#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

Dude not a problem at all..

SS with a driver is around 103-105
Transition is fairly smooth, a little jerky when I get lazy/tired
Other Shafts: Graphite Design AD-DI (My Hybrid Shaft), Diamana Kaili (which I am going with in my 3W), White tie

Perfect thanks. The Kai'li and White Tie have worked very well for me this year.

In the interest of not derailing the MC thread, I thought I'd recount a little memory ATLGolfer brought back.

I think we were on #3 on the Clive course? It's a longish par 4 with trees left and an elevated tee shot. I remember that much.

Seth must have gone out of play off the tee, because for some reason we were stuck using my tee ball, which also went left (and short), but was still in play. Since we used my drive, Seth had to hit the approach from 190+ from the rough, on a sidehill (ball below) lie, under and through the trees.

He's sitting there whining about it and for some reason I had total confidence in him. Maybe it's because that's the kind of shot I have to play so often lol. Anyway, he smokes this low burner out that (I think) faded a bit and rolled right up on to the green. I lag it close and then we'll pretend the story has a happy ending.

Awesome shot by the big guy.

Man reading this thread just makes me smile.

I miss that place, I really do. A once in a lifetime opportunity that I never took for granted. The Hideaway was a special place, and playing it with my good THP buddies and the #zoocrew made it that much more special.

Yeah Hawk, Joe and I had a few holes like that. Haha

But each time that happened, whoever needed to hit a shot, did it. Was so awesome to experience and see. We both had confidence in ourselves and for the other guy and it really paid off in the end.

Yeah Hawk, Joe and I had a few holes like that. Haha

But each time that happened, whoever needed to hit a shot, did it. Was so awesome to experience and see. We both had confidence in ourselves and for the other guy and it really paid off in the end.

It was awesome how we fed off each other and picked one another up, especially in the first match.

It was awesome how we fed off each other and picked one another up, especially in the first match.

That was a blast! Such a fun round.

And the best thing? No apologies. Ever.

Paul and I did this toward the end of our first match. We had 4 straight fantastic holes as a team and took the match. I loved this because it was more about the TEAM than any one individual, which is mostly what golf is about. Such a great time.

In the interest of not derailing the MC thread, I thought I'd recount a little memory ATLGolfer brought back.

I think we were on #3 on the Clive course? It's a longish par 4 with trees left and an elevated tee shot. I remember that much.

Seth must have gone out of play off the tee, because for some reason we were stuck using my tee ball, which also went left (and short), but was still in play. Since we used my drive, Seth had to hit the approach from 190+ from the rough, on a sidehill (ball below) lie, under and through the trees.

He's sitting there whining about it and for some reason I had total confidence in him. Maybe it's because that's the kind of shot I have to play so often lol. Anyway, he smokes this low burner out that (I think) faded a bit and rolled right up on to the green. I lag it close and then we'll pretend the story has a happy ending.

Awesome shot by the big guy.

Couple points of clarification.

We were playing Pinehurst, which meant that we played alternate shot for the first two shots. I piped a drive down the right side of the fairway. My partner then hit a really weak fade into the creek on the right.

Before my partner's shot, I had to hit the 190ish side hill shot from the rough and under the trees. I clubbed up to hit a low 4i out, and I barely avoided the branches in front of me. The ball faded a little, then released and tracked to the hole. It was an amazing shot, if I do say so myself.

Just as amazing, I then proceeded to miss a (I'll be generous) three-footer to save par and halve the hole. Off in the California mountains, you could hear baby Jesus cry.

I don't recall that first part lol. I think I'm glad about that.

Seth, I don't think Hawk can hear you from under that bus.

#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

As I mentioned in my recap, I totally cost us the Pinehurst match. I have turned into a pretty good putter over the last several months, but I missed some very short and makable putts during that match. We really should have won that one, and it's all on me. Ryan actually hit the ball well in the afternoon (after being hot garbage in the morning...).

Still, I wouldn't have changed a thing. It was an awesome day with the Hawkster.

And so it begins for 2014!!!

Nice Ice!

LOL. Jman gets to feel the fire that only Finley can bring.

Paul and I did this toward the end of our first match. We had 4 straight fantastic holes as a team and took the match. I loved this because it was more about the TEAM than any one individual, which is mostly what golf is about. Such a great time.
And we started off Pinehurst the same way! It was great! Nothing like it- team first in golf. Very cool. Tyler and Dan were great partners!

So pretty....

Clubs look incredible Joe! Rest of us should hopefully be able to post pictures soon

Good to see clubs coming in. Those look pretty sweet Joe.

Looks awesome.

There's now a sad panda sitting in Atlanta.

Absolutely gorgeous!

They look fantastic mr. Jlukes.

Well, well, well. Looky what came today. :D

detyze2a.jpg

ahynemep.jpg

I got my irons, wedges, hybrid and putter today. Just waiting on the driver and my 3 and 5 Deep woods.

Coolest thing that I got? Weight kit for the MXM. It functions as a divot tool and the tool to swap weights.

tu3e6a4u.jpg

Back