#OwnTheSecondShot - THP & Adams Golf Event Info

672 hours from now, we will have seen Adams HQ and should know who our teammates will be. Can't wait!!

672 hours from now, we will have seen Adams HQ and should know who our teammates will be. Can't wait!!

Break it down to hours... I like it!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

50 degrees tomorrow! GOLF for me! Practice time & sunshine(actually clouds). I'm feeling good about my chances!

This is one week after my RTJ THP'r trip. Two weeks in a row playing with THP'rs is tough to beat.

JM

More went right today than wrong! Come on Cowboys Club! I'll be ready to #OwnTheSecondShot!

My dad was in town from Dallas this weekend and we talked about the event and our trip down there the end of THIS month! Man am I excited.

A little disappointed this morning, woke up to 8" of snow, had plans to work on the short game today, guess it will have to wait a few days (not supposed to get above freezing for the next few days). Can't wait to get to Dallas, hopefully it will be a little warmer there in 4 weeks

Really looking forward to getting to this event. Had a balmy day today of close to 50 but looking at snow on Wednesday

I know this event is about the second shot, but I hit one of these today:

with one of these in r flex:

Went to Golfsmith because it was cold and raining. I actually took an Orange Whip into the hitting bay because I wanted to swing it some for my ponder. Saw the XTD and decided to take a few passes. It was 10.5 and I embraced the Loft! Disclaimer: I hate monitors. Rather they hate me. I just never get good data. Took a couple of swings and was very surprised. I didn't do the math, but was 15 to 20 yards longer than my driver with a couple of bombs for me. Being the cynic that I am, I went out and got my driver out of the car. The XTD was still longer by about 10 to 15 yards with back to back comparisons.

I admit that I have been working pretty hard on some Freddie tips, but with the back to back comparisons, I was impressed. The Red Tie added some cost to the driver though :act-up: $999.00 as pictured. Could that be right?

Anyway, I am so stoked that this is soon going to happen. I now love loft! I need it!

I should #OwnThisDriver.

JM

Went to Golfsmith because it was cold and raining. I actually took an Orange Whip into the hitting bay because I wanted to swing it some for my ponder. Saw the XTD and decided to take a few passes. It was 10.5 and I embraced the Loft! Disclaimer: I hate monitors. Rather they hate me. I just never get good data. Took a couple of swings and was very surprised. I didn't do the math, but was 15 to 20 yards longer than my driver with a couple of bombs for me. Being the cynic that I am, I went out and got my driver out of the car. The XTD was still longer by about 10 to 15 yards with back to back comparisons.

I admit that I have been working pretty hard on some Freddie tips, but with the back to back comparisons, I was impressed. The Red Tie added some cost to the driver though :act-up: $999.00 as pictured. Could that be right?

Anyway, I am so stoked that this is soon going to happen. I now love loft! I need it!

I should #OwnThisDriver.

JM

I think that price tag just says ita a demo lol. Red tie is stock on that line

Wow JM! $999 is pretty steep. There are premium shafts I know, but wow, just wow! (But for 15-20 more yards, I might pop for it)!

Now I feel better. I went and looked them up and something was WAY OFF.

Jm

Xtd fairways and hybrids are pretty sweet too! We will get first hand experience on those :)

I think that price tag just says ita a demo lol. Red tie is stock on that line

Vman,

See KC720's post above I feel better. I cannot Wait to talk to Adams about this driver. It opened my eyes.

JM

Golfsmith demos all typically show 999.

Will be nice to try these on a course versus a hitting bay.

I admit that I have been working pretty hard on some Freddie tips, but with the back to back comparisons, I was impressed.
JM

I hope you embrace the loft. With my low hitting self I am loving 11.5* & being able to hit it high enough to take advantage of downwinds! Had a 300yd carry Sunday! Yes, it was down wind, but considering I couldn't carry 235 last summer in Chicago, I feel like a tour pro!

#OwnTheSecondShot - THP & Adams Golf Event Info

I hope you embrace the loft. With my low hitting self I am loving 11.5* & being able to hit it high enough to take advantage of downwinds! Had a 300yd carry Sunday! Yes, it was down wind, but considering I couldn't carry 235 last summer in Chicago, I feel like a tour pro!

In Texas, every hole is uphill & into the wind. At least what Big Time says.
But 300 yards will turn into 320-330 here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love having this event on the radar, it is getting closer and it's going to be great. I'm really excited to see what Adams has in store for us in terms of our visit to their HQ. I've been lucky enough to tour TaylorMade HQ and for a bunch of golfer geeks like us this stuff is great, I hope they let us take a peek around, obviously they will not be operating as it will be beyond business hours (I assume) but just getting to check things out has me excited!

I can't wait to hear how you all #OwnTheSecondShot, it's going to be great to hear what different kinds of clubs you all use, with differing styles and skills it could be a 3 wood all the way down to a great adams iron!

With the next 7 to 10 days in the teens and snow, suffice to say im really looking forward to this event! Really hoping for some outside practice time prior to!

In Texas, every hole is uphill & into the wind. At least what Big Time says.
But 300 yards will turn into 320-330 here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't think they had any hills in Texas. But, I do remember it's almost always windy. I played a course near DFW years ago on a layover on the way to South America. I'm wondering if it is one of the ones we're playing pre and post rounds on. I probably won't remember it though.

This can't get here too soon. I'm ready for some Adams and Texas hospitality and hanging with THPeeps, and that Cowboys Club is going to be a real treat.

As I watch it snow to about 6-8 inches today I am really getting stir crazy to be in Dallas. I can't wait to hit the Adams clubs, as they are high on my equipment ponders at this time. I also can't wait to meet everyone and to find out who's team I am on.

Back