DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for something for the weekend too. Something other than Pecan valley. Sorry. Seen enough of that course for a while. What did you gentlemen have in mind?

Sky Creek Saturday? Say around 11?

It's $79.99 until 3PM. $69 on Fridays and $49 m-th.

It's $79.99 until 3PM. $69 on Fridays and $49 m-th.

Well that sucks.Well have to look at this, but that is no deal. Let's work in that one at a later date, like in the summer when we can play it at 3 during the week.

Cost me $45 to ride last Saturday.

Just saw that. They allow walkers? Should be around 30 to walk if allowed.

I'm game for trying it Saturday. Near Las Colinas so not too far into Dallas.

I've been wanting to try out luna vista. Until my office moved at the end of the year, I worked about a mile from there. Well... my office was about a mile from there. I don't go in that often :). forecast is looking good for this weekend as of right now. Sunday I have an old friend visiting but will be playing somewhere Saturday for sure if the weather holds out.

For those in/around the Fort Worth area, I just got the Pecan Valley Assoc. 2014 schedule. Hope some of you have room on your schedule to join/play.

Attached is the PVGA 2014 Schedule. The first tournament is scheduled for January 11 as an Individual beginning with tee times at 9am on the River. We begin the new year with paying for Ghin. The fee still remains the same $25.00. The dues for the association remains the same also $20.00 (cash).

Payouts are usually 1/3rd of field. 2 flights. 1st Gross, 1st Net, 2nd Net, 3rd Net, etc. In addition to green fee (cart is extra, not required), there is $16 to prize fund ($11 for places, $5 for skins). 1st Flight is GHIN of 0-10 and plays from the blues. 2nd Flight is 10+ and plays from the whites. Each flight has own prize and skins fund.

PVGA and Meadowbrook typically alternate Saturdays to avoid conflicting events.
11-Jan
Individual
River 9 am
18-Jan
2-Person Scramble
Hills 9 am
1-Feb
Individual
River 9 am
15-Feb
Individual
Hills 9 am
1-Mar
2-Person Best Ball
River 9 am
15-Mar
Mod. Stableford
River 8 am
29-Mar
Individual
Hills 8 am
5-Apr
Individual
River 8 am
13-Apr
2-Person Shamble
Hills 8 am (Sun)
10-May
Individual
River 8 am
24-May
Individual
River 8 am
31-May
Red-White-Blue
Hills 8 am
22-Jun
Individual
River 8 am (Sun)
12-Jul
2-Person Best Ball
River 8 am
26-Jul
Individual
Hills 8 am
16-Aug
Individual
River 8 am
13-Sep
Individual
River 8 am
21-Sep
Individual
Hills 8 am (Sun)
Oct 4-5Club ChampionshipHills/River 8am
1-Nov
Flag (Fall Mtg)
River 8 am
15-Nov
Individual
River 9 am
13-Dec
2-Person Scramble
River 9 am

I wanted to bump this up as I just spoke to the tournament coordinator and confirmed that we are able to use our THP US Handicaps for the tournaments, so we won't have to pay for GHIN. The tournaments should be a lot of fun and it seems to be fairly easy to win some money which can be used on equipment, green fees, apparel etc. I will be playing in the tournament on the 11th and would love to have some other guys join me. There are 2 flights and it is handicapped.

That is good news Aaron. So we just pay the one time $20 entry fee? What are the tourney rates?

That is good news Aaron. So we just pay the one time $20 entry fee? What are the tourney rates?

Yes one time $20 registration fee, then the tournaments are green fee + cart(if desired) there is a mandatory $10 prize fee per tournament, and then you have the option of paying $5 to play skins which is divided by flight, and they have a $1 "yardstick" pot. One of the par 3s for the day is designated and if you put your tee shot inside 3 ft you win the pot and it carries over till someone wins, it's around $450 right now. The yardstick and skins payouts are CASH the tournament winnings are payed out in a PV gift card.

Looks like tourney fee is $16 according to the earlier post. Plus regular green fee.

i'm torn between playing in the tourney or Luna Vista ($30 to walk before noon, $22 to walk after noon BTW)

i love playing in tournaments, but I haven't played Luna Vista yet.

Hmmm, I know it can't make a bunch of the events but I could make a decent amount. Thinking about it. When is the cut-off for signing up?

Yes one time $20 registration fee, then the tournaments are green fee + cart(if desired) there is a mandatory $10 prize fee per tournament, and then you have the option of paying $5 to play skins which is divided by flight, and they have a $1 "yardstick" pot. One of the par 3s for the day is designated and if you put your tee shot inside 3 ft you win the pot and it carries over till someone wins, it's around $450 right now. The yardstick and skins payouts are CASH the tournament winnings are payed out in a PV gift card.

Thats awesome! Count me in for Saturday!

Just saw that. They allow walkers? Should be around 30 to walk if allowed.

I'm game for trying it Saturday. Near Las Colinas so not too far into Dallas.

Yes they allow walkers. Be full aware that if/when you play there that the shooting range is non stop, apartments are being built along the course, the area is full of warehouses so it is not a quite course.

Hmmm, I know it can't make a bunch of the events but I could make a decent amount. Thinking about it. When is the cut-off for signing up?

You can sign up anytime, you have to register for the event by close of business the Thursday prior. You have yo play 3 events in the year to qualify for the Club Championship. As Doug stated we could use these as possible THP vTour events as well!

This is not a league, correct?

Yes they allow walkers. Be full aware that if/when you play there that the shooting range is non stop, apartments are being built along the course, the area is full of warehouses so it is not a quite course.

I have done a significant amount of shooting next door at Elm Fork. Can bring earplugs if necessary

Think I'm gonna sign up then. Nothing like tourney play and pressure to keep improving.

Will still be looking to play Sunday if there is interest.

Looks like tourney fee is $16 according to the earlier post. Plus regular green fee.

i'm torn between playing in the tourney or Luna Vista ($30 to walk before noon, $22 to walk after noon BTW)

i love playing in tournaments, but I haven't played Luna Vista yet.

For the PVGA events, you are correct. Green fee + 16.

The $16 break out is:
10 - Prize fund
5 - Skins
1 - yardstick hole

Assuming the $16 needs to be cash only, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back