He's playing well out there but damn he's annoying to watch, he was getting on his caddie about something earlier and it just rubs me the wrong way.

Agree with all of this. Loads of talent, but annoying is a great word for Bubba.

I want to like Bubba, but he rubs me the wrong way. I have seen him blame his caddy at least 3 or 4 times in the last year.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I want to like Bubba, but he rubs me the wrong way. I have seen him blame his caddy at least 3 or 4 times in the last year.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I'm the same way. I like the goofy fun loving Bubba, but can't stand the whiny, pouty Bubba.

Has he always been this way? And I feel bad for his caddy, Bubba is the one that makes the ultimate choice what to do.

Has he always been this way? And I feel bad for his caddy, Bubba is the one that makes the ultimate choice what to do.

I remember a story on Inside the PGA tour where Bubba's family and caddie had an intervention about his anger/temper issues. Most times he comes off calm and cool. Other times, when things aren't going his way, it looks like he just wants to take his ball and go home.

I remember a story on Inside the PGA tour where Bubba's family and caddie had an intervention about his anger/temper issues. Most times he comes off calm and cool. Other times, when things aren't going his way, it looks like he just wants to take his ball and go home.

Well if he wins tomorrow he better be happy.

Yep, he's always been this way. I was a Bubba fan for a long time, I'm way past over him now though, its just annoying to me.

Can I dislike this thread? Perhaps it's unthank?

I can't stand this guy. FAKE in SO many ways. His true colors show the best when the most is on the line but he shows enough arrogance in commercials/videos to make up for the few times he's actually in contention.

Yep, he's always been this way. I was a Bubba fan for a long time, I'm way past over him now though, its just annoying to me.

Yesterday he said this weekend want about golf it was about charity. Guess he lives in the area and was helping do charity work when he wasn't there.

Well if he wins tomorrow he better be happy.

I think JB said at a THP outing one time that Bubba will never win another tourney. And I can't disagree with JB. He's smart.

He's playing well out there but damn he's annoying to watch, he was getting on his caddie about something earlier and it just rubs me the wrong way.
I'd love to know what those conversations sound like.

Worst travesty in golf Oostie not closing out the masters on Bubba.

If only Phils ball didn't hit the railing on 6....

Can I dislike this thread? Perhaps it's unthank?

I can't stand this guy. FAKE in SO many ways. His true colors show the best when the most is on the line but he shows enough arrogance in commercials/videos to make up for the few times he's actually in contention.

This Pound Cookie guy is smart.

Bubba gets his 5th win on tour today at the Northern Trust. Some of his reactions on the tee after bad shots was getting on my nerves. Seems like every time he hits something poor he looks back and glares at the crowd. Can't deny his talent, but I think he wins in spite of his head.

Can't stand BW.

To be honest, I don't follow the pros, and actually I never even heard of Bubba before coming here. I don't expect to be following this guy either. These people just know how to play golf well. They didn't cure cancer. I am not in awe of any of them. Same attitude towards other athletes. They all just play games. There are a lot better people to look up to or follow imo.

I understand many other people are into that sort of thing, and that is totally cool with me. It just isn't my thing.

Last edited:
His negative comments about match play and then his visibly crappy on-course attitude and seemingly careless bad play at Accenture last year soured my opinion of him somewhat. But I haven't gotten to the point of actively rooting against him yet.

like it not, baring injury Bubba will be around for a while. Granted he isnt a the likable guy in golf he is good for golf. Every sport needs a bad giy:)

I don't care for his antics, but he seems like a good guy and has the talent for sure, I wonder if this win will spark him for a few more wins yet this year.

It seems like everyone who has a hate on for Bubba knows something that the general public isn't privy to.

He's a polarizing figure. I do love watching him play though. His lines always amaze me. It's a lot of fun to watch in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seems like everyone who has a hate on for Bubba knows something that the general public isn't privy to.

I think everyone's privy to the way he acts and his attitude on the course, which is where most of the hatred comes from. Other than that, he went through a whole religious thing on twitter a while back that came across completely fake and pompous.

His attitude reminds me of Jeff Gordon when he first made it big in NASCAR, there's always someone to blame when he didn't win and it's never his fault. The whole whiner stigma that he has earned. I actually liked Bubba before he was getting TV coverage after The Masters and I got to witness how he acts on the course.

He's made some boneheaded moves on the course and with the media, but is it any different then Tiger dropping F bombs or throwing tantrums on the course? I dunno.

I'm not a huge fan of Bubba's act on course either, but the hate seems to be a bit overblown.

Back