Cobra Bio Cell Irons Review Thread

IMHO the jump in technology and feel between last year's Amp Cell and this year's Bio Cell is staggering. When comparing the two, to me the Bio Cell just feels like such a nicer club. Smooth, not as clunky, not nearly as harsh on miss-hits.

IMHO the jump in technology and feel between last year's Amp Cell and this year's Bio Cell is staggering. When comparing the two, to me the Bio Cell just feels like such a nicer club. Smooth, not as clunky, not nearly as harsh on miss-hits.

I will add to this that I am finding that you do not have to try and 'Step On It' to get the distance out of this club. The technology along with the shaft pairing just makes it easy to launch. Nice easy controlled tempo swing will make the ball just launch off the club face. This is an area I am trying to start getting better at. Nice tempo & let the club do it's job.

I will add to this that I am finding that you do not have to try and 'Step On It' to get the distance out of this club. The technology along with the shaft pairing just makes it easy to launch. Nice easy controlled tempo swing will make the ball just launch off the club face. This is an area I am trying to start getting better at. Nice tempo & let the club do it's job.

Good stuff there. This makes me want to seek out a regular flex shaft and get away from stiff as I have to push it a bit to play stiff IMO.

Good stuff there. This makes me want to seek out a regular flex shaft and get away from stiff as I have to push it a bit to play stiff IMO.

I'll have mine at the Adams event so you are more than welcome to put it through the paces. It's S with a TT XP85, but doesnt feel like you have to push it to get the benefits. This is what I was referring to with the swing. Nice tempo, even at S, gets the ball going with a piercing trajectory.

3 grams of lead tape. First time messing around with it but hopefully matching the swingweight to my current gamers will improve the feel. Will report back tomorrow evening after the simulator.

2ysynedu.jpg

Cookie, depending on which shafts you go with, I am not sure if you should move to reg flex or not. The stock stiff in these with the 85g are quite nice and would probably play well to what you are looking for.

Another range session coupled with a lesson today.
I hit the BioCell a good bit today, and let's just say it's not the arrow, it's the Indian!

Swing was off today, but the BioCell wanted to help me out.
Heel misses, toe misses, bottom Grover's, I had it all!

Dispersion was a pleasant surprise as everything but my absolute misses were still at the target. Ball flight of course was dramatically affected by my misses.

My toe misses of course played a bit of fade with distance losses of around 25-30 yards.
Heel misses were a little less loss of distance but noticeable.

Ball flight while not as high as a pure contact it still was what I'd consider playable.
Hit solidly, ball just explodes off the face, and rockets off to its target. Fewer of those than I wanted today, but like I said today it was the Indian, and not the arrow.

I'll have mine at the Adams event so you are more than welcome to put it through the paces. It's S with a TT XP85, but doesnt feel like you have to push it to get the benefits. This is what I was referring to with the swing. Nice tempo, even at S, gets the ball going with a piercing trajectory.

Hmmm...Friday...same group...if #cookie doesn't hawg it all day?

I'll use one if those kitchen timers and limit his death grip on it :)

Haha, I think I will have one....or two....in my bag soon so I can share as well.

I know we have been discussing the stock steel but I would enjoy trying this with a few other shaft configurations as well like the stock graphite and CTL'S. Super excited to try out this new offering!

Haha, I think I will have one....or two....in my bag soon so I can share as well.

I know we have been discussing the stock steel but I would enjoy trying this with a few other shaft configurations as well like the stock graphite and CTL'S. Super excited to try out this new offering!
What did you not like about the TT 85s in this one?

What did you not like about the TT 85s in this one?

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. I haven't swung it yet so I was just saying that I would be curious to hear further comparisons if the shaft was different.

Sorry, didn't mean it that way. I haven't swung it yet so I was just saying that I would be curious to hear further comparisons if the shaft was different.
Ah ok, gotcha.

UPDATE

Matching the swingweight of the Bio Cell to my gamer was night and day. I just put the lead tape across back on the cell structure and wow. I went from 158 or so avg total distance to 165+ with better dispersion and less distance loss on mishits. Quite a few balls went 175. I stepped on the gas on one and it went 180. This was over 40 balls this afternoon at the simulator. The added weight in the head gave helped me feel the head throughout my swing and put the center of the head on the ball. I was launching around 20-22 also which I am happy with which a few degrees higher than normal but was able to just hit bomb after bomb (for me) with just the 3 additional grams in the head.

