7 Straight Bogeys or Worse

Im not speaking about total score, without a doubt many have done and will do worse. Just genuinely curious about the 7 in a row on the scorecard.
i just glanced at some of the high scores last week, found 5 in a row and while looking realized 7 in a row is impressive (in a bad way) guys mix in a par or even a birdie during bad streaks, for instance Rnd 3 Michael Block shot 86 in a 9 hole stretch went Bogey, Bogey, Double, BIRDIE, Bogey, double, double, bogey, bogey.

Uh what about that dude in the Web.com event in '13 that shot 100 something...i can't recall the event, but didn't he pretty much bogey or worse every hole.

That is where I was looking and in my glance I did not see any 7 hole stretches by a professional. Im sure I am missing one, but could not believe it when I saw it.

I would venture a guess that most just get it all out of the way in a couple holes opposed to the repeated kicks below the belt every hole. That or they make a few bogeys, make a birdie, then make a double or worse and keep the tradition alive. I keep seeing that on a few scorecards and it completely ruins the entire thing.

Uh what about that dude in the Web.com event in '13 that shot 100 something...i can't recall the event, but didn't he pretty much bogey or worse every hole.

Im wrong in this thinking, but I didnt really consider that part of the "major tour" side of things. I should, and normally do, but for some reason web.com walked right by me.

Michael Block shot 86 in a 9 hole stretch went Bogey, Bogey, Double, BIRDIE, Bogey, double, double, bogey, bogey.

I wonder if he was playing El Campeon!

I almost guarantee that Ian Baker Finch did this at some point in his career. He had trouble breaking 80 towards the end.

Ty Tryon to the rescue. 2011 US Open at Congressional, started on 1. Hole 9-14 he made bogey, doubled 15, then bogeyed 16-17. That's the leader so far at 9.

Spoke to soon. Bubba Dickerson wanted to play that game too and bogeyed 10,12-18. Doubled 11.

Edit: US Open's are your best bet as you can see. If we want a bad major winner having the wheels fall off, YE Yang +12 in a 7 hole bogey or worse stretch. This is turning into a sick game I can't stop playing.

Is it bad that I knew Mward would "rescue" Tiger? I kid I kid.
Thanks for the stats buddy. Much appreciated.

Kind of crazy to think how rare this one is and was done by the greatest ever.

That seems to be so poor it's hard to do. Dug around, and even a guy named Pavel Japol who shot 109 on the Euro Challenge Tour (Web.com equiv, it says) only went 6 holes without a par or better. 7 if he started on 10.

Ty Tryon to the rescue. 2011 US Open at Congressional, started on 1. Hole 9-14 he made bogey, doubled 15, then bogeyed 16-17. That's the leader so far at 9.

Spoke to soon. Bubba Dickerson wanted to play that game too and bogeyed 10,12-18. Doubled 11.
i would guess the US Open would be the place for this to happen

Is it bad that I knew Mward would "rescue" Tiger? I kid I kid.
Thanks for the stats buddy. Much appreciated.

Kind of crazy to think how rare this one is and was done by the greatest ever.

I even found the redeeming round with YE Yang doing it. Awkward a bit. It just kinda shows these guys either gently beat themselves out of it, or train crash like a champion. I'd be curious to find the streaks of your big named players and their oops moments.

It really was quite bizarre to watch. Chunking easy chip shots and all. There was just this "in shock" uncomfortable silence permeating his gallery.

I'll bet Duval ahs had some pearls on the course for many holes in a row.

Is it sad that this makes me feel better about my game. I looked through my last few scorcards and even I rarely go 7 in a row without sneaking a par in there somewhere.

I'm not surprised Merion is the place where it was common. Downhill chips onto fast greens, punishingly tight fairways, obnoxiously strong bunkers. Add in the pressure and pace of a Major tournament and you have the makings of a disaster.

I think part of it isn't so much that Tiger did this, or that anyone did it, but it happened at a course that Tiger ordinarily plays very well at.

I'll bet Duval ahs had some pearls on the course for many holes in a row.

I thought that too but he usually just has a blowup hole and then back on the par train. It's almost a skill to not be able to make a par or birdie to kill the streak.

Also, the US Open seems to be winning because they're good about showing scorecards opposed to just MC.

Im wrong in this thinking, but I didnt really consider that part of the "major tour" side of things. I should, and normally do, but for some reason web.com walked right by me.

Yeah I didn't really figure it fell into the major tour side, but was just thinking of higher level professional event. Minor and mini tours excluded. Because I don't think of the Web.com as a mini tour anymore, I do feel that its stature though is raising.

It certainly was eye catching to see Tiger do it at Torrey Pines. He freakin' owns the place and suddenly can't make a par? No offense to Ty Tryon and the other guy who made 9 in a row but those guys aren't exactly household names. For Tiger to do this in what should be his "prime" speaks to something deeper going on between his ears. He was 2 under through 8 holes in the 3rd round, sitting in the fairway after a 300 yard drive and finds the water on his approach. Pretty much fell apart after that.

I want to go and research this but that is a very eye-opening stat. It is very rare for me to shoot 7 straight bogeys or worse and I'm no Tiger Woods. I think what makes it even more surprising is the course that he did it on.

Why do I get the feeling that Mward spent far too long researching this, and when he found out someone beat the 7 straight holes that Tiger bogeyed or worsed, he gave a little "i heart tiger" fist pump?

Why do I get the feeling that Mward spent far too long researching this, and when he found out someone beat the 7 straight holes that Tiger bogeyed or worsed, he gave a little "i heart tiger" fist pump?

If you consider the US Open site a bit of research, then yeah I guess I'm guilty. I didn't fist pump though, it was more of a, "hot damn, I'm pretty sure that's the worst 9 I've ever seen"

If you consider the US Open site a bit of research, then yeah I guess I'm guilty. I didn't fist pump though, it was more of a, "hot damn, I'm pretty sure that's the worst 9 I've ever seen"

You've never seen one of my scorecards, hahaa.

I can hit 7 straight bogeys in my sleep, that's nothing. Get back to me when he shoots in the mid 90s, now that's a great feat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get well soon, TW.

Back