The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still amazes me how small changes can make such a huge difference in your results. Keep it up dude.

Yep.

Yesterday was huge for me, alignment and getting weight back off my toes led to SO much improvement.

Best yet, its just the beginning.

First lesson was this past Sunday. I am working on the take away without a ball. as I don't have time to get to the range this week. Really not an issue with the drills I am doing. Hope to get to the range this coming Sunday to see how the drills are working. Next lesson is scheduled for the following Sunday. Short game work, here I come.

Working without a ball is great for what your doing, as I'm doing the same. I put a mark on my mat to simulate the ball.

Yep.

Yesterday was huge for me, alignment and getting weight back off my toes led to SO much improvement.

Best yet, its just the beginning.

Weight off your toes? Are you getting it more distributed to the inside of your back foot at address?

Weight off your toes? Are you getting it more distributed to the inside of your back foot at address?

I go to my toes at transition, forces me OTT no matter what I want to do. So the focus is getting the feel of staying on the balls of my feet weight/pressure wise through the swing. Becaus eof how long I've been getting forward the weight on my balls actually feels like its way back almost on my heels. Its ingraining a new feeling and understanding. Keep it balanced and I can get to the slot.

Shipped off an email to Freddie today and hoping he sees the improvements that I think I see. Excited to see what I'll be working on in the next couple weeks. I'm liking the idea of working on one thing at a time quite a bit. I can set little goals, and reaching them is keeping me motivated.

I want to work on getting my lower body in sync, because I'm dumping all my stored up power by diving at the ball.

Working without a ball is great for what your doing, as I'm doing the same. I put a mark on my mat to simulate the ball.

I'm really liking it. Let's me swing without feeling like I have to generate speed thru the swing. I only concentrate on club position.

I go to my toes at transition, forces me OTT no matter what I want to do. So the focus is getting the feel of staying on the balls of my feet weight/pressure wise through the swing. Becaus eof how long I've been getting forward the weight on my balls actually feels like its way back almost on my heels. Its ingraining a new feeling and understanding. Keep it balanced and I can get to the slot.

That makes total sense to me. So hard to make that new feeling feel normal.

I'm really liking it. Let's me swing without feeling like I have to generate speed thru the swing. I only concentrate on club position.

Agreed no ball means nothing to try and smash.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

First range session with my new set of mp54 irons.. Didn't work on much just trying to get some good contact. Was very happy with that buttery mizuno feel!

Tonight I worked on becoming more upright with my irons. In watching swings of pros, then mine, I noticed how close their hands were to their thighs when making contact. Not that I felt mine were way out there, and I am making better, more consistent contact. But, I figured if I am more upright and made a conscience effort to remain there (not dip) that would drop my hands a bit.

So far so good!
Pretty pleased with the way this expire net turned out!

CJ that is one of the things I'm working on as well and for me its very very weird feeling and feels very limiting.

Worked on finishing with my driver, and 3 wood. Also putted, and chiped.

CJ that is one of the things I'm working on as well and for me its very very weird feeling and feels very limiting.

It sure does, I emailed my pro asking him if it fit within our plans. And he said ABSOLUTELY try it, and thanked me for thinking of my swing and ways to improve it.

Impact bag drills, working on my sequencing of my downswing. Will probably putt tonight for awhile too.

I got to work on my grip a little before our round and man it hasn't felt this solid in a while. I still need to work on a better shoulder turn and I'll do that next. I love working on the game and swing.

Spent some more time on the range today trying to groove my swing change. I hit a few shots like I'm supposed to but I had a hard time hitting two good ones in a row. I tried to grind it out through a 2nd bucket of balls but in the end just chalked up the mediocre results as being one of those days. I'll get after it again tomorrow.

Spend 4 hours practicing yesterday. First two hours were on the range. Only hit two buckets. Mainly worked on releasing tention and starting with the lower body. Omg thid is a hard move to ingrain. I tend to lead with the shoulder causing an over the top move and tension in the arms. The results when I led with the lower body and freed the tension were great. Its going to take more time then I thought to get this down.. but ill get it.
Chipped for 30 minutes and putted for another 30. Chipping was pretty good. Im focusing on using a lower lofter club and run. Its a little different but yields better results. Even on mis hits the ball was closer. Just gotta restrain from gitting it too hard. Putting I only worked on stroke due to the seemore coming in later in the day.
Last hour I played 7 holes. Shot 2 over. Id say 60 percent of the time I swung proper, the rest I tried to muscle with the arms and shoulders again...

Leaving work shortly and will be heading to the range after I go pick a few things up

Aim for tonight is to see if I can replicate the success I had last week with the 3W, but also to hit the new Classic XL driver that was delivered on Monday - keep an eye out for a lightly used driver in the marketplace later....... :D

Leaving work shortly and will be heading to the range after I go pick a few things up

Aim for tonight is to see if I can replicate the success I had last week with the 3W, but also to hit the new Classic XL driver that was delivered on Monday - keep an eye out for a lightly used driver in the marketplace later....... :D

Hope it works out for you Doc!

Planning on going out to the heated driving range tonight and also talk to the head pro about taking lessons now.

Not a good range session tonight...the swing was not co-operating at all, hit a couple decent shots but when you are slicing an 8i you know it is a bad day

Will need to work out a few things for the driver but with the slice I had tonight it was better not to mess with it

Not a good range session tonight...the swing was not co-operating at all, hit a couple decent shots but when you are slicing an 8i you know it is a bad day

Will need to work out a few things for the driver but with the slice I had tonight it was better not to mess with it

Probably wise not to force it if the swings not co-operating. Hate days like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably wise not to force it if the swings not co-operating. Hate days like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better to have them on the range than on the course though

No practice tonight. I've hit it hard for six straight days and I think I just need a break. Felt like I was over thinking it slightly last night and had a so-so session. I did well putting though, and that raised the confidence level back up a bit. Back to work with the PW and MD2 52° tomorrow night. Full swings.

........but also to hit the new Classic XL driver that was delivered on Monday - keep an eye out for a lightly used driver in the marketplace later....... :D

Mine is already on Gumtree.....:bashful:

Don't know if its the shaft or the head but I keep hitting it off the toe. I just seam to hit low sliders with it... :confused2:

Back to the old faithful Amp Cell that I just seam to bomb...

Asked about lessons tonight, and looks like they are charging $30 for half an hour plus you have buy your balls at the range. I would think the balls would be included in the lessons but guess not. Anyone else have to buy range balls during your lesson?

Asked about lessons tonight, and looks like they are charging $30 for half an hour plus you have buy your balls at the range. I would think the balls would be included in the lessons but guess not. Anyone else have to buy range balls during your lesson?
No, they have always been included, as are a small number before the lesson starts to get warmed up...and come to think of it, I've never paid a greens fee for a playing lesson either. I would be peeved it if they charged me for balls.

No, they have always been included, as are a small number before the lesson starts to get warmed up...and come to think of it, I've never paid a greens fee for a playing lesson either. I would be peeved it if they charged me for balls.

That's what I was thinking. Guess I'll really find out when I go in for my first lesson.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back