The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safety and pick is the way to do it. Luck not having much tonight.

So, now the Punter looks like a genius. Only cost 2 pts, instead of the Colts getting the ball on the 2 yard line and a pretty much guaranteed TD.

So, now the Punter looks like a genius. Only cost 2 pts, instead of the Colts getting the ball on the 2 yard line and a pretty much guaranteed TD.

Yep, definitely!

I still find it odd they didn't say anything about the horrible snap that started that whole mess! Blame the punter who was thrown into an unexpected situation, not the guy who sent the ball back there in the first place!

Pats punter must have really gotten it on that play, Gostowski just punted for the Pats.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

And that's another thing I don't get. Why not have the kicker be the punter too? Seems like that would be a valuable addition to your team so you can use that extra spot for a position player.

I couldn't figure out why Dierdorf was saying what he was saying. I'm rooting for the Colts, and as the play happened, I was thrilled that the punter tried to throw the ball instead of kicking it out of the end zone, and then bummed when the Colts player knocked it out. Given the nature of this game, it clearly would have been better for the Colts to have the ball on the 2-yard line so they would have a good chance of getting a touchdown. The safety was the best result for the Patriots, and that's before Luck threw the INT.

And that's another thing I don't get. Why not have the kicker be the punter too? Seems like that would be a valuable addition to your team so you can use that extra spot for a position player.
Some do it all. However, the two types of kicking are completely different.

Good question - guess it comes down to whether a kicker can do both which is pretty rare. The fact that the announcers were surprised at how well Gostowksi punted may say something.

Remember when there were QBs that were punters - Danny White, Tom Tupa? Might be dating myself on that statement.

Dierdorf was trying say he should have fallen on the ball, Indy ball at the 2...that makes no sense...(especially now)

Some do it all. However, the two types of kicking are completely different.

That's why I said it would be very valuable. Very different, yes, but that New England kicker looks like he could do it.

I think they are back-up for each other, if you only carry one and they get hurt, who kicks

Dierdorf was trying say he should have fallen on the ball, Indy ball at the 2...that makes no sense...(especially now)

Yeah, they gave him all these accolades during the pre-game show over his long and successful broadcasting career, and then he says something that seemed to me to be really questionable from a football strategy standpoint. And nobody called him on it.

I think they are back-up for each other, if you only carry one and they get hurt, who kicks
I bet Gronk can kick. Dude is an animal.

Yeah on the radio they kept saying gostkowski would punt

A backup wide receiver, someone. This game aside, and the Cincinnati punters, kickers don't get hurt THAT often. Just pick some backup guy to practice kicking.

Then get another guy before the next game.

George Blanda used to be the QB AND the placekicker.

Great catch!

Hell of a drive here by the C O L T S COLTS COLTS COLTS

The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Jeez, Andrew Luck has a laser guided arm don't he?!?!

Yes! Just don't pull a Chief and blow this game.

Getting chippy out on the field.

Either they decided to go for two to get the lead to 14 or no holder. No holder means New England won't be able to attempt a field goal for rest of the game?

I am a little hard of hearing, glad I had on the closed caption it sounded like he said Darrius Rucker was the guilty party on the PF penalty.

Either they decided to go for two to get the lead to 14 or no holder. No holder means New England won't be able to attempt a field goal for rest of the game?

No they did it to get it to 14 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back