Thanks again for the opportunity. I could probably get even more distance with a lie adjustment but that is for the end of winter when I get my swing tweaked a bit more and check all my lie angles and shafts.

Got back out there today at a water range.
I've been working on a couple of things, getting wider & working on tempo. I don't know that those 2 things helped but they certainly didn't hurt. I had the best range session with this club that I've had. Club felt much better and saw increasingly better flights with better contact.
I'm not sure I'm sold on this iron but it's trying to grow on me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bump any other testers have updates.

So at the range yesterday getting my swing on I pulled out the bio a decided to see how I could control trajectory and how well 3/4 shots faired.
Everytime I hit this club im still very imptesse with Cobra and made. Its just solid plain and simple. I will say again that my baby fade wjth these is about 2 yrds more but without a doubt playable.
As far as trejectory control. Very simple. Hitting the ball low or high with minimal effort. I will say these club naturally want to get airborn.
As for 3/4 shots for distance, it faired nicely. Now im in the final stages of shortning my backswing so my 3/4 is probably 50 perecent for some of the long ballers out there. However I was pretty acurate in the distnce range of 155 to 170. Id hit a 3/4 choke down and then move up trying to hit the ball a yard or two past the previous.
Dispersion was a little off but I place no blame on the club for this.

The bottom of the club is definitely showing signs or wear now. Its kn the bottom of the club so its its not noticeable at adress but I imagine if your bag was full of them while riding or walking youd might be displeased about how quickly they scratch. I have not tried any metal polish to buff them out. Ill try that this evening along with some before and after pics.

So at the range yesterday getting my swing on I pulled out the bio a decided to see how I could control trajectory and how well 3/4 shots faired.
Everytime I hit this club im still very imptesse with Cobra and made. Its just solid plain and simple. I will say again that my baby fade wjth these is about 2 yrds more but without a doubt playable.
As far as trejectory control. Very simple. Hitting the ball low or high with minimal effort. I will say these club naturally want to get airborn.
As for 3/4 shots for distance, it faired nicely. Now im in the final stages of shortning my backswing so my 3/4 is probably 50 perecent for some of the long ballers out there. However I was pretty acurate in the distnce range of 155 to 170. Id hit a 3/4 choke down and then move up trying to hit the ball a yard or two past the previous.

The bottom of the club is definitely showing signs or wear now. Its kn the bottom of the club so its its not noticeable at adress but I imagine if your bag was full of them while riding or walking youd might be displeased about how quickly they scratch. I have not tried any metal polish to buff them out. Ill try that this evening along with some before and after pics.

This is a big thing I noticed. I accidently touched the head on my sidewalk while carrying it in to my house and it looks like I whacked it a bunch with a rock. I don't mind this a whole lot but I know some others will.

For anyone that knows, has the Bio Cell+ shown the same penchant for marring?

Iron covers will put this fact out of sight and thus out of mind! haha

As I previously mentioned in one of my other reviews, I did have a difficult time flighting the ball down to where I wanted because of the club's propensity to launch high as you stated.

I do wish I had the complete set to check gapping and a few other things. I will say that these are great offering from the experience ive had. I wont be buying any due to loving my current gamers. I truly do think that if people would actually put them in hand and try them instead of just going off pics on the net and some bad apple negative comments from peopld who havnt even touched them, that some golfers would get these without hesitation.

Going out wednesday to give this 6i some more love :)

For everyone talking about wear, how about some in hand pic's of what you mean? Way easier to convey stuff like that to us reading along in this one through an image or two if possible! :alien:

For everyone talking about wear, how about some in hand pic's of what you mean? Way easier to convey stuff like that to us reading along in this one through an image or two if possible! :alien:

Definitely. Im at work as I was in a hurry to get home for the Super bowl, well least the commercials were good.
As I said im going to take a now and then km going to try and polish some of the light scratcjes out. Ill upload the pics tonight when I get home..

I'll snap a couple of pics during my lunch break. I will say that I have noticed some wear, but not at the point where I am put off by it. I chalk it up to clubs getting a workout & that being part of putting it through the paces. Then again those types of things never bothered me. I could care less how fast or slow the bottom of a club is wearing out or scuffing up.

Back