Morgan Cup 2014 Travel plans & accommodation thread

I've been back and forth on having my wife come along for at least part of the trip. On the one hand, this will be a once in a lifetime event and a great way for her to understand why I love THP, but on the other hand it's a lot more expensive and possibly very distracting having her there. Right now I'm on the side of a solo trip, and will likely end up that way, but doesn't mean I don't wish it was feasible for her to join me.

I've been back and forth on having my wife come along for at least part of the trip. On the one hand, this will be a once in a lifetime event and a great way for her to understand why I love THP, but on the other hand it's a lot more expensive and possibly very distracting having her there. Right now I'm on the side of a solo trip, and will likely end up that way, but doesn't mean I don't wish it was feasible for her to join me.

Plenty of fun events to bring the wife too if this one doesn't make sense for you guys. Getting the wife to a THP event made life so much easier for me, as she now understands all my internet friends and has made a few of her own.

Plenty of fun events to bring the wife too if this one doesn't make sense for you guys. Getting the wife to a THP event made life so much easier for me, as she now understands all my internet friends and has made a few of her own.

I offered to bring my wife to OC invitational so she can still get to meet everyone and she seemed open to it.

Precisely. Love is in the Air is a perfect opportunity to introduce my wife to THP.

Granted most of my current vacations involve her enjoying one round riding along and maybe putting now and again--Then round two I just count on the expense of a massage or Mani-pedi for her while I play--its an expense I plan on during Vacations. Since this will be a different deal, I will likely decide between coming earlier with her and then booting her out :bicker: or planning another vacation week to keep her happy and leaving her home.

Last edited:
I talked it over with my wife last night and I think I might end up come down solo. I was 50/50 on it because of alot of stuff other people have said but in the end cost and time off for her might be the deciding factor. She only gets 2 weeks vacation per year and we would basically need 6 days to do the trip I want to do. Not 100% sure yet, but may be looking for a road trip partner for the ride down.

I might be traveling solo as well... Road trip?

Precisely. Love is in the Air is a perfect opportunity to introduce my wife to THP.

WRONG! I will be there and ruin it for you and everyone else cause thats how I roll

So Michigan Slice is driving 14 hours ish to be there, anyone going to top that drive time?

WRONG! I will be there and ruin it for you and everyone else cause thats how I roll

So Michigan Slice is driving 14 hours ish to be there, anyone going to top that drive time?

ha9utade.jpg

14 hours and 58 mins. With me driving I'll knock that down to AT LEAST 13 hours.

ha9utade.jpg

14 hours and 58 mins. With me driving I'll knock that down to AT LEAST 13 hours.

similar time, I have him at 906 miles to get there #crazy

I will be solo, but will be communicating my much better half through an item called a cell phone...

As far as the round discussion that happened yesterday, I will be looking at 36 on Thursday and possibly 18 on Friday. But a fair amount of range time will be in there as well..

15 for me (sorry almost 16)
5aguqaze.jpg

I'm right around 13-13.5 hrs.

Yeah google maps is always a tad bit long. Also I always make up time. Hopefully we can get a round in there down there together. Hell throw you Jeff and I all in the same group, not sure MB can handle that much golf style in 1 group.

Yeah google maps is always a tad bit long. Also I always make up time. Hopefully we can get a round in there down there together. Hell throw you Jeff and I all in the same group, not sure MB can handle that much golf style in 1 group.

HAHA..that 13.5 is the actually driving time for me. Its a long slow ride through the mountain.

I'm not sure it can either. But it will just have too. #iminpants

I had considered driving, got a buddy who lives 13 hours from me and then myrtle is another 8, but think that might just be too much. If the family was coming we'd be driving.

I will be solo, but will be communicating my much better half through an item called a cell phone...

As far as the round discussion that happened yesterday, I will be looking at 36 on Thursday and possibly 18 on Friday. But a fair amount of range time will be in there as well..
I'm your Huckleberry.

I talked it over with my wife last night and I think I might end up come down solo. I was 50/50 on it because of alot of stuff other people have said but in the end cost and time off for her might be the deciding factor. She only gets 2 weeks vacation per year and we would basically need 6 days to do the trip I want to do. Not 100% sure yet, but may be looking for a road trip partner for the ride down.
I go right through your town on the way down.

Pencil me in buddy. We can discuss particulars later. As long as you can drive standard and help with the driving. :D
The trip south from Rochester goes nowhere near NJ unless you want to go a few hours out of your way. And if you're going to do that, come to Albany and we'll leave from here.

I might be traveling solo as well... Road trip?
You're in South Jersey right? It's a long way away still, but I'll be driving the entire length of NJ on my way down.

Stupid OT question, but just now noticed, how do you guys have the social media icons below your names with links?

There was a thread about it yesterday....I guess you missed it because of your bed time... ;)

You can find settings for social media in your profile settings, you add your username / tag in necessary slots. For example twitter... castorhades (leave the @).

Nope...but the 8-9 hour flight followed by a 12 hour drive should be counted as something :D

I go right through your town on the way down.

The trip south from Rochester goes nowhere near NJ unless you want to go a few hours out of your way. And if you're going to do that, come to Albany and we'll leave from here.

I just said pencil me in so he knows he has a ride with me no matter what. I figured someone closer to him would step up, but just in case!

I just said pencil me in so he knows he has a ride with me no matter what. I figured someone closer to him would step up, but just in case!
So you're coming to Albany first then....? :)

Back