Torchy's Tacos - Damn Good

mikeg_74

2015 Grandaddy | 2019 Grandaddy AssCap
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
11ish
Torchy.jpg

I've seen other threads of THP'ers sharing their favorite places to eat. Torchy's Tacos is mine. Much like the Chipotle thread we can share anything and everything about Torchy's and pictures if you have them are always great! From my perspective they have quality food & generous portions for the price.

Here are a couple of links to the main page and also the not so "SECRET" menu.
http://www.torchystacos.com/

http://kut.org/post/revealed-torchys-secret-taco-menu

Here are my two tacos that I love:

1. Ace of Spades: Jalapeno sausage link and grilled brisket topped with a fried egg, green chile queso, cotija cheese, sour cream, more cheese and Diablo sauce, served on a flour tortilla.
2. Trailer Park Hillbilly Style: Torchy’s gauche standby is made even trashier with chorizo and chopped bacon atop the usual fried chicken tender with green chilies, queso and ranch, served on a flour tortilla.

Look forward to the thoughts of others that have eaten at Torchy's & also for the newbies that will get to experience it for the first time.

Ace of Spades sounds awesome.

Torchys is amazing! I absolutely love it. Great idea to post this. Hope others get the chance to try it

Torchys is amazing! I absolutely love it. Great idea to post this. Hope others get the chance to try it

Is there a Torchy's around KC? I've never heard of them. I'll check out their website for locations. J4U had a favorite taco place around KC that I've not eaten at yet, I think it was called In-a-tub or something like that.

Is there a Torchy's around KC? I've never heard of them. I'll check out their website for locations. J4U had a favorite taco place around KC that I've not eaten at yet, I think it was called In-a-tub or something like that.

It looks like it's just down in Texas.

And yes, it's In-a-Tub. It's OK, but not my favorite.

As far as I know only in Austin, DFW & Houston

I like the chicken Fajita

anyone like the Dirty Sanchez?

http://www.torchystacos.com/food/tacos/

This post made me laugh out loud. I think of something entirely unappetizing when I hear the words "dirty sanchez" and I wouldn't know anyone who would like it, lol. I actually had to go to their website to see if they actually had something called that and they do. Too funny.

While there, I saw that it is a Texas thing. Next time I'm visiting my family in Dallas, we may have to make a side trip to a Torchy's it looks like, but it won't be at the expense of a Whataburger.

This post made me laugh out loud. I think of something entirely unappetizing when I hear the words "dirty sanchez" and I wouldn't know anyone who would like it, lol. I actually had to go to their website to see if they actually had something called that and they do. Too funny.

While there, I saw that it is a Texas thing. Next time I'm visiting my family in Dallas, we may have to make a side trip to a Torchy's it looks like, but it won't be at the expense of a Whataburger.

Go to both!!! A new tradition Torchy's & Whataburger!

Their breakfast tacos are incredible as well

Those sound delish. Need more good taco joints up here.

This place sounds amazing, I hope to get to Texas again one day to try this place.

Torchy's is very good, my favorite in Dallas is Diggs - right across the street from SMU on Hillcrest.

There are some in Dallas when you come for the #OwnTheSecondShot.

There is one down the road from the cowboy club according to the map.

Great stuff. This is exactly what this new section is about. Restaurant reviews, dining fun, preferences. You name it. Thanks for sharing.

I'll have to remember this place when I am in Texas next month. Looks like locations in both Dallas and Austin

Back