The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why 45 minutes and not 30 minutes or and hour. Seems like a wierrd request for time. Ive been taking 30 minute lessons and they seem to last for 45 minutes.
I'm trying to get 12 lessons for 460 and have him make them 45 minutes

Why 45 minutes and not 30 minutes or and hour. Seems like a wierrd request for time. Ive been taking 30 minute lessons and they seem to last for 45 minutes.

30 seems too short

Hour seems too long

In the winter hanging around afterwards isn't an option where the place is located so 45 seems just right

So I am guessing the lessons will always be outside instead of inside hitting into a net because its winter.
30 seems too short

Hour seems too long

In the winter hanging around afterwards isn't an option where the place is located so 45 seems just right

First lesson in half a year tonight. Excited about it. Wishing I'd started about a month ago, but the timing is probably better now anyway. I've got my personal time for practice set aside and life is finally settling down a bit at home.

Last night I just did a workout.

Have a new guy or using Chris again? Wish I could find someone good locally... search continues...

So I am guessing the lessons will always be outside instead of inside hitting into a net because its winter.

No, they will be inside a pull barn that has mats, video setup etc. However it belongs to a friend so no chance of me just "hanging around" there pounding balls afterwards.

The good thing is the guy is the pro at the course 1 minute from my house, and the range will open March 1st so will go there once the snow is gone

No, they will be inside a pull barn that has mats, video setup etc. However it belongs to a friend so no chance of me just "hanging around" there pounding balls afterwards.

The good thing is the guy is the pro at the course 1 minute from my house, and the range will open March 1st so will go there once the snow is gone

Sounds like a nice set up and that's sweet your right next to the course like that. Wish our subdivision had fairways instead of ponds.

Have a new guy or using Chris again? Wish I could find someone good locally... search continues...

Back to Chris. He's the best in the area, so only makes sense. It's not even close how much better his setup is.

Sounds like a nice set up and that's sweet your right next to the course like that. Wish our subdivision had fairways instead of ponds.

Yep IM just a push cart and a trespass from the 14th tee

Must be rough lol

Time will tell, its an older neighborhood and with it has come all of the old house BS we have dealt with.

But it can all be worth it if the course turns out to be decent.

Time will tell, its an older neighborhood and with it has come all of the old house BS we have dealt with.

But it can all be worth it if the course turns out to be decent.

Sorry about the house you'll get it fixed up in no time. And I don't wanna hear you couldn't make it to the course to get some practice in.

Back to Chris. He's the best in the area, so only makes sense. It's not even close how much better his setup is.

Very true, and have to go with what works. I just wish he were closer... or I had more free time to go get more lessons from him this year.

Hmm 12 lesson 45 minutes each for 600

Or 12 lessons 30 minutes each for 460

12/45...

Hmm 12 lesson 45 minutes each for 600

Or 12 lessons 30 minutes each for 460

12×45 min=540min $600÷540=$1.11 per min

12×30 min=360min $460÷360=$1.28 per min

Seems pretty minimal discount. All depends on if you want to drop the extra cash ATM I think.

More putting tonight. I'm kind of bummed, the PGA pro I planned on starting with her in the next couple weeks I can't get ahold of him. Not sure if he's not teaching anymore or just doesn't want to teach me lol. I'll keep trying, but I was really looking forward to working him. Hopefully I hear back.

Some pump drill tonight, and birdieball putting with my beloved FGP!

12×45 min=540min $600÷540=$1.11 per min

12×30 min=360min $460÷360=$1.28 per min

Seems pretty minimal discount. All depends on if you want to drop the extra cash ATM I think.

Yeah he said half now and the other half at the mid way point which is the only reason it's even being pondered

Yeah he said half now and the other half at the mid way point which is the only reason it's even being pondered

Then I would do the 45 min option... a lot can be covered in that extra 15 min when the stars are aligned lol. 70 bucks difference when you are paying 230 already isnt much IMO

Then I would do the 45 min option... a lot can be covered in that extra 15 min when the stars are aligned lol. 70 bucks difference when you are paying 230 already isnt much IMO

Exactly. ..and for me that's a huge benefit in feb and march when outdoor ranges aren't really an option. But will be just enough when they are.

After seeing that I sway on the backswing when posting a vid to Freddie's section, I spent about 15-20 mins today working on turning into my right leg, feeling like the weight was on my instep. Did most of it in front of a mirror to make sure I wasn't moving backwards. Also worked on a shorter backswing, because once again what I thought I was doing isn't what the video showed me.

Feel ain't real...

Looks like he would do 12 lessons 20 min at 440 atill leaning 45 minute ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back