Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that he came back to the NL Central Big Time...

I agree, the Brewers just got better, I don't think they will contend this year, but the dude can pitch

Garza to Brewers - 4 years $52M

Pretty good steal for the Brewers.

dang, I was hoping the Tribe would snag him

I hate that he came back to the NL Central Big Time...

I agree, the Brewers just got better, I don't think they will contend this year, but the dude can pitch

Pretty good price for a solid #2. Guess his time with the Rangers decreased that value a bit.

Braves signing old man Freddy Garcia

they have done really nothing this offseason...

like my indians

Who signed Aardsma, who was awesome 4 YEARS AGO

I also think their 22 year run of no arbitration hearings comes to an end since they are $3mil+ a part with Masterson

they have done really nothing this offseason...

What do you mean? They just signed Freddie Garcia!

Now all we have to do is get a time machine and send us back 10 years, and it will be an awesome signing.

It's just painful to watch the Braves operate these days.

like my indians

Who signed Aardsma, who was awesome 4 YEARS AGO

I also think their 22 year run of no arbitration hearings comes to an end since they are $3mil+ a part with Masterson

That is a helluva streak. My guess is the arbiter sides with Masterson. I feel like pitchers always get their $$ in arbitration.

I am just ready for some baseball..

I am just ready for some baseball..
QFT. Unfortunately we're still the better part of a three weeks away from pitchers and catchers reporting and over a month away from the first spring training games. The time between the Super Bowl (and I'm not really even an NFL fan) and those dates are my least favorite time of the year.

What do you mean? They just signed Freddie Garcia!

Now all we have to do is get a time machine and send us back 10 years, and it will be an awesome signing.

It's just painful to watch the Braves operate these days.

Fear not - remember you are in the NL East; and my Natty boys (who for 3/4 of 2013 season were last in most offensive categories) just spent the offseason bulking up on pitching, not bats???

Hate to see the Rays signing of Balfour. Sox couldn't touch the dude when he was there before in set - up role.

Although I think the D'Backs gave up too much for Mark Trumbo, they definitely needed some lineup protection for Paul Goldschmidt. Now they need to find one more decent starter for the rotation.

St Louis got an A. Honestly not surprised by that one bit. We have had one of our best offseasons in awhile IMO
Not surprised at all at the Cards' "A" . Not many moves but real quality ones. They should really rock that NL Central.
Kinda shocked that my Nats got the "A+" - since I still worry about their offense; gotta love their pitching depth though.
Amazed to see articles in paper talking about them going after another closer/set-up guy - 1st balfour, now Rodney - when we already have 3 !! Soriano, Clippard, storen

Alright it is time for my predictions. Me and about 10 buddies do this every year so I figure I will post my thoughts here.

AL West:
Oakland A's
Texas Rangers
LAA Angels
Seattle Mariners
Houston Astros

AL Central:
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Cleveland Indians
Minnesota Twins
Chicago White Sox

AL East:
Boston Red Sox
Tampa Bay Rays
New York Yankees
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles

NL West:
LA Dodgers
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Rockies

NL Central:
St Louis Cardinals
Pittsburg Pirates
Milwaukee Brewers
Cincinnati Reds
Chicago Cubs

NL East:
Washington Nationals
Atlanta Braves
New York Mets
Philadelphia Phillies
Miami Marlins

AL Playoffs: A's, Tigers, Red Sox, Rays, Rangers
NL Playoffs: Nationals, Cardinals, Dodgers, Padres, Pirates
World Series: Cardinals vs. A's
World Series Champ: Cardinals

Last Place Team with Best Record:Colorado Rockies

NL CY Young: Steven Strasburg
NL ROY: Kolten Wong
NL MVP: Andrew McCutchen

AL CY Young: Yu Darvish
AL ROY: Xander Bogarts
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera

Last edited:
Alright it is time for my predictions. Me and about 10 buddies do this every year so I figure I will post my thoughts here.

AL West:
Oakland A's
Texas Rangers
LAA Angels
Seattle Mariners
Houston Astros

AL Central:
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Cleveland Indians
Minnesota Twins
Chicago White Sox

AL East:
Boston Red Sox
Tampa Bay Rays
New York Yankees
Toronto Blue Jays
Baltimore Orioles

NL West:
LA Dodgers
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Rockies

NL Central:
St Louis Cardinals
Pittsburg Pirates
Milwaukee Brewers
Cincinnati Reds
Chicago Cubs

NL East:
Washington Nationals
Atlanta Braves
New York Mets
Philadelphia Phillies
Miami Marlins

AL Playoffs: A's, Tigers, Red Sox, Rays, Rangers
NL Playoffs: Nationals, Cardinals, Dodgers, Padres, Pirates
World Series: Cardinals vs. Tigers
World Series Champ: Cardinals

Last Place Team with Best Record:Colorado Rockies

NL CY Young: Steven Strasburg
NL ROY: Kolten Wong
NL MVP: Andrew McCutchen

AL CY Young: Yu Darvish
AL ROY: Xander Bogarts
AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera

I was good with everything down to and after your World Series and World Series Champ predictions. I have to go with Red Sox - Dodgers in the W.S. and naturally I will pick the Sox to win it all.

Garza to brewers

Dang TH give tribe some love lol

And fwiw I think tigers are worse than last year and can't knock out Boston or yanks

I need to give it some thought before making all the picks, but generally I'm way down on the Tigers and pretty high on the Nats.

another awful hitter signed by the Indians

The Indians have signed infielder Elliot Johnson to a minor league deal with an invitation to Spring Training, according to Jordan Bastian of MLB.com (Twitter link). Chris Cotillo of MLB Daily Dish first connected the Indians to the ACES client yesterday (also on Twitter).
Johnson, 29, was acquired by the Royals as a player to be named later in the blockbuster James Shields-for-Wil Myers trade last offseason. He batted just .179/.218/.241 in 173 plate appearances with Kansas City before finding himself designated for assignment and claimed off waivers by the Braves.

Garza to brewers

Dang TH give tribe some love lol

And fwiw I think tigers are worse than last year and can't knock out Boston or yanks

Ya I am not sold on the Tigers pick yet, but it is hard for me to give them love dude. I think the Royals got a lot better and I don't think the Indians have done anything.

And BOOM after some thinking I decided to go out on a limb and pick The A's... I am not sure why other than I kinda wanted to be different.

I am sure a ton of guys will pick Red Sox and Dodgers

Ya I am not sold on the Tigers pick yet, but it is hard for me to give them love dude. I think the Royals got a lot better and I don't think the Indians have done anything.

I know the Indians havent done anything but you dont need to acknowledge that lol

I swear I think Ubaldo comes back to Cle on the 1 year deal, Im not hearing him close anywhere, and now that Garza didnt get "a ton", I dont think he will see the money he wants, especially since it will cost a team their first round pick.

Did I hear right that George Brett is not returning as the Royals hitting coach? That's one of those under the radar changes that could actually hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back