Callaway X2 Hot Driver Preview

I can't tell from the pics, but from the picture of the sole the head looks decently short from front to back. However, the picture of the crown from the top makes it look very long from front to rear. Almost like a G25. Can anybody comment on which it is?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Looks sweet! I'm starting to burn up thinking about hitting one of these!

Turner

From the pictures, I think I like the look better than the XHot. I like the dual adjustability, that could be neat to tinker with.

I really need to get to the golf store and hit up some of this new Callaway goodness :D

The local shop cheated. They had these out at the beginning of the week. :banana:

The local shop cheated. They had these out at the beginning of the week. :banana:

This sadly doesn't surprise me at all. Stores are always jumping the gun on this stuff, just like online store breaking embargo dates and posting pictures and info days before the embargo date is lifted.

Did you get a chance to hit it? If so, what did you think?

I'm looking forward to hitting the new drivers to see how their compare with their original design. I think it's pretty smart for Callaway to ride the wave after their commitment to the XHot line in '13.

This sadly doesn't surprise me at all. Stores are always jumping the gun on this stuff, just like online store breaking embargo dates and posting pictures and info days before the embargo date is lifted.

Did you get a chance to hit it? If so, what did you think?

I didn't, unfortunately. It's our big used place, and they don't have a hitting bay. But I'll reuse the sentiment that if it's half as great as the XHot, I'll pay the $329 for it!

I got a chance to hit this at a demo day recently, and it was very promising. Was very forgiving in my opinion. If you don't want the adjustable weights in the big bertha, this is a great option.

I got a chance to hit this at a demo day recently, and it was very promising. Was very forgiving in my opinion. If you don't want the adjustable weights in the big bertha, this is a great option.

Nice dude. I loved the XHot and am hoping this is as good. I really think I'm gonna end up with this or the standard Bertha at #TheKing.

Thanks for the feedback. It's great to start hearing early feedback, good or bad, it's just good to hear the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. It's great to start hearing early feedback, good or bad, it's just good to hear the feedback.

Plan on hitting all things X2Hot tonight. Cant wait!

Nice dude. I loved the XHot and am hoping this is as good. I really think I'm gonna end up with this or the standard Bertha at #TheKing.

When I demoed the club, I was hitting a lot high off the face near the heel, and it was still getting pretty good distance and launch. I was hitting off of rubber tees, so I couldn't get the ball any lower, which I'm sure contributed a bit.

They have arrived
zahu3epe.jpg

I hit this tonight for a bit. I was a little underwhelmed to be honest. It felt, looked, and performed exactly like the XHot I used last year. Not necessarily a bad thing because I really enjoyed the XHot but was looking for a little more of something.

I hit this tonight for a bit. I was a little underwhelmed to be honest. It felt, looked, and performed exactly like the XHot I used last year. Not necessarily a bad thing because I really enjoyed the XHot but was looking for a little more of something.

Were you getting the same type of numbers as you were with the xhot? How did you feel it performed on off center hits compared to the xhot?

Were you getting the same type of numbers as you were with the xhot? How did you feel it performed on off center hits compared to the xhot?

Honestly, it felt exactly the same and performed exactly the same. Same distance. Same ball flight. I literally checked at one point to make sure I didn't accidentally grab the XHot. Like I said, not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I was expecting. Just like XHot it was very forgiving off the toe and the heal. I am not giving up on it until I hit the BB.

Honestly, it felt exactly the same and performed exactly the same. Same distance. Same ball flight. I literally checked at one point to make sure I didn't accidentally grab the XHot. Like I said, not necessarily a bad thing, just not what I was expecting. Just like XHot it was very forgiving off the toe and the heal. I am not giving up on it until I hit the BB.

I wasn't a huge fan of the xhot and how it felt last year. Still gonna hit it, but what you are saying is kinda what I expected.

I am headed to Golf Galaxy to hit this bad boy tomorrow. Heard great things so far!!!

I wasn't a huge fan of the xhot and how it felt last year. Still gonna hit it, but what you are saying is kinda what I expected.

I started off liking it but never bonded well with the original. I know it's a great in the right hands because DawgDaddy wears the middle out with his original X-Hot. :thumb: I'm too busy drooling over the Big Bertha and I hope to give this model a chance.

Back