I grew up mostly playing Ping manganese bronze putters which had a pretty loud click to them, but today I like less click. Feel is mostly sound so I've become an insert guy the past few years and I like the older Odyssey putters with the black insert as well as my current Metal X. Just the right click/sound in that one.

I want a nice solid click.

It's why I can't use inserts like the white hot and such (or Bobby Grace's Marshmallow insert)long term, not enough feedback for me. I like the lower pitch click put off by a milled face putter as it affects the surface area that comes into contact with the ball and slightly dampens the sound.

I like a muted sound with a slightly firmer feel at impact. I like the non insert Odyssey putters or Scotty Cameron versus a cast Ping type.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

I prefer a medium feel with a softer sound.

To me, different putter sounds are like pretty girls. I can appreciate them all. Not the ugly ones though. No tingy/pingy sounds please.

To me, different putter sounds are like pretty girls. I can appreciate them all. Not the ugly ones though. No tingy/pingy sounds please.

Tingy/pingy = fat chicks?

For whatever reason I really enjoy the bronze FGP. It's quirky.

I'm all about the sound of the ball in the hole. Any putter that gets it there in the fewest strokes works for me. As of right now that is the muted sound of a SeeMore m series putter.

Same boat. Put it in the cup

LOL. You said it, not me!

Soft and quiet. I cant stand a clicky putter.

Back