Forum Testing Signup - Cobra Bio Cell Irons

Great looking group of testers there. Congrats guys. Look forward to your thoughts!

Congrats to all the testers..

TYLER!!! So pumped for you bro. And congrats to the rest of the testers too!

Ok ok you're allowed to try them when I get them :p

Congrats to all the testers!

To say that I am excited to be chosen for a testing opportunity for the first time is an understatement.

Received the email from War Eagle saying I was selected, while sitting on a bench in the mall waiting while my wife was shoe shopping. I almost ditched her and ran down to the golf store at the end of the mall to refresh my memory of the differences between the Bio Cell and the previous Amp Cell, and Amp irons.

Nevertheless, when she was finished we went down to the store to take a look. The initial thought is just WOW. To my eyes, a huge difference. Really excited to get this in my hands.

When I chose my last set (Burner 2.0), it came down to Burner 2.0's vs the Cobra Amps (which I tested on a trackman). At the time the Amps came in 2nd, but really interested to see how much things have changed in 2 years.

Its -31c right now here, and I am considering getting out in the snow and taking swings to start getting loosened up!

I really hope what I can put forth in testing helps inform the THP community.

Thank you very much THP and Cobra Golf !

Congrats to all those selected. I'm not jealous lol

Congrats everyone! It will be interesting to hear what everyone thinks.

Congrats to the chosen testers!!! Gotta feeling there is gonna be a lot of love of these irons.

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

Congrats to everyone who was selected.

I will be following everyone's journeys with these clubs over the winter.

Congrats to the selectees!

Congrats to the testers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Congrats to the testers! Lots of new faces!

Awesome group of testers! Congrats guys! Looking forward to reading how these work out for you!

Awesome group

Excited to read about these. On my short list for iron upgrades this year.

Congrats to the testers! Cannot wait to hear your feedback on these

Congrats to all the testers. Will definitely be interested in your feedback on these irons.

Great looking group of testers...congrats fellas

as I ponder a million things while excitedly (and not exactly patiently) waiting for the tester club to arrive, I noticed this on the Cobra site ( http://www.cobragolf.com/bio-cell-irons )
"Long and mid irons feature heavy tungsten in the heel and toe for more forgiveness. Short irons feature tungsten centered behind the hitting area for added distance and control."

the 7 iron they show on the site has weights in the outer pockets, indicating that they would consider a 7 iron a mid iron. I thought the standard breakdown was 2-3 long, 4-5-6 mid and 7-8-9 short. Then, I looked at the pictures on page 1 of this thread and assuming it's a 6 iron (since that's what we'll be testing) the weights are in the *center* holes. That would seem to indicate that they consider the 6 iron a short iron. So I'm more confused now :)

Most likely the pic on the first page is of an 8 or 9. Or the ones on the Cobra page are composites and not of actual clubs. We'll all know for sure soon enough, I guess I'm just letting my excitement get the better of me.

Anyone else notice this?

Congrats guys, look forward to your thoughts.

as I ponder a million things while excitedly (and not exactly patiently) waiting for the tester club to arrive, I noticed this on the Cobra site ( http://www.cobragolf.com/bio-cell-irons )
"Long and mid irons feature heavy tungsten in the heel and toe for more forgiveness. Short irons feature tungsten centered behind the hitting area for added distance and control."

the 7 iron they show on the site has weights in the outer pockets, indicating that they would consider a 7 iron a mid iron. I thought the standard breakdown was 2-3 long, 4-5-6 mid and 7-8-9 short. Then, I looked at the pictures on page 1 of this thread and assuming it's a 6 iron (since that's what we'll be testing) the weights are in the *center* holes. That would seem to indicate that they consider the 6 iron a short iron. So I'm more confused now :)

Most likely the pic on the first page is of an 8 or 9. Or the ones on the Cobra page are composites and not of actual clubs. We'll all know for sure soon enough, I guess I'm just letting my excitement get the better of me.

Anyone else notice this?
Nope... just glad one of the local boys is getting one so we can all have a poke with it.

Congratulations guys, I'm looking forward to reading your feedback.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Nope... just glad one of the local boys is getting one so we can all have a poke with it.
you want to poke the precious?!?

tumblr_static_gollum.gif

Back