The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, the breeze is a bummer and the range is pretty much dead into the prevailing wind.

Yea, the breeze is a bummer and the range is pretty much dead into the prevailing wind.

You been to the club house lately on the golf Sim?

Not once. I got annoyed by the pricing and quit going.

Yea I did an hour there and thought it was pricey. Brian told me the golf instructor there is great though, and I need to go up there and get a lesson.

Yea Chris is probably the best in our area. Certainly has access to the latest technology. I felt like I was allowed to get away with a few bad habits that have cost me a bit, especially in the last 6-8 months, but I still use most of what I've learned from him today.

Need to start varying my practise routine. For some reason (see laziness...) I stopped taking my bag to the range and only selecting a few clubs. This has had the unwanted effect of me basically hitting similar shots, one after another. Wasn't so bad the first couple of times I did it as I was getting used to a new hip movement. But today it really started to grind me out.

On the plus side, I'm now hitting almost everything with a slight draw, my mishits still have a fair amount of length compared to how they flew a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to give the range a break tomorrow, waiting in for a shaft delivery which I'll take to get installed once it arrives.

I went wedge to driver with my coach today at the range. Worked on my extension and tempo. If I am keeping my tempo right I am just killing the ball. Just need to get it more consistent. I then went and putted for a while. Tried the in the fingers method I watched on THP tv today and it felt way different. But made some adjustments and I am rolling the ball well. Great 3hr session at the range.

Had a solid session hitting into the net last night, but for some odd reason I was catching the ball just on the inside of center face. I think this has something to do with lie angle not being right in my irons.

Swing looked good on camera not perfect but good. I believe that lie and length of my current setup is making it hard to get to where I want to be, if I pick the heel up slightly on set up it feels better and let's me get to the proper points during the swing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Had a solid session hitting into the net last night, but for some odd reason I was catching the ball just on the inside of center face. I think this has something to do with lie angle not being right in my irons.

Swing looked good on camera not perfect but good. I believe that lie and length of my current setup is making it hard to get to where I want to be, if I pick the heel up slightly on set up it feels better and let's me get to the proper points during the swing.

Choking down will make the club play flatter. Maybe try 1/2 inch and see how the interaction is? I take a dry erase marker and color in the sole. Gives you a decent idea of where the club is interacting with turf

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Choking down will make the club play flatter. Maybe try 1/2 inch and see how the interaction is? I take a dry erase marker and color in the sole. Gives you a decent idea of where the club is interacting with turf

My clubs are 3* too flat at the moment per my last fitting. Getting the heel up gets my body in a more comfortable position hands mainly, too make the moves I'm working on. Does this make any sense?

My clubs are 3* too flat at the moment per my last fitting. Getting the heel up gets my body in a more comfortable position hands mainly, too make the moves I'm working on. Does this make any sense?

I see. Are the clubs too short for you? Putting in a extender may be a quick fix...

So I have decided to focus on pitching for now. Too often I rely on the hinge-and-hold technique. .. while that is great for chipping, if im in the rough I need a shot in my bag tjat will land softer

So I have decided to focus on pitching for now. Too often I rely on the hinge-and-hold technique. .. while that is great for chipping, if im in the rough I need a shot in my bag tjat will land softer

I like it dude. Nickel and diming people with up and downs will come in handy in July!

Did you watch the stuff with Azinger? (spelling) really something that I never thought of.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Did you watch the stuff with Azinger? (spelling) really something that I never thought of.

Yes I watched it on my dvr last night. It really got apparent to me that I only know one chipping technique and dont utilize the bounce well. My goal is to work on things and add shots to the bag. First up on the menu, pitch!

Really interesting stuff.

We are told all the weight on the front foot, he said no bueno

I see. Are the clubs too short for you? Putting in a extender may be a quick fix...

They maybe a quarter plus whatever the lie angle tosses them off. I'll be switching clubs to a properly fit set here at the start of the season once my swing is good from the rebuilding.

Now that the teams have been announced I cannot wait to get home and start putting. Even more now than before. #TheGrindIsReal

I only caught a little of it but had to go bowling, luckily I should have it dvred. What I caught was interesting. A pitch isn't something in my Arsenal, but I can see the benefits.

Goal given to me by my captain! Work to be done!

Hi everyone. I went home today and hit 6 balls with a new 3W friend and it was awesome! I'm ready for some Morgan Cup baby!!!!

Rolling Cleveland putters at GG today since I'm out on Business and done early today( 2.5 hours of free putting practice). Also testing shaft options on the Cleveland 588 TT MT cart. S300 is in the lead right now as far as shaft--still not sure on final iron selections.

Goal given to me by my captain! Work to be done!

Love. It. Albatross on a mission.

Practice overload is on now. Puttting and Working on the perfect Swing. Planning on hitting about 100 or so balls tonight and lots of putting. Really need to work on my head not dropping so much and topping the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back