It's normal. Both my girls right now only wAnt mom & at bedtime she can only tuck them in. They literally cry of I try & it breaks my heart. I just keep cleaning, cooking & laundry so my wife doesn't have to worry about it.

It feels horrible and you start questioning if you are a good enough dad, but I started reading and they will come around. So much do that the term "daddy's little girl" will have meaning. I'm here if you need to chat or vent.

I know it will change but it just so damn hard. She wants nothing to do with me ever. I just keep trying with a smile on my face.

So my youngest, just over 3 1/2, had to get glasses. Both my wife and I wore them growing up, until we both got Zasik done. ANYWAY...$220 later....

I know it will change but it just so damn hard. She wants nothing to do with me ever. I just keep trying with a smile on my face.

It's a cycle. Be yourself, do you're own thing and just be there. Don't try to hard. That will make it worse. It will change, but stinks in the meantime.

It's a cycle. Be yourself, do you're own thing and just be there. Don't try to hard. That will make it worse. It will change, but stinks in the meantime.

I know man. I am not changing anything I do. Just sucks that I just want to give her a hug or tickle her and play and laugh and she wants nothing to do with me. No one tells you these things when they tell you the joys of parenting.

So my daughter wants nothing to do with me. The more I try the more she rejects me and wants my wife. I literally want to cry every night. I know it's a phase and it will pass and it's important to keep trying but it doesn't make it sting any less.

My daughter literally wanted nothing to do with me at least the entire first year of her life. Literally. Nothing. It hurt. But now we're tight and its all good. This too shall pass buddy. Hang in there.

Dev,

It comes and goes. Right now, I think all 3 want me! So my wife is a little ticked. But usually one will see that I'm in demand and venture over to mom for attention. Next week it will probably change over to her.

Try and play with her. If she doesn't want to engage wit you right off the bat, take some toys of hers and just start playing with them on the ground and "act" like you are having the time of your life. She'll either get upset and try and take the toys from you or will sit down and start to play. You hope for the sit down. If not, let her take the toys and move on to another set of toys. If she takes those, keep asking if she has a toy that you can play with. Act excited if and when she gives you one to play with. If it looks like you are having fun with one of her toys then hopes are she realizes that and wants to have that same fun.

Keep trying to engage her in one of her activities. Once you get her to do that the hard part is over. She will probably snap out of it and head back to mom but keep trying to get her to do something that she thinks is fun. It will happen.

Thanks Nate. I have been doing that and I won't stop I know it's just a phase and I am doing good all the things that you are supposed to but I am sure if you know. The constant rejection can get to you at some point. Picking her up from school and her literally not wanting to come near me was the tipping point.

Thanks Nate. I have been doing that and I won't stop I know it's just a phase and I am doing good all the things that you are supposed to but I am sure if you know. The constant rejection can get to you at some point. Picking her up from school and her literally not wanting to come near me was the tipping point.

Yea, not fun, that trip really did a number on her! Keep the head up and just pretend it's a game. You will win!

Yea, not fun, that trip really did a number on her! Keep the head up and just pretend it's a game. You will win!

It wasn't the trip she has been like this work weeks and maybe even a month or two. I just keep pushing ahead but just got worn out today. I needed a break from it so my wife is playing with her right now. I will do my best and try to get her ready for bed and put her to sleep like I do every night.

It wasn't the trip she has been like this work weeks and maybe even a month or two. I just keep pushing ahead but just got worn out today. I needed a break from it so my wife is playing with her right now. I will do my best and try to get her ready for bed and put her to sleep like I do every night.

Ice cream and candy make good bribe friends too. Ha! Hang in!

So my daughter wants nothing to do with me. The more I try the more she rejects me and wants my wife. I literally want to cry every night. I know it's a phase and it will pass and it's important to keep trying but it doesn't make it sting any less.

Dev it's nothing to take personal. Kids are like that. My boy prefers my wife 9 out of 10 times. My daughter always hangs with me.

Don't worry bro, she will love til the day you die. Just a phase, I'll come up and drop my kids if you need attention

Stick with it, Dev. My daughter from ages 2-4 treated me like I was some random stranger who lived in her house. Now that she turns 13 in a few weeks (when did THAT happen???), she still wants me to tuck her in at night and lays her head on my shoulder all the time if we're on the couch together.

It sucks some times, and I feel your pain. But it does get better, man. I promise you.

Over the winter break we had an art student do mural paintings in our boys bedroom. She did a fantastic job. If you're familiar with Goodnight Goodnight Construction Site this will make sense.

7uqydytu.jpg

eda5ude9.jpg

Dev,

My daughter (2 yo) has been that way too. How is she when you're the only one around? She's great with me when I'm her only option but the minute Mom gets home it's see ya Dad.

Dev,

My daughter (2 yo) has been that way too. How is she when you're the only one around? She's great with me when I'm her only option but the minute Mom gets home it's see ya Dad.

She is okay with me but she just keeps saying mama waiting for her to come home.

Hey Guys, hang in there. It's tough but your kids will move these kind of phases pretty quickly. Let it run it's course. However, don't let them cross the line of disrespecting you in any way. From my years of parenting (my daughters are 20, 19, 17) you can't let your kids cross the line of disrespect or back talk at all. That's when they start to think they run the house and that opens the doors to a lot of problems.

But as far as this phase - don't worry about it. Also, it's very likely that at some point (probably the teen years), they'll want to spend a lot more time with you and a lot less time with your wife. Kids go through all kind of emotional cycles as they grow. Just be patient and ride it out and they'll be fine.

First family movie night at the theatre and we saw the Disney movie Frozen. The kids (4 & 2) behaved great and the movie was entertaining and humorous. My daughter and I shared a bag of popcorn and a pink lemonade with two straws (her request lol). Just an awesome night and can't wait to do it again!

She came around a bit tonight. She actually wanted me. I gave her a bath like I always do and after she was ready for bed we played a bit and she gave me a big hug. Literally had tears in my eyes. Man, kids turn a grown man into a little girl really quickly... Hahaha

She came around a bit tonight. She actually wanted me. I gave her a bath like I always do and after she was ready for bed we played a bit and she gave me a big hug. Literally had tears in my eyes. Man, kids turn a grown man into a little girl really quickly... Hahaha
Boom! Love it bro!

So I'm up for the 3rd time in six hours with my 5 month old. Gotta love babies. He usually sleeps great but the last two nights have been awful! Lol..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the youngest one finally has her first tooth. Yay! It's hard to get a picture of her right now though. Can't keep her still.

My son was apparently very busy at home on his day off today. When I came home from work, I found this waiting for me on the table -

upezarag.jpg

My wife said he had been working on it all day!

EDIT: If you can't tell in the pic, that's the Death Star up top with a giant scene of Snow Speeders vs. Imperial Walkers from The Empire Strikes Back. He's a bit of a Star Wars fan :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Back