TM R1 - Black or White?

franzy

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and apologize if this has been asked before.

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a R1 driver. I see that Taylor Made has some good deals in CPO models.

I'm debating between the colors. I'm leaning towards the black, but I kinda also like the contrast between the black face and white head.

I am looking forward to hanging out with you guys in the future. Thanks a lot!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's really a preference thing. Go with what suits your eye. This way you don't get something you hate every time you are standing over it.

I've had both. While the white never *bothered* me, I do prefer the black I have now.

You know what they say.....once you go.....well you get the idea.

Welcome to THP. I've tried both white drivers and black/grey and for me I couldn't get used to the look of it.
Like Deaner said, it's a personal choice. The R1 is a great driver imo and you can't go wrong with it no matter the color.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

I've had both and really preferred the black by a large margin. It is just a personal preference thing. TMaG says the drivers are identical but there were some reports from users that the Black was slightly different in terms of performance, maybe that it was a little quieter.

Thanks guys. I'm kind of leaning towards black. I remember hitting my buddies R11 last summer and it was visually strange. I guess I've always had black faced drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP, if I had seen a black one in person before a few weeks ago I would have had one in my bag a long time ago, Black is beautiful!

I prefer the white .I know some people hate the graphics,but for me they helped with the alignment to the ball.

Welcome to THP! I'm not opposed to white club heads but I didn't care for the white R1. The black club head looks awesome to me though. In the end whatever you like best when you address the ball is what really matters. Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy it.

Welcome to THP!

I had the RBZ in white awhile back and loved it, but the Black R1 is really, really great. It's become my favorite club to hit.

Welcome to THP! For my 2 cents I'd go black, a little more classic look versus the racing stripes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I've been looking at these myself, I prefer the black.

Both!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just bought a R1 and could hit either one, but the black just looks sweet. But my shaft is white.

For what it is worth, I just got the black one. After comparing them side by side I just preferred the look of the black. Perhaps it was the 6 inches of snow that kept me from playing golf that made me hate the white one :act-up:

I have the black and like it more than my previous white RBZ.

Welcome to THP. I just purchased a Black R1 and am in the process in getting it tweaked. I am glad I chose the black and hope to have it ready to go for the season, provided we get rid of the snow!

If I had to pick, I would prefer the black version. I just like the somewhat more traditional look at address.

Both are really nice.

Personally, I have the r1 in white and prefer that. Honestly wish TM stuck with the white with their new line of clubs.

The white is a matte finish with no glare. That's what I like about it.

The black is sexy, but has a glossy finish.

Sent from this Tapatalk app thingy

I played a white RBZ Tour most of last year and I think I'm ready to switch back. The clean white head is ok, but once it gets dirty or scratched it is a little distracting.

I guess for me the biggest thing is it's hard looking at a white headed driver when I've looked at a black one my entire life. I would imagine the dirt on a white headed driver would drive the OCD in me crazy.

Regards,

Tom

I am not a fan of the white clubhead craze.

I have a black one. Although I think TM could have done a more creative overall paint job on the black model, I do prefer it to the white. Either way, the R1 is an awesome driver. And at $199 it's a steal.

Black. This was in plastic seven minutes ago.

u4aje6a6.jpg

It's all personal preference, and for me, 100% black all the way.

My buddy has a white R11, and after two years of use (and not meticulously cleaning it) the white driver looks like a used Q-Tip to me.

Back