Top 3 hybrids of 2013

Are we considering the utility irons as hybrids?

Because I love the x proto and the DHY.

In my mind they are hybrids.

1) Baffler T-rail (sets up great for me and a fantastic deal can be had on these)
2) Nike Covert (only hit at demo day but was very easy to hit)
3) Adams Super S (another solid easy to hit hybrid)

X-Hot for sure. I don't have one. Kind of wish I did. Can't remember who owned it, but I was killing one at a gathering.

Super S, too.

Not 2013 but the J40 I picked up off the marketplace...love it!

I didn't buy any 2013 hybrids this year. Many were seemingly focused on distance, which isn't what I want out of a hybrid. I'm not enough of a player for the driving iron types of clubs, though I suspect I'd like them if I had a bit more swing speed.

I spent most of 2013 with either Mashie (and +), Tour Edge Trilogy hybrids and an older TM Rescue. Three of those were utility clubs that worked well from multiple lies and the Rescue was great for a 5W replacement. I'd probably rank those Trilogy, Mashie+, Rescue, Mashie.

My favorite new hybrid that I hit this year was actually the Nike Covert. If I were putting a "mini-fairway" type hybrid in the bag right now, that's what it'd be.

Classic
Amp Cell
J40

However until the X2Hot came out, I was still playing the Cleveland DST from close to 5 years ago.

kind of funny, those are mine too. I just throw the AMP Cell higher. If there was a 4th I'd say X Hot. Just memories of that day at University Park where I couldn't a thing except for that hybrid.

Favorites were:

Covert Tour
SLDR
X-Hot

Well since I bought 2 Hybrids last year and hitting most on the market I would rank them as follows:

- Xhot 20* Pro (Love this club it's my 200-210 distance club)
- Cobra Amp Cell 4h/5h (The gap between my 5I and the Xhot needed to be filled and this club gave me great results but the ability to adjust it was what made me buy it)
- Nike Covert (I was hitting it well but the Red color was hard for me to adjust too, so that was why I went with the two above but this club surprised me cause going in it wasn't even on my radar)

Covert tour I gamed for most of the season when I had a hybrid in the bag. Now I have 913 17°. Another good one was adams dhy. Those three stand out for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

For me:
1) Callaway X-Hot: Almost a perfect hybrid for me. Long, and almost automatic. Even when I miss, it doesn't seem to turn out badly.
2) Cobra AMP Cell: A close second. Just as long as the X-Hot, super easy to hit, plus it was adjustable, but it wanted to leak right on me a bit when I hit it vs. the X-Hot which went dead freaking straight. Perhaps with a shaft change, could have been even better.
3) Adams Super S: This is a great hybo, but I wasn't a fan of the bigger footprint. I liked the a12OS hybrid much better, but it isn't a '13 model so doesn't count.

Cobra Baffler
PING G25

No 3rd place as the rest were not very impressive for me.

Bridgestone J40-my gamer just love hitting it inspires confidence. I can hit it high or low to get some run out, it does it all.
Cobra Baffler T-Rail+-very nice sometimes a little higher than I prefer but a good club

Haven't had a chance to try the Ping G25, but going to have to hit some balls with that one love the looks

Adams Super LS (long straight easy to hit)
RBZ Stage 2 Tour( same as above just not as good feel)
913H
Anser

Back