The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a nine hole par 3 at our golf course where we can practice all the short game stuff. Wedge shots, chipping, green side sand traps & putting will be the primary focus for the next two months.

Do work, OG! I'm making my way up there as soon as this weather starts to act right!

Good session at the range this morning - starting to get to grips with the new driver and hitting some nice shots either straight or a little bit of a fade which I can live with if it is going to be a consistent shot

3w and 5w were launching massive bombs off the tee, irons were flying nice and I hit a fair few balls at a 100yd flag with some pretty good results as well so the next thing to add in will be time at the short game practice area to work on my chipping around the green before I get back onto the course when it dries up enough here

I like it quite a bit. Took a long time to convince myself to spend the money, but I'm glad I did.

I'm still in the soaking up info and seeing whether I need it phase but I'm getting close.

Good session at the range this morning - starting to get to grips with the new driver and hitting some nice shots either straight or a little bit of a fade which I can live with if it is going to be a consistent shot

3w and 5w were launching massive bombs off the tee, irons were flying nice and I hit a fair few balls at a 100yd flag with some pretty good results as well so the next thing to add in will be time at the short game practice area to work on my chipping around the green before I get back onto the course when it dries up enough here

Good to hear the driver is starting to settle in!

Got to the dome yesterday and I am very very happy with how well I was hitting the ball. I have been working with the SKLZ gold flex daily since I've had it about a week, and I feel this thing helps A LOT. I felt like I was barely swinging and I was smoking the ball. I feel like it absolutely has helped with tempo and slowing things down and syncing up the swing to work as one. I warmed up with it for about 10-15 mins and then went right to work with the J40 54* wedge I bought from Deano. I think right now I have bent to 55* which I'll have it bent back to 54* next time I go to my sim round. Just grooving it I was hitting it about 80 yards with a real smooth easy swing. Went I went after it I was popping it up to about what I was estimate was 90 or so. The more I work with this wedge the more I enjoy it.

Here's a video of the J40.

I spent most of my time with that club trying to get a feel for distances on 1/2 and 3/4 swings. I did bring my Powerbilt Citation 5 Wood and 2 Iron. My goodness the 2 Iron is hard to hit. I took a video and you can see I have a massive cut on this swing. I did manage to catch a few flush. I'd seriously consider gaming a 2 iron simply for off the tee if I could hit it more consistently.

Lastly I HAD to try the Amp Cell I got my gf for Xmas lol. I love hitting, trying all club. I could use this thing as like a 3 wood off the tee. I absolutely smoked this ball, arguably the best swing of the day for me.

You can see me giggling right before take away, but that driver is no joke. Awesome feel to it.

After working with my gf a little bit, we found out that she needs to stand a little further away from the ball than I expected. She started grooving it and she's addicted now, she came home and started chipping in the house with foam balls, she's dying to go back now I love it!

You can see how excited she is at the end.

Sorry for all the videos just figured I'd share since I took them.

Great short game session today with mu buddy Rich. Lots of chipping, putting and some competition. Finished with some sand work and left. 3.5 hours today and it seemed like only an hour.

JM

One of my favorite staff bags ever JM I'm jealous.

Got another 20 minutes working on flexibility in. I have nowhere to go but up with that lol.

Then did some practice and testing. Had the monitor going. I am seeing measurable improvements in distance and my dispersion. Can't wait to see what some lessons do for me to build in what Freddie got me started with.

Finished up with a little putting.

Stretch and Stretch and more today. Raining here so will be putting only.

Today was 5 and 8 irons and what a difference a nice day makes. The weather here has sucked big time for a while now and really didn't have much drive to get out. I put my Mizzies back in the bag and what a huge difference in quality shots those irons made, the 8 iron was on target with no difficult turf interaction and the 5 yd cut was spot on and wonderful to see gain. The 5 iron was different today, it went a little higher with a softer cut but the way it climbed was really nice, it almost seemed to climb softer or more gradual rather than a straight climb, it really felt good to hit some great shots again. I did pull my 905T for a few shots and lol it was beautiful, every shot was the same soft cut unless I wanted it to do something else and it responded on command. I missed my buddies an awful lot. After I hit my bucket I went and chipped and putted a bit with the new B330S and new putter I'll post more in those threads. Awesome day today.

2 buckets and some serious thought went into my range time today. I paused after about 20 balls and asked myself is the higher dispersion worth 5-10 yards. So I decided to shorten my backswing to where I felt my spine angle didn't change. For some reason if I go any farther I tend to alter the angle and for me it's causing a dispersion of about 5 to 15 yards either way. So I worked hard and got a good start on the shortening . Lost about 5 yards but surrounded the practice flags I was aiming at. Only hit one driver and I was pretty close to my usual distance. Will put it all together when I go play a new to me but very challenging course.

