Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Driver Preview

This has been tested by a UK magazine. They say its lower spin and more forgiving than the AC :act-up:

We're they referring to the bio cell or bio cell +?

I know it's early but it doesn't look like any of Cobra's PGA staff are using the Bio Cell+ which is interesting to me. I know Poulter was experimenting with it but it doesn't look like he's replacing his ZL Encore just yet.

What is the official release date on these? I would really like to hit both the driver and fairway wood in the very near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What is the official release date on these? I would really like to hit both the driver and fairway wood in the very near future.

Jan 15 I believe. That is when I was told that mine will ship.

They come out the 15th I believe.

Another annoying Tapatalk signature!!

That blue Bio-Cell is calling my name, my goodness I'm so confused gear wise my head is spinning. There's so much good looking gear.

That blue Bio-Cell is calling my name, my goodness I'm so confused gear wise my head is spinning. There's so much good looking gear.

Can't decide if I wanna try that blue or orange... Both bold and beautiful

So looking at the options catalog, I noticed the AD-DI6 Black as an option. Pair that with a black head and stock whiteout NDMC grip and you may have the best looking driver ever.

My lust to get to spend time with these is immense.

I honestly think that the Red-Tie paired with either head would be lethal for me. That said, I really would love to try them with the same shaft head to head to see.

James: do you see more of the regular version making it into bags over the + version?

Kinda seems that with irons people flock to + in many cases (not just Cobra) but then in drivers they go with the more forgiving model. I could be offbase but just got me thinking with the price difference and different heads (that seem to have a lot of the same characteristics when comparing online).

James: do you see more of the regular version making it into bags over the + version?

Kinda seems that with irons people flock to + in many cases (not just Cobra) but then in drivers they go with the more forgiving model. I could be offbase but just got me thinking with the price difference and different heads (that seem to have a lot of the same characteristics when comparing online).

You know, that is an interesting thing.

Cobra does obviously say the regular should fit more, but at the same time research and testing indicates that the + is actually MORE forgiving (as for maintaining ball speed) all across the e9 face than the regular Cell, that is something that has been stuck in my head since being educated on the line. You know the sound will be different in the + because of the new material in the crown, but its almost like that weight savings has allowed them to make the + both lower spin AND maintain higher ball-speeds off the face. In the end we know its down to fitting, but I think this one could REALLY blur the lines more than others.

You know, that is an interesting thing.

Cobra does obviously say the regular should fit more, but at the same time research and testing indicates that the + is actually MORE forgiving (as for maintaining ball speed) all across the e9 face than the regular Cell, that is something that has been stuck in my head since being educated on the line. You know the sound will be different in the + because of the new material in the crown, but its almost like that weight savings has allowed them to make the + both lower spin AND maintain higher ball-speeds off the face. In the end we know its down to fitting, but I think this one could REALLY blur the lines more than others.

Did not expect to read this.

Awesome insight there, I didn't know that the + maintained more ball speed than the amp cell. Do we expect that to be the case with the + over the standard bio cell? If not, I'm curious why one would choose the regular over the + unless it was a cost choice.

Awesome insight there, I didn't know that the + maintained more ball speed than the amp cell. Do we expect that to be the case with the + over the standard bio cell? If not, I'm curious why one would choose the regular over the + unless it was a cost choice.

Sorry let me rephrase, both of these heads are lower spinning, have a lower CG (NOT forward though) and the e9 faces maintain higher ball speeds across them than the Cell did, the + simply does so more than the regular according to Cobra, but its also lower spinning then the regular version.

Also, fun fact, the models are 25% and 50% lower CG to neutral than the AMP Cell was.

Also, fun fact, the models are 25% and 50% lower CG to neutral than the AMP Cell was.

stop it. please. my wallet is crying.

Sorry let me rephrase, both of these heads are lower spinning, have a lower CG (NOT forward though) and the e9 faces maintain higher ball speeds across them than the Cell did, the + simply does so more than the regular according to Cobra, but its also lower spinning then the regular version.

Nothing a little shaft work can't fix :alien:

Nothing a stock Red-Tie can't fix for me. :alien:

Such a solid shaft, not to mention a great stock offering in the +. Though the ATX Tour Blue has my interest as well. A pairing I would like to hit for sure.

The Amp Cell is such an incredible driver for me... I don't see how there is really that much room for improvement. That said, if the bio cell woods and hybrids live up to expectations as much as the irons have so far, I foresee a lot more Cobra in my bag for the 2014 season.

Oh man, after reading James' posts above, this thing might as well already be in my bag. I know its going to happen. The money is already spent in my head.

#waitingforthe15thsoIcangotoRogerDunn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My money has already vacated my wallet haha. I have a feeling I'll be happy it did.
My only minor issue with Amp Cell is that its a touch high spinning regardless of shaft. I'd be thrilled to knockoff 300-400 rpm without sacrificing forgiveness.

my flawed and wishful logic is trying to justify the idea that instead of buying a Red Tie shaft for my amp cell, I should just buy a Bio Cell+ with the Red Tie already in it. That is ridiculous... right? grrr

Back