JOSE1148

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

I am in the market of buying a new driver (my whole set was stolen before xmas). I have read many things about the R1 & R11.

I would like to hear about the pros and cons on both drivers. Which is the better driver ? I am looking for the most forgiveness, I am a right handed golfer and have tendency to slice every now and again.

Thanks

The R1 was a game changer for me. So much forgiveness and adjustability built in.

Tappin away

If you want forgiving, pass on the r11.

I think there many more forgiving options on the market than those two. Imo.

The R1 is alot more forgiving than either the R11 or R11s. plus there is a ton of adjustablity you might also want to take a look at the RBZ stage 2 it is a great overlooked gem

My vote is R1. It's the best driver I've owned. It almost wants your ball in the fairway.

I would go r1 in a heartbeat. Still the best driver I've ever gamed and that was with the stock shaft. Forgiveness across the face is phenomenal.

Another vote for the R1, really like my black.

Another vote for the R1, I'm really enjoying that driver.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Great stuff guys thanks. So basically from what I am reading the R1 is the best driver ever made for hackers? LOL

Great stuff guys thanks. So basically from what I am reading the R1 is the best driver ever made for hackers? LOL

Not gonna be the best for everyone but given the 2 options in the original post, it would be the smarter choice IMO.

Vote for the R1 here. However, a driver fitting may make the investment a little bigger, but the payoff will also be bigger knowing you'll get the best available to you. Don't limit yourself unless your heart is truly with Taylormade and only them.

Probably R1. I have the R11S and I really like it, but if I was buying one or the other right now I'd go R1 because it is way more forgiving across the face. And the prices have really come down on them as well, which is nice.

You can't go wrong with the R1. It's a great club.

I really can't stand TaylorMade. (For a lot of reasons that I will spare you from.) However, when I went to get a new driver last year, I hit everything except TM. I wanted no part of them. Especially the R1. Hated the graphics and the gimmicky sole plate. A buddy handed me the TP version of the R1 and reluctantly I hit it and it was hands down the best driver I have ever hit. The more I swung it the more I liked it. That shaft is the cats meow. The numbers were perfect for me. I hated giving my money to TM, but if it works, it works so I bought one and have been gaming it since. I still hate the graphics, so I'm looking for a black head to put on that TP shaft. (One that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg that is. Hard to justify another head when I dropped $500 on the driver.)

Anyway... that's probably more information that you wanted... so... R1!! :)

Wow this thread is making think about the R1 as I love my R11 but if the forgiveness is even better I may have to ponder it but damn when looking at all those adjustments it made me shy away from it (the R11 was not bad with the adjustments) but the R1 looks like you need some kind of TaylorMade degree in drivers to get it dialed in... LOL :)

I like the sound of the R11 over the R1, but the R1 is definitely more forgiving.

Out of the two, R1 all the way. I found it to be more forgiving across the face and longer in distance of my old 910D2. The features on the R1 were also a big attraction to me wanting it, the technology and stock shaft were a perfect fitting for me (moveable weight technology helped with my slice that's now fixed from lessons).

I bought the black R1 as I prefer black headed drivers over the white that Taylormade used to do.

Like others have said the R1 was a game changer but for me it changed my tee game from a strength to complete garbage. Hit them before you buy.

No it's not. It's about what works for your game. There is a lot of options out there.

I'm going to be the oddball I guess.....but I loved the R11 over the R1. Not a big fan of having a compass on the bottom of my driver. But, different strokes for different folks. I would go hit them first and see what you think.

For me the R11 or R11s are both hard to beat. Quite a few don't like the sound of them or think the R11 to be lacking in forgiveness. I have both of them, they both perform great, hard for me to say one performs better than the other, can very confidently bag either one. The R11S is larger at 460 cc and a little louder but the way they perform makes the sound music to my ears and completely reinforces how solid the hit feels. There are no Forgiveness problems whatsoever. for me with the 440 cc R11.
I have only hit about 10 balls with someones R1 and it seemed to perform quite well , but nothing about that limited experience tempted me to move to something different then my two drivers.

That said the 2014 Callaway Bertha drivers have got my full attention

I've gamed both of these. Went R11 to SLDR (returned it) to the R1.

SLDR goes the furthest but is very unforgiving on the heel and toe. I loved it when I hit it great, but was only doing so 70% of the time. Plus I bought the TP for $499, and the R1 went on sale for $199. Was an easy return to make.

R11. Great club, but does not have all of the technology as the R1.

R1. Great club, very forgiving. A little whippy in the shaft for me so I'm going to get fitted for a new one.

I'd spend the extra coupe bucks for the r11 imo.

Best,

MB

r1 has been good to me. tp shaft keeps the ball flight lower and gave me 30 more yards compared to my old superfast driver.

of the two, I'd say it's kind of a tie for feel, but the R1 is definitely more forgiving and DEFINITELY more adjustable.

Back