You stole my line! Lol. You've done a really good job with those and have really given them a new lease on life.

Thanks guys they could use all the life they could get, for the time being they are still my gamers

Those recessed backs with ground finish are a pain, I've done the back of my putter maybe 6 or 7 times and still can't get it neat as a I want.

Decided to do the wedges cos I was bored, result is ok but not great. Any blue you see outside the lives is just a reflection from the blue tee shirt I had on.

Last edited:
I went nuts with paintfilling last year.. what a blast that was, but now, all my putters are nice and sky blue, just hanging out, never to be changed!

Are you guys still messing with your gear? What colour is big for you in '14?

Are you guys still messing with your gear? What colour is big for you in '14?

A - constantly
B - it was going to be blue (did white but dind't like it in the bag) but then I saw cleveland have some very smart black/red bags coming, so totally on the fence between blue/red!

I eventually found a blue I like, switched from enamel to acrylic and just finalising the best approach for that.

Wedges are the testbed and must have been through 6 or 7 schemes so far! I'm addicted.

A - constantly
B - it was going to be blue (did white but dind't like it in the bag) but then I saw cleveland have some very smart black/red bags coming, so totally on the fence between blue/red!

I eventually found a blue I like, switched from enamel to acrylic and just finalising the best approach for that.

Wedges are the testbed and must have been through 6 or 7 schemes so far! I'm addicted.

It's tough to get away from it eh? I love that about paint filling... Instant adjustments if you don't like it.

I've yet to adjust my latest putter acquisition to my stock blue, but may wait a bit on that one.

I really want to strip mine back down, but the lime green/light blue combo really suits me. I'm due for some new grips, so I will likely make my paint decisions depending on which grips I buy as I have light blue 3-gens on the irons now.

Here's the current experiments.....

2014-01-27%20fills.jpg

Not going with yellow primary but probably the blue (for now).

@saffaclint - this is a clear acrylic that cleans up much better than the transparent enamel we had a chat about PM, might be worth looking out for.
Looks great on, I've done about 3 coats with at least an hour on the radiator in between. Will be trying a couple of different topcoats to seal.

2014-01-27%20tamiya.jpg

Awesome mate, why do you need a top coat/sealer? Is it only needed with acrylic? I checked my irons the other day and the finish is still like the day I put it on so won't be changing it for now but will keep this paint in mind. Like I said when I did mine, the biggest problem was when it came time to wipe away the excess. I found the acetone ate into the paint even though I was using it sparingly and turned a once smooth gloss finish into a crinkled mess. I bought some hypodermic needles for filling the "big" letters etc but didn't need that for the smaller ones if that makes sense.

I need to fix the fill on a SeeMore. I've never done this before. There are 170+ pages in this thread and I guess I need to start reading up...

I was chatting to the guy in the model shop and he was saying enamel was stronger but a varnish would help with the durability of the acrylic so I've got a couple to try.

I need to fix the fill on a SeeMore. I've never done this before. There are 170+ pages in this thread and I guess I need to start reading up...

T4K if you need help send me a PM, it's easier then you think!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T4K if you need help send me a PM, it's easier then you think!!

If I could manage to do it then anybody can do it, lol. Take BIgCountryStein's offer up and PM him, it'll save you a ton of time reading up on it. That said it is cool to see some of the results that members have had.

Coat #1. Hoping it cleans up well tomorrow.

Coat #1. Hoping it cleans up well tomorrow.

I love that colour dude, it should look sweet when you clean it up!

Fill and regrip complete.
Bfa6IL1CYAA8hCR.jpg

Bfa3ZHACQAAG9Af.jpg

BfadSAKCQAEV2mv.jpg

Looks good with the green paint and grips. Why did you go green.

Looks good with the green paint and grips. Why did you go green.

I wanted to go with grey on the grips, but when I was ordering from GolfWorks on the buy 6 get 6 free, the grey were not available. Green was the second choice. Loved the look of the other grips, but figured that the green grips would show less dirt. Had the Green Testors paint from some previous stuff I was doing, so I figured why not!

Looks great, just as I thought. Nice wrenches dude

I've posted pictures of my irons before, but I changed the colour from a metallic blue to a clear blue today and while they look similar the Tamiya paint is far nicer to work with and produces a great finish. I use a gel paint stripper to get the old paint out and then use a syringe with a cut hypodermic needle to fill in the words. I wouldn't use this technique for the small lines etc but for gaps as big as the COBRA name a needle and syringe work great. The best part is there next to no overflow to clean after and the finish is silky smooth and looks better than clubs that come out of a factory do. This club will sit for about 18 hours until the paint is nice and dry then I'll use some nail polish remover to gently remove the tiny bit of excess paint that'll sharpen up the edges etc. It's more difficult using this technique but I prefer the result.

Last edited:
This thread has inspired me. I think I might go pink this weekend...

I've posted pictures of my irons before, but I changed the colour from a metallic blue to a clear blue today and while they look similar the Tamiya paint is far nicer to work with and produces a great finish. I use a gel paint stripper to get the old paint out and then use a syringe with a cut hypodermic needle to fill in the words. I wouldn't use this technique for the small lines etc but for gaps as big as the COBRA name a needle and syringe work great. The best part is there next to no overflow to clean after and the finish is silky smooth and looks better than clubs that come out of a factory do. This club will sit for about 18 hours until the paint is nice and dry then I'll use some nail polish remover to gently remove the tiny bit of excess paint that'll sharpen up the edges etc. It's more difficult using this technique but I prefer the result.

These came out great dude. I gotta stop being lazy and get back on my paint fill game!

This thread has inspired me. I think I might go pink this weekend...

I think I'm going to start redoing some of my paint fill and go pink. Might grab some pink pure grips to match too!

I hope you guys share your creations. I have been itching to do some paint filling just don't know what to fill right now!

Last winter I was addicted to it. I did 3 of my 5 SeeMore's and my Vokey's. My Vokey's came out so good I don't want to redo them, but I really do need to jump back into it, it's a lot of fun to see them come out good after spending sometime on them.

Back