#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

I will never forget the flight in, when we started descending onto San Diego. Seeing the Padres Stadium, the water, the palm trees. Everything hit me, that I would be in for the ride of my life.

Departing the plane and heading to baggage claim and then seeing my name on the sign from the driver and I was just getting started on what became the best few days of my life

The Grandaddy bag is my gamer now, and I suspect it will be for a long time.

When I open my car's trunk and see the bag, it always makes me smile. When I see the hammer patch on the side that I "earned" in Palm Springs (Internet bro-hug to my man Kevin), it makes me smile from ear to ear.

The Grandaddy bag is my gamer now, and I suspect it will be for a long time.

When I open my car's trunk and see the bag, it always makes me smile. When I see the hammer patch on the side that I "earned" in Palm Springs (Internet bro-hug to my man Kevin), it makes me smile from ear to ear.

Same here. I look forward to explaining the grandaddy logo and the drain patch to everyone I golf with this year.

1211131441a.jpg

So being a bit more distanced from the event, would the participants change anything about how they approached the event?

More time practicing on difficult greens? Was there one particular shot that would have come in handy, and helped keep you out of trouble on the course?

I think I would shave off my eyebrows at this point to get into the Grandaddy2. Thank you everyone for making us feel like we were there. It is everything besides the golf that makes this incredible to see(not that the golf was not). I want to be led by Captain Jman into battle and I want to watch Sabellaing happen in person. I wish there was a picture of the team rolling in one group late cause that would be epic. Thank you Dreamteamers for representing us so well and allowing us to live vicariously through you.

So being a bit more distanced from the event, would the participants change anything about how they approached the event?

More time practicing on difficult greens? Was there one particular shot that would have come in handy, and helped keep you out of trouble on the course?

Being that I was extremely handicapped by the weather to practice, there's not much I could have done. We all agreed that the game we were bringing out there was the best we could do at that time. We also said no "Sorry's" for a bad shot and absolutely no regrets! Sure there's things that could have happened in a perfect world, but there's not a single thing I would change about what happened at the #Grandaddy (well, except possibly winning and capturing the inaugural "Sabellaing" on camera).

I NEED one of those drain patches. So awesome!

I think I did the best I could in terms of preparation. At some point, there just isn't enough time in the day and I think everybody gave as much as they had to give there.

I'd alter my strategy for groupings quite a bit I think.

In terms of preparation, I did the best I could. I was playing some incredible golf leading up to the event and then about a month before I started having some very serious issues. I enlisted the help of FK who really helped to get my swing back on track. I hit the range multiple times a week, played whenever the weather allowed. I felt like I did my best to get ready, and if selected for anything like this again I can promise the same. Nothing like these types of events to get you excited for practice. You really want to be at your best to help your team win

Honestly, I would not have changed a thing.

I raised my game to a new level in preparation for the Grandaddy, a place where I hope I can stay (if not improve further). I am pretty proud of myself for the work that I put in, but I am even prouder of my teammates for their work. Everyone had their own challenges, struggles, "demons" - whatever you want to call them, and everyone worked their butt off to get through them. Could not be prouder of this team.

For those that are fortunate enough to make it into a team based THP event - MC, Grandaddy, King, Gauntlet or whatever the next awesome thing that comes from Josh and Morgan, here's my advice:

Work as hard as you can. You owe it to yourself, your team and the members of THP to give it your all. And, you will look back afterwards and not only admire your efforts, but also the efforts of your team. Do work.

It was funny, sharing a group text message group leading up to the event it seemed like everyday at least a couple guys from our team were talking about a great range session, or a great 18 holes, or whatever.. GREAT motivation to work hard

I don't think I would do anything differently. Really nothing else I could have done to get ready for the event, as I was ready both physically and mentally. I accomplished everything I wanted to except bringing home the grandaddy belt.

1) Played my best golf and did not put unneeded pressure on myself
2) Soaked in the moment whenever possible
4) Bonded with all of my teammates and my competitors

No regrets. Zero.

That Grandaddy logo is truly special, so amazing. Every time I see it in any photo it reminds me of how amazing this event was and how cool it was for you all to experience it!

Humana re-run is bringing back some good memories.

Humana re-run is bringing back some good memories.

Agreed. The Humana is about to become my favorite non-major tournament.

Exciting times!! Thanks to Callaway crew. This bag looks stacked!

u3e7ebym.jpg

muqyjevu.jpg

qabuma8a.jpg

Looks awesome Hawk!

Damn Hawk, simply amazing!

Hard not to drool over that setup Hawk!

Nice looking setup you've got there, Hawk. Just not even fair putting that many phenomenal clubs into one bag...

Can't say enough about those guys at Callaway. This is really something else.

Nice looking sticks hawk.

That setup is ridiculously breathtaking Hawk!

Back