Staff Bags & Using Them

Or just dropped the driver and walked off the tee box, similar to a rapper dropping the mic and walking off.

#MicDrop

That's really made me lol. Could only imagine what the guys face would look like..

I just feel sorry for people that judge golfers based on looks/equipment. If they like it who is anyone else to tell them otherwise?

Well said. I, for certain, am nothing close to a pro but I have gotten used to the size and style of staff bags, and won't play anything else.

I have a collection of bags (over 10 now) which started out as a collection from various events, and to store extra clubs. Now I've got them all tacked identically, and switch them out to play almost every round. I've gone as far as to get rid of my stand bags, as I've gotten used to walking with the staffers.

Well said. I, for certain, am nothing close to a pro but I have gotten used to the size and style of staff bags, and won't play anything else.

I have a collection of bags (over 10 now) which started out as a collection from various events, and to store extra clubs. Now I've got them all tacked identically, and switch them out to play almost every round. I've gone as far as to get rid of my stand bags, as I've gotten used to walking with the staffers.

Wow, Im not sure I would want to walk with my staffers but I have not problem putting them on my Clic Gear. My Seemore bag is about the same size as the Sun Mountain C130 and fits on every cart I have tried.

I have several staff bags and will use them if I am riding or going to the range. I have some issues with my current Callaway bag fitting on some older carts, but I can get it to work by turning it at an angle and still get another cart bag on with it.

A while back, I was playing my home course with my Staff bag, when a guy from the group behind me started saying that with a bag like that, I should be playing from the farthest back tee box, and that I was a poser etc. All I did was step up to my ball, (par 4) hit a nice drive down the middle, and left the ball 5 feet from the green. Yeah, he shut up after that.

The way I see it I've had my ass handed to me by guys in absolute rags and by guys fully decked out like they were sponsored. I've beaten guys in rags and also beaten guys fully decked out. Relating equipment or apparel to skill is just dumb.
I just find it ridiculous how some men turn into high school girls, judging everyone in sight based on looks, the second they are within the property line of the golf course. According to these guys you can't use anything but hyrons, wear bright colors, have a big bag, or wear pants unless you are on the PGA Tour.
I'll stop or move this to the rant thread haha.

Wow, Im not sure I would want to walk with my staffers but I have not problem putting them on my Clic Gear. My Seemore bag is about the same size as the Sun Mountain C130 and fits on every cart I have tried.

There are limits to walking, especially being in LA. If I'm at an extremely hilly course, I'll ride, so it does ease the pain a bit.

The way I see it I've had my ass handed to me by guys in absolute rags and by guys fully decked out like they were sponsored. I've beaten guys in rags and also beaten guys fully decked out. Relating equipment or apparel to skill is just dumb.
I just find it ridiculous how some men turn into high school girls, judging everyone in sight based on looks, the second they are within the property line of the golf course. According to these guys you can't use anything but hyrons, wear bright colors, have a big bag, or wear pants unless you are on the PGA Tour.
I'll stop or move this to the rant thread haha.

Haha yeah, the next week I played the entire week with my Taylormade equipment, in a crappy john daly bag with marching head covers. I played the same way but in rags just to prove a point

New Nike Staffer.

I am in love.

New Nike Staffer.

I am in love.

I kept seeing Brown's on the HTOC coverage, very nice! It's cool the color scheme of the bag matches the driver perfectly!

Best looking Nike bag I have seen.

I have an opportunity to buy a Bridgestone mini-staff bag for what I feel is a good price. However, can anyone tell me if the panel on those zips off so that I can have it embroidered?

I have an opportunity to buy a Bridgestone mini-staff bag for what I feel is a good price. However, can anyone tell me if the panel on those zips off so that I can have it embroidered?

Yes, they do.

Where are you planning to get your embroidering done?? Who does everyone use?

Where are you planning to get your embroidering done?? Who does everyone use?

I was just going to take the panel to an embroidery shop near my house. The kind of place that does letterman jackets, etc.

I have looked into Z Customizations. They are the ones that embroider a lot of the PGA tour bags. $20 for a name and $20 for a logo. This is where I am planning on doing mine

http://www.zcustomization.com/

I dont think staff bags are any different than any other golf item. If you like it, buy it and use it. The space benefit alone of a staff bag has me intrigued. EVERY time I go to the course i see someone that I think is good but is just as bad as me. But really, who cares? I'd buy one but I have yet to see one that's priced well enough for me to ditch the two bags that I have.

Get out on the course with the gear that you like and have fun!

I have looked into Z Customizations. They are the ones that embroider a lot of the PGA tour bags. $20 for a name and $20 for a logo. This is where I am planning on doing mine

http://www.zcustomization.com/

Thanks for posting this! I've gotten my first staff bag and I think I'm going to get my name and a logo or two added. I just reached out to the company through their webpage.

I told myself I would embroider my bag once I get to a single digit handicap. At least this gives me a goal.

I told myself I would embroider my bag once I get to a single digit handicap. At least this gives me a goal.

That is my goal and eventually scratch before I embroider my 20XI or I'll look really wannabe like and not even be that great of a player yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my goal and eventually scratch before I embroider my 20XI or I'll look really wannabe like and not even be that great of a player yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is your handicap now? I'm at a 17.6 but improved from a high 20 last year.

I can't imagine myself ever actually using a staff bag, even when I had my hc down below an 8. Likely a good thing as I can't see a reason I'd ever have one anyway. The guys I play with would just shake their heads and laugh.

Back