Tummy

Reaction score
Handicap
Just pondering if Bubba Watson The modern day John daly , the have alot of parallels, minus the drinking

Not a bad comparison in a lot of ways to Long John back at the parallel point.

Just watching bubba , plays well for abit then the wheels come off

I feel like Bubba cares a bit more than Daly ever appeared to show, just my thoughts

I feel like Bubba cares a bit more than Daly ever appeared to show, just my thoughts

Ya think so? Maybe. Although Daly back in his early days after winning the PGA was one passionate dude out there.

I can see the similarities to a degree. However, Bubba don't strike me as a guy who would peddle autographs out of a trunk. Granted with his Masters win, he's set for life with that Invite, so he's got that going for him.

I can see the similarities to a degree. However, Bubba don't strike me as a guy who would peddle autographs out of a trunk. Granted with his Masters win, he's set for life with that Invite, so he's got that going for him.

Maybe, but he certainly is a bit self serving. That is where I was going with the similarities. They both luv them some them.

Don't forget, Daly is set for a while with an invite to The Open Championship.

You never know......

The millions rolling in could dry up some day and as they say, its better to be poor all your life then to be rich and lose it. Just sayin

I think Bubba might have a little bit more class than John ever did. Just seems a bit more well composed in his personal life.

I didn't know about Daly selling sigs out of his car, things must have gotten really bad. I do agree with JB though, they love themselves a ton and share that similarity. I also think they will wish they left a better legacy when they're old, time has a funny way of making self less relevant.

I know alot of it was ,we will never really know what daly could have done minus the drinking

I have to disagree in a sense about being self serving. This year during the WGC Bridgestone, I just happen to be sitting in Chipotle when Bubba Watson and Rickie Fowler came in for dinner after a round. Bubba bought Chipotle for everyone in the restaurant with the bill totaling $500.00 and left a $50.00 tip? It was just minor gesture...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to disagree in a sense about being self serving. This year during the WGC Bridgestone, I just happen to be sitting in Chipotle when Bubba Watson and Rickie Fowler came in for dinner after a round. Bubba bought Chipotle for everyone in the restaurant with the bill totaling $500.00 and left a $50.00 tip? It was just minor gesture...

Lots of guys do wonderful things. It does not make them less self serving in my opinion.
Let him show more about his toys and tell everybody how awesome he is through social media and then go and watch him pay no attention at all to fans with no cameras on him at a PGA Tour event.

Very John Daly-esque. Doesnt make him a bad person or a terrible guy, just that he is definitely self serving.

Lots of guys do wonderful things. It does not make them less self serving in my opinion.
Let him show more about his toys and tell everybody how awesome he is through social media and then go and watch him pay no attention at all to fans with no cameras on him at a PGA Tour event.

Very John Daly-esque. Doesnt make him a bad person or a terrible guy, just that he is definitely self serving.

Well now that I think about it JB you are right. If you happen to follow Bubba on Twitter he does post a lot about his toys. For one his new golf cart, etc. I guess that single event of gratitude stuck out as I was reading this thread.

God told him to walk his own path....

I think Bubba like many other celebrities does a lot of nice things for people, but I often wonder if it's superficial to take off some heat because they're labeled as jerks or selfish. There are a few other golfers that fall under this umbrella too.

I mean you can draw the lines to players , kinda funny , tigers the jack of our time, bubba's the daly, but you could list a bunch

I'm a big fan of bubba from the interviews I have seen with him. I think a lot of people were turned off by him based on his interaction with his caddy earlier this year. I love the golf boys videos and the video of him from Espn where he is golfing with right handed clubs.

I hope not for his families sake. Would love to see him get hot this season.

I am a big fan of Bubba... he's plays quick and free (ok reckless) which is refreshing to the game that is full of slow, conservative players. His style of play will never make him a consistent golfer, but it sure is fun to watch! His emotion after winning the Master's was very real and I don't ever remember getting goosebumps before for someone who had just won a golf tournament. He might be a little self-serving, but I believe he does it more so to be entertaining to his fans than self glorification. Maybe I'm naive, but I hope I am not wrong!

He's not somebody I really care about seeing play, just something about the way he carries himself that seems douchey to me.

Good golfer, maybe. Unfortunately I am not a fan of intolerance and his religious views and I don't separate the two.

Didn't Bubba retire after the Masters win?

Back