The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Anyone see how Tiger played last night? I fell asleep waiting for it.

Anyone see how Tiger played last night? I fell asleep waiting for it.

Not good. He is 1 over so far and has some holes left. To give you an idea he is already 8-9 shots off the lead held by Roy I believe.

Ok thanks, I was hoping he'd do better but I'm still holding out hope lol.

He's literally in the same exact spot jack was at this point in time. I think tiger is capable of exceeding him due to physical conditioning.

But Jack wasn't having the mental or confidence issues that Tiger seems to be having right now. He also wasn't going through the same sort of physical difficulties.

Watching Tiger he has one of the ugliest swings on tour. I don't think he can be very consistent and will only get his wins on courses he has played and won on multiple times.

On Morning Drive they were going over his swing from the tee box this morning. He was lining up to hit a fade but was hitting the driver straight. So why not just line up and hit the ball straight and stop trying to fade or draw the ball till the swing starts clicking.

On Morning Drive they were going over his swing from the tee box this morning. He was lining up to hit a fade but was hitting the driver straight. So why not just line up and hit the ball straight and stop trying to fade or draw the ball till the swing starts clicking.

I don't get it either. He looks like he is his own worst enemy out on the course. He never looks relaxed and appears to try to do far to much.

Because he's trying to hit the fade. If he sets up straight and it comes he'll be in trouble. I applaud his commitment to the move but being stubborn isn't winning him any events.

And yes, I'm changing my stance on his swing and relationship with Foley.

I think it's a timing issue. He had timing troubles when he was younger and would hit it all over the map then use his short game to make scores. When he was younger the phrase was "if tiger ever starts hitting fairways all the time, he'll win 25 majors". He swings so hard off the tee that his margin for error has always been 0. Now he's older and using different technique's which adds to the complications (moreso the former than the latter); and because of this his timing is even more erratic on a more consistent basis. At least that's how I see it.

I don't think there's necessarily anything "wrong" with tiger, this is just what an older tiger woods game looks like.

Tomorrow is a big day for us here in Finland...Tiger is teeing off with Finlands Mikko Ilonen, the last time they played together was 13 years ago. I hope they both get within a couple of shots for Sunday.

Because he's trying to hit the fade. If he sets up straight and it comes he'll be in trouble. I applaud his commitment to the move but being stubborn isn't winning him any events.

And yes, I'm changing my stance on his swing and relationship with Foley

SAY WHAT?! What made you finally see the light? Lol

The Official Tiger Woods Thread

SAY WHAT?! What made you finally see the light? Lol

I taped several of his swings from today and broke them down and they are different from low/ mid to long and woods.

Plus to home course matches and he is struggling. He is the odds on favorite on home tracks even when wounded. Seeing the two swings this morning really hit home for me.

Edit: I still think Foley is an excellent swing coach, just for TW.

I think Foley is full of BS. He uses big words and quotes people from hundreds of years ago and in the end I don't see "his" players doing that well. IMO he over complicates the swing and completely eradicates the players' natural tendencies, which when it comes crunch time they will always revert to. The problem with that is when they do it, they have such mixed ideas they don't know their arse from their elbow.

I think Tiger just needs to take a double dose of Fukitol before he hits the course. The dude is obviously playing with one goal in mind and it's driving him on a collision course with a mental breakdown.

Just my personal opinion of course, but I really believe that if he'd just go out there and enjoy his talent and the opportunities afforded him, he would play better golf.

You may just be very well right, he looks totally lost out there. It's amazing how pride becomes our own worst enemy and in the end it tears down even the best and toughest of people.

I think Foley is full of BS. He uses big words and quotes people from hundreds of years ago and in the end I don't see "his" players doing that well. IMO he over complicates the swing and completely eradicates the players' natural tendencies, which when it comes crunch time they will always revert to. The problem with that is when they do it, they have such mixed ideas they don't know their arse from their elbow.

Doesn't he coach Justin Rose? Just sayin....

Doesn't he coach Justin Rose? Just sayin....

He won the US Open yes. But he missed the cut at the British right after. And 33rd in the PGA. Just sayin'.

He won the US Open yes. But he missed the cut at the British right after. And 33rd in the PGA. Just sayin'.

Fair enough. And I forgot to put the :alien: to note my sarcasm.

But to say that his players don't do well is a bit much. I mean, sure it's ONLY the US Open that he won. His other players aren't exactly hacks either.

And for the record, I'm not a huge Foley fan.

Just said it.....

Didn't get to watch Tiger this past weekend, but seen he wasn't at the top of his game still. Was he still having issues like he was at Torrey Pine?

Didn't get to watch Tiger this past weekend, but seen he wasn't at the top of his game still. Was he still having issues like he was at Torrey Pine?

Pretty mich. Sprayed the driver all over the place. He putted much better. He looks like his timing is way off.

Rap-a-tap Tappin' on my SG4

Some of the seedier publications are reporting that Vaughn has been giving Tiger a taste of his own medicine. I wonder if that's a contributing factor to his poor play.

Some of the seedier publications are reporting that Vaughn has been giving Tiger a taste of his own medicine. I wonder if that's a contributing factor to his poor play.
i recall some gossip a while ago about her down in Miami when she was at a concert making out with some dude, has there been more?

Had a chit chat with a close mutual friend of TW out of the blue. It was great catching up with him and we share the same thoughts about TW. I do believe there are some changes coming real soon.

Back