#TheKing w/ Callaway Golf - Final Rosters

JB is there a hard and fast date you need our choices by? I'd really like to swing by the golf shop today or tomorrow and at least get a cursory "fitting" so as to have some semi accurate spin/launch numbers to compare to the guys from the Grandaddy (even though the shop doesn't have a BB demo club yet)

You would have to check with GG, but i would say by week's end.

Man, 4 drivers to choose from. That's a hell of a ponder to figure out. This would also be a good time to put ego aside and figure out what your game needs, not what your eyes want.

Thanks, I may get some numbers with my current driver and feed off the forum for advice knowing I have a few days.

I am pumped to hear things are rolling along!

Ok, so I've got a little time then. Thanks JB, will check with GG to be sure though.

To everybody: from what I've read in the Grandaddy thread, the consensus is that the X2H is a higher spinning head than the BB, and the BBA is the lowest spinning of all. I play an R11S right now, which to my knowledge is a fairly low spinning head, correct? I've also bombed the Tour Edge XCG6, which I've also been told is a low spinner. Makes me lean towards BB or BBA if this is accurate.

Ok, so I've got a little time then. Thanks JB, will check with GG to be sure though.

To everybody: from what I've read in the Grandaddy thread, the consensus is that the X2H is a higher spinning head than the BB, and the BBA is the lowest spinning of all. I play an R11S right now, which to my knowledge is a fairly low spinning head, correct? I've also bombed the Tour Edge XCG6, which I've also been told is a low spinner. Makes me lean towards BB or BBA if this is accurate.

What's your normal miss on the club face? Toe/heel or top/bottom?

For me it's either going to be the BB or the BBA. I won't be able to hit either one though. I've kept up with both review threads, and the Grandaddy fittings thread has a ton of great info in there. Choices choices. Loving it.

THP #theking #imwithchad

Top, my normal miss is high. Thoughts?

THP #theking #imwithchad

Top, my normal miss is high. Thoughts?

THP #theking #imwithchad

You can move the gravity core to basically raise or lower the sweet spot on the driver, which can help with up/down misses.

More often top to bottom. I occasionally miss on the toe as well, but the predominant misses are high and (especially) low on the face. I can't recall missing on the heel much at all with my current driver.

Also, for everyones benefit, I checked with Morgan, she would like everyone's choices by the end of the week per Callaway's request.

I'll say right now that even with the up/down gravity core, the Alpha will likely be the least forgiving for most of you. I know it's the sexiest, but outside getting a true fitting I don't know if I could recommend going that route. Maybe the lower indexes and that's not a slight at all to any of you. It wasn't the one for me either. I know a lot of guys at the Grandaddy ended up with it, but they are better ball strikers than I am.

Drivers fit for a king! So awesome! I'm excited to see how this event unfolds. #FranchisevRewritten

Oh my oh my oh my well that PM friggin made my day! I don't know for sure yet, but am leaning towards standard BB in maybe 10.5, with a stiff shaft. Sentimentally for me it's gotta be one of the BB, may be stupid, but just the way it is. Some history with me and the original BB. My miss is predominantly toe side, I believe, so I'm thinking that would be the best fit.

Thanks for dropping and jlukes and Hawk and offering up help. I'll make sure to take you up on it if I have any questions.

Oh my oh my oh my well that PM friggin made my day! I don't know for sure yet, but am leaning towards standard BB in maybe 10.5, with a stiff shaft. Sentimentally for me it's gotta be one of the BB, may be stupid, but just the way it is. Some history with me and the original BB. My miss is predominantly toe side, I believe, so I'm thinking that would be the best fit.

Thanks for dropping and jlukes and Hawk and offering up help. I'll make sure to take you up on it if I have any questions.

Yeah, that was a cool PM to wake up to. Tough choice, but I too am leaning toward the standard Big Bertha. Haven't figured out the loft yet though. Will probably be thinking about all day though.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I'll say right now that even with the up/down gravity core, the Alpha will likely be the least forgiving for most of you. I know it's the sexiest, but outside getting a true fitting I don't know if I could recommend going that route. Maybe the lower indexes and that's not a slight at all to any of you. It wasn't the one for me either. I know a lot of guys at the Grandaddy ended up with it, but they are better ball strikers than I am.

That was my assumption as well. Plus I am not a big tinkerer, so I think that level of adjustability may be wasted on someone like me. Do you have any thought as to which between the X2H and the BB is better for someone whose misses tend to be high/low rather than toe/heel?

That was my assumption as well. Plus I am not a big tinkerer, so I think that level of adjustability may be wasted on someone like me. Do you have any thought as to which between the X2H and the BB is better for someone whose misses tend to be high/low rather than toe/heel?

I only have limited time with both compared to Alpha so far and I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth. If the X2Hot is anything like the original it will be hard to find a more forgiving driver imo. I play that one for a very good reason! I just didn't get to put the 2Hot through enough testing to really see for myself.

I only have limited time with both compared to Alpha so far and I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth. If the X2Hot is anything like the original it will be hard to find a more forgiving driver imo. I play that one for a very good reason! I just didn't get to put the 2Hot through enough testing to really see for myself.

I tend to agree with you. I found the X2Hot the most forgiving in the line slightly over the Big Bertha. Especially laterally and out towards the toe, the X2Hot shined.

I have concluded that the BB is most similar in spin and launch to the RFE. I would feel better if someone would concur!

Such a busy morning haven't had time to reply. I'm so excited! Going to spend some time in the Grandaddy thread tonight. I've read it all a few times but a refresher will be good. I'm a BBA lean right now though the BB is close. I'm coming from the SLDR which has been a solid performer for me, so the low spin attributes of the Alpha have me going that way.

I have concluded that the BB is most similar in spin and launch to the RFE. I would feel better if someone would concur!

I think you're probably on the right track.

I come home from the grocery store and find an awesome PM from GolferGal! This is getting real folks :blob:. I wanted specs similar to the characteristics of my Titliest 910 D2 driver. Mid trajectory with a shaft that provides mid/high type ball flight works well for me.

Driver: Big Bertha
Loft: 10.5
Shaft: regular

I'm actually hitting my driver really well right now and from what I've read about old lady Bertha, it's about to get even better! :golf2:

I like it Bill. No over thinking

But overthinking is what THPers do best :alien:

Love the choice Bill. I know you've been admiring the big gal for a while, no sense hesitating to bring her home! :D

I can only imagine the feeling you guys all got getting this driver PM. Let the excitement and anticipation be taken to the next level!

But overthinking is what THPers do best :alien:

Love the choice Bill. I know you've been admiring the big gal for a while, no sense hesitating to bring her home! :D

I dated her momma years ago and she was hawt! :kissing::kissed::love: I'm thinking her offspring will be hotter than a two dollar pistol :cowboy::guitar:

I think you're probably on the right track.

Thank you Sir. Add a little forgiveness and this is probably what I need. I need to decide on a loft now...

Can anyone speak to how much the new adapter changes how closed the face looks when you loft up on the adapter? I really don't like a driver that looks closed at address.

Back