Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bring you a couple sleeves of 2013 Q's this weekend.

Thanks bro, Ive tried the Q-stars already, wanna try the Z-star's as im certain outside of 1 or 2 ive found I havent hit them yet

Im about ready to give up on hybrids and go to a 5 wood.

Someone tell me I'm dumb after seeing too much spin & launch from almost every shaft I've tried in the AMP cell.

Ponder: Firm 7m3 black tie...I know that the stiff is too much for me. Am I crazy?

Someone tell me I'm dumb after seeing too much spin & launch from almost every shaft I've tried in the AMP cell.

Ponder: Firm 7m3 black tie...I know that the stiff is too much for me. Am I crazy?

I'd worry more about the head first Cookie.

I don't have much swing speed, and ended up seeing best numbers with my Amp Cell with the 'ahina in stiff, which is similar to the Black for me. I wouldn't have thought it would be a good match, but it works.

Someone tell me I'm dumb after seeing too much spin & launch from almost every shaft I've tried in the AMP cell. Am I crazy?

Sorry, I can't. That is why un I'm in a ZL Encore. Maybe a Pro model? (Shoulder shrug)

Boo. Not what I wanted to hear. Haha

Just have to think it could be the ideal shaft to bring down flight/spin.

Let's put it this way: IF I HAD to play this head, would this shaft be worth trying?

Boo. Not what I wanted to hear. Haha

Just have to think it could be the ideal shaft to bring down flight/spin.

Let's put it this way: IF I HAD to play this head, would this shaft be worth trying?

I guess, but it might feel like crap.

I suggest waiting and finding out what exactly is causing your issue first.

Good point and fair enough!

Thanks voice of reason. :)

I love hearing that.

You'll like the Red-Tie IMHO

Thanks bro, Ive tried the Q-stars already, wanna try the Z-star's as im certain outside of 1 or 2 ive found I havent hit them yet

Im about ready to give up on hybrids and go to a 5 wood.

Misread your post. I'll have some XV's with me.

You're dumb. And crazy.

You told me to.

Bio's will be different beasts.

Hawk is wise. That is by nature a mid spin head,

Not a black tie fan AT ALL.

Oddly enough, I liked that one second best today (first time I ever swung it).

I've never swung it, but there's a reason for that lol.

I just think it's easier to find a head that works for you and then go from there. Not a fan of drastic changes in shafts.

I just think it's easier to find a head that works for you and then go from there. Not a fan of drastic changes in shafts.

I'm a tinkerer in driver shafts by nature so I don't mind it. :alien:

Black Tie is just...there...to me, its a board that responds well to aggression for me and that makes me swing wildly.

I tried it twice, felt like rebar, I kindly returned it to its owner

I have one. It's too stiff for me. However, guess what? It helped reduce spin and bring the flight down. I know I'm not loading it properly (been on monitor once and I was 99-108) but I'm happy with it.

Last time I used the black tie it was in the RFE and it worked pretty well. While I do not make an over aggressive move at the ball I think it worked well because of the combo with the head, but also because I have a not so smooth quick transition.

I have one. It's too stiff for me. However, guess what? It helped reduce spin and bring the flight down. I know I'm not loading it properly (been on monitor once and I was 99-108) but I'm happy with it.

I think that's exactly what I saw too. It knocked down my spin and that was a good thing. Is it the best for me, probably not.

Last time I used the black tie it was in the RFE and it worked pretty well. While I do not make an over aggressive move at the ball I think it worked well because of the combo with the head, but also because I have a not so smooth quick transition.

That's my thoughts as well after I hit David's RFE at the MC in 2013.

That's my thoughts as well after I hit David's RFE at the MC in 2013.

How come you dont go get fit for a shaft or a driver?

Haha! Agree on the fun part. I was just curious Cookie.

Although I agree that I need to get fit, I do like toying with shafts to understand what works best for me via experience as it enhances my knowledge.

Now I have some nice shafts I can pay forward as they have been given to me through THP'ers great generosity!

When I got fitted at Club Champion I was getting high spin with my Cobra Amp Cell in the 4000's. They don't have Cobra gear there so couldn't tell what shaft might work best for me. First thing was my driver shaft was way to long. Ended up hitting the G25 the best.

Although I agree that I need to get fit, I do like toying with shafts to understand what works best for me via experience as it enhances my knowledge.

Now I have some nice shafts I can pay forward as they have been given to me through THP'ers great generosity!

I would agree about understanding what works for you. Interested in what shafts you have that I can try. I want to see if I can get better results from another shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back