2014 Cleveland Golf - Demo Day

Not sure where to ask this, but just noticed on TGW that they reduced the price of the TTs, MTs, and Altitudes. The CBs and MBs are still full price. Can an update to these discounted irons be coming?

Interesting. My guess is no BUT maybe they aren't finished with production...

Judging by the CG1's that are still in play in some Tour bags, the CB/MB's could be around awhile. They don't refresh that line as often it seems.

Nothing coming this spring to replace the current GI irons.

Judging by the CG1's that are still in play in some Tour bags, the CB/MB's could be around awhile. They don't refresh that line as often it seems.

Nothing coming this spring to replace the current GI irons.

My guess is that what is out now is what will be out this spring/summer

Yep you got it. Cleveland is a little different though in that they almost always do a limited fall release. How that affects us remains to be seen, but I imagine something will be coming shortly after the MC.

Yep you got it. Cleveland is a little different though in that they almost always do a limited fall release. How that affects us remains to be seen, but I imagine something will be coming shortly after the MC.

Really interesting point. My only question would be timing.

Yessir. My guess is I'll go TT irons. I've enjoyed them quite a bit.

You have no idea how torn I am. I have never really played anything but blades. I love the way they set up, feel, and look. BUT, I know this golf season is going to be alittle different for me. I will still be playing - though not quite as much, but my time on the range will be severely shortened. This is leading me down the path of a mixed bag.... I love love love the looks of the CB/MB and I have no doubt I could game them. BUT Freddie's thread the other day really got me thinking. Is my bag really set up for success? I have had some pretty good success to this point but how much could I have with a touch more forgiveness?

If I was a Cleveland staffer, I could see myself going with the TT PW-5i & either the MT or Altitude 4i.

The CB's are very nice looking and will offer some help off-center. Not really comparable to the bigger irons the farther you get from the center, but there's a decent size cavity there for people that have smaller misses than I do at the moment.

If possible, the two set ups I am pondering BIG time are. MT 5 iron, TT 6 iron CB 7 and 8 and MB 9 and PW. If not, I am really considering going Altitude 5, MT 6, TT, 7-DW. I also have my stock 4,5-PW of cb/mb combo racing through my mind. This demo day didn't help me at all haha

If I was a Cleveland staffer, I could see myself going with the TT PW-5i & either the MT or Altitude 4i.

After playing them all, I'd probably just stick with the TT and then go right to a hybrid. Maybe even two. Tons and tons of options though and they are all interchangeable, which is very helpful.

If possible, the two set ups I am pondering BIG time are. MT 5 iron, TT 6 iron CB 7 and 8 and MB 9 and PW. If not, I am really considering going Altitude 5, MT 6, TT, 7-DW. I also have my stock 4,5-PW of cb/mb combo racing through my mind. This demo day didn't help me at all haha

I think you'll really have to do some bending and twisting to get the MT/TT's to mix in with the CB's/MB's. They are sort of in different realms. You see quite a few guys on Tour playing their normal iron (CB or MB) and then just gaming a MT or TT. They may have a 4 MT in place of what would normally be their 3 iron for example.

After playing them all, I'd probably just stick with the TT and then go right to a hybrid. Maybe even two. Tons and tons of options though and they are all interchangeable, which is very helpful.

and then there's this. The pics of the hybids look amazing as does the feedback from Jman. Maybe I go 2 hybos 20.5 and 23 then right into 5-DW of the TT's.

I think you'll really have to do some bending and twisting to get the MT/TT's to mix in with the CB's/MB's. They are sort of in different realms. You see quite a few guys on Tour playing their normal iron (CB or MB) and then just gaming a MT or TT. They may have a 4 MT in place of what would normally be their 3 iron for example.

Done and done haha I already played that game. Check this out.
MT 5 at 24*
TT 6 at 28*
CB 7 at 33*
CB 8 at 37*
MB 9 at 42*
MB PW at 46*

All bent within two degrees of the limit.

LOL. You are funny dude.

Just my opinion, but I think you'll be happier with the CB's. Never know until you try though.

LOL. You are funny dude.

Just my opinion, but I think you'll be happier with the CB's. Never know until you try though.

Appreciate it. I need to get to golfsmith and spend an hour just murdering irons.

Good gosh Tim, are you trying to have at least 1 club per line? LOL! I don't think you are going to know till you hit them. You may hit one of the lines and want the whole set! Great outside the box thinking though! Will be interesting to see what you do settle for.

Good gosh Tim, are you trying to have at least 1 club per line? LOL! I don't think you are going to know till you hit them. You may hit one of the lines and want the whole set! Great outside the box thinking though! Will be interesting to see what you do settle for.

hahhaha that actually was part of my plan. I wanted to see how I could set up a bag with as many showcased as possible.

on paper I would do something similar, but I just didnt fall in love with the TT's

hahhaha that actually was part of my plan. I wanted to see how I could set up a bag with as many showcased as possible.

This actually brings in a good question, does someone doing that actually counter the attempt of the showcase and bring in more questions to others possibly interesting in buying a set to ask, "So why wasn't one set good enough for them?"

on paper I would do something similar, but I just didnt fall in love with the TT's
The TTs set up a lot like my '11 TP Cbs, so there's a comfort factor. But I've only hit the TTs at Golfsmith.

The TTs set up a lot like my '11 TP Cbs, so there's a comfort factor. But I've only hit the TTs at Golfsmith.

yeah I had them for a few months last year with some of my favorite shafts on earth....just didnt do anything for me

This actually brings in a good question, does someone doing that actually counter the attempt of the showcase and bring in more questions to others possibly interesting in buying a set to ask, "So why wasn't one set good enough for them?"

Yup. Or why didn't one set offer ALL that they wanted. I guess that was my point. A ton of pros are kind of going this route, and they are a heck of alot better than we are. Why shouldn't I have ultimate forgiveness at the top and then precision at the bottom? I think about this stuff way too much.

I was traveling on the 21st and missed these pictures somehow, fantastic job guys, there is a little drool on my laptop right now.

Back