The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to work on putting some more, and then my take away. Can't swing for now. Going to pick up a strike pad to hit birdie balls in the gym my gf is the fitness coordinator at soon. Working on my take away in the mirror will help with breaking my wrists too soon. Later I'll be working with the SKLZ Gold Flex at the gym.

After my range session today I ask myself.... Have I ever swung a club? Very discouraging.

Now I'm waiting for a lesson to start.

Sounds like you and I had the same experience. I left super frustrated today.

Decided to work on a swing change I had put off for a bit--with the MC in 6 months I need to lock this in the brain now and quit putting it off. No major overhalls though--just working a better takeaway.

Played 9 (multiple ball no scoring just swing focus) then range and short game area working that distance control <100 yards.

Went to my least favourite of the local ranges today. The balls there are terrible and there are no greens to aim at, plus awful mats, but I got something out of the session. Felt my iron striking was quite consistent after my shocker of a round this week. Hard to tell how the driver was working, it was very windy blowing in a direction that would exaggerate my fade.

Did some putting at home then just working on my stroke. Really looking forward to some dry days to get some good golf in.

A little putting this morning while having my coffee. Hopefully will get out to practice later.

Heading to golfsmith today to try the red tie wth x2hot/pro heads. While there im going to roll all kinds of putters. Advice from my captain!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Trying to get this class done so I can get to the range today. Otherwise it will just be putting.

Got some practice in this morning; spent an hour on the sim focusing on the long clubs and did about 30 min's on the putting green. Was good to be able to get out and get some rep's in, need to do it more regularly until spring arrives.

Were you able to see all your numbers with the golf simulator?
Got some practice in this morning; spent an hour on the sim focusing on the long clubs and did about 30 min's on the putting green. Was good to be able to get out and get some rep's in, need to do it more regularly until spring arrives.

Were you able to see all your numbers with the golf simulator?

Yea, it gives you all your numbers on each ball. You have to use their balls but shows launch, spin etc. Played with some driver settings a bit and a couple shafts to see what was giving me the best numbers.

Nothing but indoor net hitting for me with the weather around here... focusing on stretching as well

Doc says I can swing a club soon, we should hit the heated bays at Family Sports Center

Doc says I can swing a club soon, we should hit the heated bays at Family Sports Center

Yes!

So I figure my practice season should be opening up here in the next month or so to where I can go out and hit balls outdoors. If I just get the snow to leave and some temps above the freezing mark and lack of wind I'll be at the range. But i'm thinking this year of going at starting my season a little different this year. I have heard interviews in the past, especially with Tiger, when a Tour Player takes an extended period off that they start at the green and work there way back. This is something that I'm thinking about doing this year. I've taken about 12 weeks off from golf at this point and haven't done so much as roll a putt in that 12 weeks. Its actually been nice to just get away from the game for a bit. But I think starting this week, I'm going break out the Birdie Ball mat, and start rolling the rock. Once its fit to actually go out side I will start rolling on the putting green and then to the short game area working on chipping and pitching and then start a progression through the bag, intoducing a new club in each range session till I get the driver. I think this will help groove the swing in with the shorter clubs, and keep me from letting any small flaw creep in with the big sticks right away. I'll certainly keep this thread updated with how this idea works out for me.

Sweet, man. Wish I could have tried the driver out after you shorten it to see what the numbers changed to. Guess maybe next time.
Yea, it gives you all your numbers on each ball. You have to use their balls but shows launch, spin etc. Played with some driver settings a bit and a couple shafts to see what was giving me the best numbers.

So I figure my practice season should be opening up here in the next month or so to where I can go out and hit balls outdoors. If I just get the snow to leave and some temps above the freezing mark and lack of wind I'll be at the range. But i'm thinking this year of going at starting my season a little different this year. I have heard interviews in the past, especially with Tiger, when a Tour Player takes an extended period off that they start at the green and work there way back. This is something that I'm thinking about doing this year. I've taken about 12 weeks off from golf at this point and haven't done so much as roll a putt in that 12 weeks. Its actually been nice to just get away from the game for a bit. But I think starting this week, I'm going break out the Birdie Ball mat, and start rolling the rock. Once its fit to actually go out side I will start rolling on the putting green and then to the short game area working on chipping and pitching and then start a progression through the bag, intoducing a new club in each range session till I get the driver. I think this will help groove the swing in with the shorter clubs, and keep me from letting any small flaw creep in with the big sticks right away. I'll certainly keep this thread updated with how this idea works out for me.

Keyg this actually makes a lot of sense to me. I'm going to try this as well once I get outside and start my practice routine.

Heading to the dome today later with the gf. I'll probably go through 2 or 3 large buckets and so some chipping and putting if the green isn't swamped.

How far can you hit a ball in there?
Heading to the dome today later with the gf. I'll probably go through 2 or 3 large buckets and so some chipping and putting if the green isn't swamped.

I like the idea of starting from the green!

Sweet, man. Wish I could have tried the driver out after you shorten it to see what the numbers changed to. Guess maybe next time.

Yea, we'll get back soon. It was good to get numbers on everything through the bag and confirm my distance gaps. When I got the driver dialed in I was pretty happy with how my yardage gaps are setting up this year. While pondering the new stuff out there... getting numbers confirmed that the bag is set up pretty well as it is and no reason to make any big changes.

Thats good to hear you got the driver dialed in. Figure maybe youll keep the driver as a backup and rely on your 4wood bomber.
Yea, we'll get back soon. It was good to get numbers on everything through the bag and confirm my distance gaps. When I got the driver dialed in I was pretty happy with how my yardage gaps are setting up this year. While pondering the new stuff out there... getting numbers confirmed that the bag is set up pretty well as it is and no reason to make any big changes.

Thats good to hear you got the driver dialed in. Figure maybe youll keep the driver as a backup and rely on your 4wood bomber.

I'm far more confidant in the 4W than my driver... but practice and some consistency can fix that. After some driver tinkering I was seeing a good 25 yard gap between the two, which is just about perfect for me.

Thats awesome man. I am really looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers I will get with my X2Hot 5 wood. Say If I can be more consistent with it, I'll leave the driver in the bag.
I'm far more confidant in the 4W than my driver... but practice and some consistency can fix that. After some driver tinkering I was seeing a good 25 yard gap between the two, which is just about perfect for me.

Worked on the BirdieBall for about an 30 mins day focusing on those 3-6 footers. Definitely seeing improvement with roll and keeping the putter face square through impact.

Finally hit a bucket of balls outside today! We through most of the bag, working on posture. I continue to work on full and 3/4 wedge shots for consistency and dirctions. Would have liked to work on shots around the green, but there is still snow on the ground.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'm infatuated with my Orange Whip. WHY I haven't gotten one beofre now is beyond me, I honestly put it right there on the dumb moves list next to me putting off getting lessons.

I can FEEL my transition, I can FEEL the lag, I can FEEL my balance, I can FEEL where I am SUPPOSED to be accelerating. Eff yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back