Today was 5 and 8 irons and what a difference a nice day makes. The weather here has sucked big time for a while now and really didn't have much drive to get out. I put my Mizzies back in the bag and what a huge difference in quality shots those irons made, the 8 iron was on target with no difficult turf interaction and the 5 yd cut was spot on and wonderful to see gain. The 5 iron was different today, it went a little higher with a softer cut but the way it climbed was really nice, it almost seemed to climb softer or more gradual rather than a straight climb, it really felt good to hit some great shots again. I did pull my 905T for a few shots and lol it was beautiful, every shot was the same soft cut unless I wanted it to do something else and it responded on command. I missed my buddies an awful lot. After I hit my bucket I went and chipped and putted a bit with the new B330S and new putter I'll post more in those threads. Awesome day today.

Sounds like you were grooving it pretty well Marc! No better ball flight than a baby cut IMO. What model Mizuno are you swinging?

Did a lot of setup worked today for about an hour. Didn't realize it had gotten as far off as it did.

Sounds like you were grooving it pretty well Marc! No better ball flight than a baby cut IMO. What model Mizuno are you swinging?

The 68's buddy, one of the best clubs I've ever hit. It was a great session but some work is coming soon and it will be tough for a little while lol.

Did a lot of setup worked today for about an hour. Didn't realize it had gotten as far off as it did.

Love the cap doing work. Did some work myself yesterday before the dang flu hit, but working on some panda tips to get my game in shape by Dallas.

What did it end up being? did you hit the TM's?

Marc and Jimmy putting in some work! Love it dudes.

Just some quick iron work with 5-7 irons tonight before the Super Bowl. Only about 50-60 swings. Good night again for impact. Felt like I was really flushing it well.

2 buckets and some serious thought went into my range time today. I paused after about 20 balls and asked myself is the higher dispersion worth 5-10 yards. So I decided to shorten my backswing to where I felt my spine angle didn't change. For some reason if I go any farther I tend to alter the angle and for me it's causing a dispersion of about 5 to 15 yards either way. So I worked hard and got a good start on the shortening . Lost about 5 yards but surrounded the practice flags I was aiming at. Only hit one driver and I was pretty close to my usual distance. Will put it all together when I go play a new to me but very challenging course.

It's amazing how shortening the backswing creates all kinds of fixes lol, I wish I could remember to do it all the time because when I do everything goes well lol.

Had another great range session with the Apex Pros. The scoring irons are incredible and I continue to be impressed with how easy the long irons launch

The 68's buddy, one of the best clubs I've ever hit. It was a great session but some work is coming soon and it will be tough for a little while lol.

The 68's are my second favorite Mizzy's. Right behind the MP4's! You'll get it worked out soon enough. #TheGrindIsReal

The 68's are my second favorite Mizzy's. Right behind the MP4's! You'll get it worked out soon enough. #TheGrindIsReal

You going to love is in the air with the gf. She has played more than my wife this year lol.

With the weather in the 50s and snow in the forecast for tomorrow, I had to get out on the range today, even if I was hitting off of mats.

Went through my entire bag, just knocking off some rust and getting my body back into the flow of the swing. One habit I have to break is my setting up with barely any knee bend in my left knee...straight as a peg. I kept reminding myself of it as I went through the session. It was just so nice to swing a club outside again after a while. It wasn't the prettiest range session in the world, but I'm happy that it was a bit ugly - it just informs me of what I need to work on.

Just in time for more snow tomorrow. Ugh.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

With the weather in the 50s and snow in the forecast for tomorrow, I had to get out on the range today, even if I was hitting off of mats.

Went through my entire bag, just knocking off some rust and getting my body back into the flow of the swing. One habit I have to break is my setting up with barely any knee bend in my left knee...straight as a peg. I kept reminding myself of it as I went through the session. It was just so nice to swing a club outside again after a while. It wasn't the prettiest range session in the world, but I'm happy that it was a bit ugly - it just informs me of what I need to work on.

Just in time for more snow tomorrow. Ugh.

Glad you got out there today Nate. I don't think we're getting snow until Wednesday so tomorrow Im getting back to the range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You going to love is in the air with the gf. She has played more than my wife this year lol.

No unfortunately not. I didn't even think of asking her, because at that point I wasn't sure she'd be so into it.

Side note tho she's been asking me can we go back to the dome to practice soon? She's addicted.

No unfortunately not. I didn't even think of asking her, because at that point I wasn't sure she'd be so into it.

Side note tho she's been asking me can we go back to the dome to practice soon? She's addicted.

That's great to hear, you got a great practice buddy now. Plus she can tape you're swing now.

That's great to hear, you got a great practice buddy now. Plus she can tape you're swing now.

Thats pretty cool right there! I wish my wife was into it. Im slowly working on it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Thats pretty cool right there! I wish my wife was into it. Im slowly working on it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My wife needs alot of practice so hopefully come spring she will be out there with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back