I seam to have a big hook with it, it has the stock cobra stiff shaft. Just wondering if others have had issues with the stock shaft? Example today, I hadn't hooked a single shot at golf today then I pull out the cobra on the 18th and hook it, most times I use it it seams to be the same. I like the club but just don't get along with how it is at the moment. Can other shafts be brought for them or is it a better option to sell it? I guessing the shaft is to whippy for my swing and would probably suit maybe a heavier type of shaft. Thanks for any help.

Hi guys, ive had my hybrid for a while now but don't use it often but when I do I seam to have a big hook with it, it has the stock cobra stiff shaft. Just wondering if others have had issues with the stock shaft? Example today, I hadn't hooked a single shot at golf today then I pull out the cobra on the 18th and hook it, most times I use it it seams to be the same. I like the club but just don't get along with how it is at the moment. Can other shafts be brought for them or is it a better option to sell it? I guessing the shaft is to whippy for my swing and would probably suit maybe a heavier type of shaft. Thanks for any help.

Other shafts can be bought and then just buy the correct adapter for the club and you will be good to go.

I think I am going to add another one of these to the bag for the upcoming year. Just seems so easy to find a spot for it in the bag.

I just bought a Cobra hybrid so I'm pretty excited to see how it performs.

I think I am going to add another one of these to the bag for the upcoming year. Just seems so easy to find a spot for it in the bag.
The adjustability of the MyFly truly allows you to fit one into any gap you might have!

Other shafts can be bought and then just buy the correct adapter for the club and you will be good to go.

Thanks mate. Do you know of a good replacement shaft that would be better?

Thanks mate. Do you know of a good replacement shaft that would be better?

Here are numerous shafts on the market that could potentially provide you with what you want, but without numbers to go off of it would be like trying to shoot down an airplane with a BB gun. I would highly recommend going to get fit as this will give you the best to get a proper shaft.

I'm lucky, the stock fuel shaft jives with me. I absolutely love the AMP Cell line.

Here are numerous shafts on the market that could potentially provide you with what you want, but without numbers to go off of it would be like trying to shoot down an airplane with a BB gun. I would highly recommend going to get fit as this will give you the best to get a proper shaft.

Ok thank you. I don't have any where around to do the fitting so might just have to wing and try something.

Ok thank you. I don't have any where around to do the fitting so might just have to wing and try something.

Do you have anywhere to get launch numbers etc?

Time for the unusual
If the adapters are the same but letting, which I believe they are, I got an extra 2/3 hybrid & I'm planning on trying a FW shaft in it & see what type of results I get..

Time for the unusual
If the adapters are the same but letting, which I believe they are, I got an extra 2/3 hybrid & I'm planning on trying a FW shaft in it & see what type of results I get..

Should work just fine as far as using it in there.

Well it worked real well today, enough that for tomorrow's round I'm going to use it to replace my FW for more testing. I wont say its as far as my 3/4 FW but it does have lil more height and good distance. I think it maybe a good option for conditions, ie; windy FW. Course that has guarded greens for long shots 2 hy w/ long shaft.
Edit to add: used the Fubuki K 80g in stiff

I’m in the process of updating the clubs in my bag, and I’m looking that a new fairway wood.
I was heading in the direction of the new XHot2, but after reading another posts about filling the gap between a driver and hybrid, and how it is possible to get better yardage with a higher lofted club, ie a 4 fw V’s a 3fw, I’m now looking at the Amp cell, 3/4fw set at 16*. One question, what are the stock shafts like.

It seems that a lot of players have got fitted and changed the stock shafts. I know I have to go and hit the club and check the simulator’s data, but in general, what are the shafts like?

I have got fitted for my driver and 4 hybrid and the shafts in by new irons fit perfectly, and I would fall into the regular shaft category.

I’m in the process of updating the clubs in my bag, and I’m looking that a new fairway wood.
I was heading in the direction of the new XHot2, but after reading another posts about filling the gap between a driver and hybrid, and how it is possible to get better yardage with a higher lofted club, ie a 4 fw V’s a 3fw, I’m now looking at the Amp cell, 3/4fw set at 16*. One question, what are the stock shafts like.

It seems that a lot of players have got fitted and changed the stock shafts. I know I have to go and hit the club and check the simulator’s data, but in general, what are the shafts like?

I have got fitted for my driver and 4 hybrid and the shafts in by new irons fit perfectly, and I would fall into the regular shaft category.

The stock shaft can play weak to flex. I play stiff shafts typically but would likely play X in the stock shaft. Make sure you hit a couple of different flex options before you pull the trigger.

I found the stock shaft in the fairways and hybrids to play relatively truer to flex than the stock shafts in the driver

So, I just tested the 4 hybrid today (in black) and loved it :D

Just need to test a 588 first before I make up my mind...

You test the Amp cell or bio cell? Thought you mentioned bio cell in another thread.

Back