What is your most comfortable distance?

For me, its 150 yards. I play to that number every chance I get. As, depending on conditions, it has me with an 8i or shorter in my hand, and those are the clubs I feel most comfortable with.

120-125.

It is the absolute perfect number for my UW!

Gonna go with inside 4 feet... :alien: but really, last year was about 115-125.

I like the 6 inch tap in for birdie. When that's not available, see below:

I'm a fan of 130. Typically a solid 9 iron for me.

I always lay up to 100, why? Because my sand wedge is usually my money club and I'm going pin seeking from there. I'm with Beard in that 50-90 is tough for me, not really reliable for the LW but just too much you can do and it usually ends up not too great.

90 yards. That is a full LW for me, and I know you don't hear it much, but that is probably my favorite club in the bag. And from that distance, if it's windy, or the green is wide open, I can take a PW and knock it down comfortably.

110 yards. That a 3/4 54 for me and I feel i can adjust for a few more or few less if needed. I also feel I can control my spin a lot more from this distance

105. That's a full 56*.

Mine is the high 120's to low 130's. Just a smooth full PW.

I enjoy 120yds, it's a full and smooth gap wedge usually with little to no drama... now getting to 120yds is usually a different story.

100 yards. Boom. If I'm not inside 10 feet, I feel like I wasted something.

110 yards. Nice, easy gap wedge.

I like 155. A full 9i always seems to land with less spin than wedges and stays where its supposed to be.

I like the 6 inch tap in for birdie. When that's not available, see below:

I'm a fan of 130. Typically a solid 9 iron for me.

I was going to say 2 feet, but #Cookie makes a good point about 6 inches as well.

I guess I'd say 95-100 yards, that's usually a 54 degree wedge for me.

100 for me. A nice smooth 54* = money

Between 80 and 90 is my favorite. No bad from 130 to 140

100 yards right now as that's a good 54˚ distance for me with the X-Forged wedges. May change a touch when the J40s get here, but that's my default layup. Second place would be 150 as that's about a full 8I, which was my primary practice club in the beginning of my lessons, and hence the iron I'm most comfortable with. Still prefer 100 right now if it's possible though.

I have more of a zone than a specific yardage. Anywhere between 110 and 170, as long as I can make a full swing, I feel fairly confident that I will hit an acceptable shot. Inside that, my hands start to get a little twitchy, outside of that the clubs start feeling clunky.

I know you should play to a number. But I want to get as close to the green as possible. If I am 250 out, I am not trying to get to 100 or 150. I am trying to get to 50. Or 25. However far I can hit it.

75yds, I have a shot with 3 wedges I'm comfortable with.

145-150. Perfect for a 9 iron. Will stop on a dime so I just point and shoot.

100 yards. Boom. If I'm not inside 10 feet, I feel like I wasted something.

This is exactly my feeling and why I try to get to that number when the situation calls for it. I feel like from that distance, I should make birdie.

120-125. A nice full AW for me.

150, just a good number for me that I feel confident I can stick my 8i close to the pin with.

100-135 PW GW SW in I'm going to hit it nice and close.

Back