Cleveland 588 Hybrid Preview

Im keeping my eyes in this thread for sure....I have a sneaky suspicion that there is a Hybo in my future.

good looking hybo, wonder what the shaft will do with me.

This whole lineup is looking really good. My first thoughts on the looks was a souped up mashie. Really curious to hit these.

I've never hit a Cleveland hybrid, although I am gaming one of their hyron sets. I know I would love to give these a try!

I have the mashie 3h and 4h........these will likely be replacing those though. Gorgeous.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I love the almost graphite look in the grooves of the sole!
IMG_9809.jpg

The carbon fiber look in the sole is a sweet one.

This looks impressive. Like a mold of everything I've liked from their past hybrids minus the amount of offset.

What is that screw/adjustment in the back? Is that a weight?

EDIT
Nevermind, I got it. I don't know how I missed this reading it the first time.

"Combined with a rear sole plug, advanced wall construction allows more weight to be positioned low in the club for a higher launch."

Cool pic Icey, shows that sole well and it's sharp, nice improvement over 2013 IMO.

Thanks for the pics Nicey!

Call me biased, but why do manufacturers only produce certain clubs right handed? I mean I know its about a 1:10+ ratio for lefties:righties but that doesn't mean that something should be ignored completely...anyways..

These look awesome. Cleveland knows how to look classy.

Simple answer is that they don't sell enough of them. In the end, it's about making money.

That's fair, and I kinda figured as much. It would be neat to see some companies do special orders in cases like this.

Did some more reading and looking at some material from Cleveland and this may be the item I'm most excited about in the new metalwood line. Rails and keel are very similar to the Mashie+, which is a very, very good thing for me. To me, that keel offered a few levels of help, both on misses and good swings. First hybrid with variable face thickness, which will make an already forigiving hybrid even moreso. Shaft and head shape/size are my style. I've been really touchy with hybrids lately and this one looks to set up square with a small head. Need to find a demo as soon as this snow goes away.

Did some more reading and looking at some material from Cleveland and this may be the item I'm most excited about in the new metalwood line. Rails and keel are very similar to the Mashie+, which is a very, very good thing for me. To me, that keel offered a few levels of help, both on misses and good swings. First hybrid with variable face thickness, which will make an already forigiving hybrid even moreso. Shaft and head shape/size are my style. I've been really touchy with hybrids lately and this one looks to set up square with a small head. Need to find a demo as soon as this snow goes away.

They really did a good job molding some great attributes of the mashies into these clubs. Forgive me if I am mistaken, but the Mashies in 2012 were some of the most raved about hybrids and going back to that design + adding the variable face thickness is going to equal success for a lot of people who give these ones a try I think.

They really did a good job molding some great attributes of the mashies into these clubs. Forgive me if I am mistaken, but the Mashies in 2012 were some of the most raved about hybrids and going back to that design + adding the variable face thickness is going to equal success for a lot of people who give these ones a try I think.

I thought the 2012 Mashie+ was the best out of all of them for sure. The addition of the keel was a big positive. Time and swing changes sort of led me away from them based on my normal miss.

I thought the 2012 Mashie+ was the best out of all of them for sure. The addition of the keel was a big positive. Time and swing changes sort of led me away from them based on my normal miss.

And now minimal offset!

And now minimal offset!

Yea buddy. This is sort of being advertised as a tour inspired line, so I'm thinking not as much draw weighting either.

And now minimal offset!

I like that a lot. The mashies had a little too much for my liking and the J40s had basically no offset. Something in-between that would be perfect!

Every time I read about these, I get more intrigued. Can't wait to pit one of these against my J40.

Yea buddy. This is sort of being advertised as a tour inspired line, so I'm thinking not as much draw weighting either.

No doubt as that's the one thing I need no help with

this hybris is looking good, love the simple looks, I will go and swing it for sure when it come out

Back