The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there's a fitness thread, but I feel more at home here lol. Makes me feel like I'm doing it for golf. I got a book on golf fitness, mainly using it for information on upper body and hip stretches. Have spent 20 minutes a day working on that since getting it. Also doing workouts with a stability ball to increase my core strength. Finished that up last night and putted indoors for a bit.

What book did you end up getting Hawk?

It's some old book I got at the library and I can't remember the name. It's some lady that was a fitness instructor for the pros, but there's a picture of Duval on the cover if that tells you how old it is lol.

It's very good though. There's a section to test yourself and different programs for different fitness levels. The exercises are fine, but I sort of rely on Erica for that info since she's a fitness beast. The stretching though is very golf specific and has been great.

It's very good though. There's a section to test yourself and different programs for different fitness levels. The exercises are fine, but I sort of rely on Erica for that info since she's a fitness beast. The stretching though is very golf specific and has been great.

Awesome dude. Golf stretches are something I have been doing a bit of research on lately. I just feel like I could use some more through my upper body and hips.

Awesome dude. Golf stretches are something I have been doing a bit of research on lately. I just feel like I could use some more through my upper body and hips.

Those are two of my biggest areas for improvement for sure. Shoulders and hips are not easy to intuitively know how to stretch, not to mention there are front and rear areas that you have to get in different ways. I've seen some big benefits doing them before I hit balls. Still a long way to go, but it's sort of relaxing for me. I've got enough stress that 20 minutes of quiet is very much appreciated.

+1 here. I been working in stretching hips, lats and lower back for quite some time.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nithing but indoor net hitting for me. Focusing on setup and contact with smooth swings

I wish I had somewhere indoors I could swing a club. It's just putting, putting, putting for me right now.

I wish I had somewhere indoors I could swing a club. It's just putting, putting, putting for me right now.

If all else fails, make a weekly or so trip to a golfsmith or something similar and hit up a bay :)

Hey nothing wrong with always working on your putting. I better see 18 putts total when we play our first 18 holes togthor. You should be a master of putting by then I think.

Tonight some swing practice. That thread on staying connected sort of spoke to me when I read it. Good swing thought to have right now.

More practice indoor net hitting. Still working on setup and takeaway. Tomorrow video practice session at golftec to verify im not grooving wrong things and get an idea of ball flight on sim

Hit the range for about 30 minutes during my lunch break. Had a solid session where I was working mostly on 20-60 yard shots with my LW. I've struggled lately with that shot and honestly haven't felt confident with it as far as how to control trajectory. Playing in really wet conditions has not helped for sure. I worked on open the face up on the shorter ones almost like flop sand and trying to land it in a very specific area (there was a single ball I was aiming for) and it helped my concentration and focus. Also hit a few with the driver and teed it up a little higher than usual and was seeing a very nice, high, straight ball flight. Felt like I was smoking it too. Ever since my lesson, I've been much more consistent off the tee and hope I can continue to get better. If I can hit it like that on the course, I will be alright.

Hit the range for about 30 minutes during my lunch break. Had a solid session where I was working mostly on 20-60 yard shots with my LW. I've struggled lately with that shot and honestly haven't felt confident with it as far as how to control trajectory. Playing in really wet conditions has not helped for sure. I worked on open the face up on the shorter ones almost like flop sand and trying to land it in a very specific area (there was a single ball I was aiming for) and it helped my concentration and focus. Also hit a few with the driver and teed it up a little higher than usual and was seeing a very nice, high, straight ball flight. Felt like I was smoking it too. Ever since my lesson, I've been much more consistent off the tee and hope I can continue to get better. If I can hit it like that on the course, I will be alright.

Straight bombs off the tee, sounds good buddy. Looking forward to seeing these in person the Friday of the HH invitational (see what I did there)

Straight bombs off the tee, sounds good buddy. Looking forward to seeing these in person the Friday of the HH invitational (see what I did there)

haha I see what you did there. Let's hope I can keep it straight and keep it up. The control off the tee seems to come and go. I'm just trying to work on a repeatable swing.

haha I see what you did there. Let's hope I can keep it straight and keep it up. The control off the tee seems to come and go. I'm just trying to work on a repeatable swing.

Anything that goes over 250 yards off the tee is considered a bomb by MD.....you'll be fine in impressing him!

Anything that goes over 250 yards off the tee is considered a bomb by MD.....you'll be fine in impressing him!

Whatever....just you wait

Just pay no attention to my 20* driver

LOL at #loftwayup.

250 is a bomb by the way. I'll take that any day.

Hey anything over 250 for me personally is a bomb. My world record is 260 and I hope I can break that this year.

Thats what she said lol. Hey man I'm 5'10 and 155 I do what I can. Say I better be seeing better results after these lessons and all the work I am doing.
Put those hips into it my man!!

Thats what she said lol. Hey man I'm 5'10 and 155 I do what I can. Say I better be seeing better results after these lessons and all the work I am doing.

Im 5'9" and 155 soaking wet ;) ots possible bro

Yeah and what kind of yardage do you get out of your driver?
Im 5'9" and 155 soaking wet ;) ots possible bro

No reason you couldn't be hitting it 275 yards with your size. All in the mechanics and power moves. Pro's your size are hitting it further. It's just about getting that club set and using those bigger lower body muscles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back