Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Wedge Review

that was one of the few things I liked about the Jaws CC wedges in Slate. Perhaps I should get over that experience and try these out in the spring.

Thought the same thing about the marks on the dark face.

I noticed it after the first shot and thought "huh, thanks kinda nice!" Then, why am I hitting close to the hosel. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I noticed it after the first shot and thought "huh, thanks kinda nice!" Then, why am I hitting close to the hosel. Lol

LOL.

Mine was, "Sweet! I'm not on the toe."

LOL.

Mine was, "Sweet! I'm not on the toe."

Oddly enough that's what I was expecting. My typical miss on my irons is out on the toe. Had me pondering why I was hosel side with the MD2.

Still debating going to mess with a few differnent ones at HHI....But an Arc grind for one is probably going to be in there. Maybe a channel or a U.

Bring em all so I can try them out!!

Ok I'm completely at a loss here and need some feedback from you guys that have games these for a while.

The second range session with these and I continue to hit fat shots. There were a couple of decent hits, but I am not making crisp contact like my Vokeys. I even hit a few shots with the Vokeys and didn't hit one fat at all.

The MD2's are all S grinds and the bounce is the same as my Vokeys. So is it the Indian and not the arrow in this case? Anyone else have an adjustment period to them? Maybe the range turf is not indicative of course conditions so I should wait until I get them in the course before I pass judgement?

Any help is appreciated.

That's interesting, mikeg. I haven't had much issues transitioning between my prior wedges and the MD2s.

I remember that you purchased your wedges used. Are they stock length? Maybe check them against the Vokeys to see if they are longer.

I don't find the MD2s to be much of diggers. In fact, my Mizunos made much bigger divots. These just make a nice, shallow divot. I have an S-Grind (54*) and U-Grind (58*), and I don't have issues with either.

I'd keep working on it and see how it goes.

That's interesting, mikeg. I haven't had much issues transitioning between my prior wedges and the MD2s.

I remember that you purchased your wedges used. Are they stock length? Maybe check them against the Vokeys to see if they are longer.

I don't find the MD2s to be much of diggers. In fact, my Mizunos made much bigger divots. These just make a nice, shallow divot. I have an S-Grind (54*) and U-Grind (58*), and I don't have issues with either.

I'd keep working on it and see how it goes.

Thanks for the feedback. The first thing I did was measure them to my Vokeys and they are not any longer or shorter.

I'm playing Wed morning & that will be the test. If they react differently under course conditions then I'll chalk it up to it being the range and not the actual course.

I would love to find a used MD 60 LW, I think it would make a great addition to the bag. Fill that short yardage gap for me!

54 and 58 on the way, cant wait to put them through their paces

Nice Mike. It's an overdue ponder for sure. Hope they spin the bejeezus out of some golf balls for you.

I have really enjoyed the MD2 wedges. I think they will be a great fit in my bag.

I'm still getting used to the weight of them. They seem a little heavier in the head than my Mizzy wedges, and the touch shots are a little too long right now as a result. That will change with more practice.

They are still pretty spinny on approach shots. I'm now playing the spin back, where as with my prior wedges I just played a hop and stop. The MD2s feel really solid, and they've very easy to hit.

I cannot wait to start hitting some non-rangeballs into some real greens with these bad boys

Nice Mike. It's an overdue ponder for sure. Hope they spin the bejeezus out of some golf balls for you.

I'll take anything I can get....Ive enjoyed my sim time with my brothers 60*.

I think these and some short game lessons could be a lethal combo

I have really enjoyed the MD2 wedges. I think they will be a great fit in my bag.

I'm still getting used to the weight of them. They seem a little heavier in the head than my Mizzy wedges, and the touch shots are a little too long right now as a result. That will change with more practice.

They are still pretty spinny on approach shots. I'm now playing the spin back, where as with my prior wedges I just played a hop and stop. The MD2s feel really solid, and they've very easy to hit.

I had to put an X100 in my 52* so that i could keep playing that hop and stop shot it but i kept the s400 in the 58* so i can spin it back

I've noticed that same head weight you are talking about. It took a bit to get used to. I am ready to see this spin you speak of. I don't usually make a wedge back up, so that'd be interesting to see.

I've noticed that same head weight you are talking about. It took a bit to get used to. I am ready to see this spin you speak of. I don't usually make a wedge back up, so that'd be interesting to see.

The first time I hit the 54* on the course was a pitch from about 90. The ball went a little far (head weight), but then spun back to about a foot. It was pretty cool.

I also tried to get aggressive with the 54* on an approach that needed another five yards. The ball hit just short of the pin, which was on the back of the green, and it spun back about 30 feet to the front of the green.

The first time I hit the 54* on the course was a pitch from about 90. The ball went a little far (head weight), but then spun back to about a foot. It was pretty cool.

I also tried to get aggressive with the 54* on an approach that needed another five yards. The ball hit just short of the pin, which was on the back of the green, and it spun back about 30 feet to the front of the green.

Spin MONSTER! I can't wait to get my 55* out on the course. Never gamed a dark wedge before, but I'm sure the finish will wear off the face as this will be my "get out of trouble for 1 stroke" club. Incredibly versatile with great spin and turf interaction.

The snow melted enough for the UPS truck to get here today with my new Mack Daddy 2. What a beauty. Now, if the rest of this stuff would just go away so they can reopen the course, I may get to get out and hit this baby a bit.

Does anybody know what kind of size the ferrule is on these wedges? Im gonna fit them with custom KBS xtra stiff wedge shaft in pearl white :)

I am loving these wedges. I've played about 10 rounds with them like them better than my old Vokey's. In my last round, I had 84 yards to the pin. I was by myself and playing through a group, so trying to hurry. I hit a really nice shot with my 59* wedge, right at the pin. I didn't even watch it...just bent down to pick up the divot and heard a clank. I looked up and didn't see the ball. When I got near the green, I checked the front bunker, thinking the ball might have hit the flagstick and backed up into the bunker. Nothing. Walked up to the hole, looked inside, and there was my ball. Eagle 2! There was a chunk of grass missing from the edge of the cup where my ball hit. Only bummer was that nobody saw it...including me!

Does anybody know what kind of size the ferrule is on these wedges? Im gonna fit them with custom KBS xtra stiff wedge shaft in pearl white :)

It's a .355 shaft.

Back