THP TV - Wilson Staff M3 Driver & Metal Woods

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV had a chance to speak with Wilson Staff about their new line of metal woods.

Weight adjustment is a big deal for them in my eyes. I really felt like they pigeon-holed themselves with the last couple offerings being strictly light/long drivers. This should fit a broader group of players. Hope to hit this thing sometime.

Yep, just as good of an interview as I remembered.

I want, no, I neeeeed to hit these. Best looking line of woods that W/S has put out IMO, they are PHENOMENAL in hand.

Sounds like Wilson packed a ton of adjustability in this line, which I love. Looks like they are primed for a big year with lots of buzz surrounding their releases and 9 lucky THPers will see it first hand in October!

Weight adjustment is a big deal for them in my eyes. I really felt like they pigeon-holed themselves with the last couple offerings being strictly light/long drivers. This should fit a broader group of players. Hope to hit this thing sometime.

This is really true IMO, light and long is great, but you need to be well rounded and these really do look like they do that. Plus, they really are extremely confident in this line which is really cool to see.

I think I would like the 11g. I play my driver at around 335 total weight and putting more in the head allows me more options with shafts.

I think you are dead on about this Hawk. They really stepped up their game with these offerings and it should appeal to a larger market.

I mentioned this in the W/S thread that one of the local places near me was unloading a bunch of M3 headcovers last week. I really want to try the 4 wood out in this model. One of the best FW's I had in my bag for a while was the DXI back in the day. Would love to have something that could give me the performance and better yet confidence that I had with that club.

Looks, Adjustability and Versatility. Three parts the seem to have really hit a home run in.

I mentioned this in the W/S thread that one of the local places near me was unloading a bunch of M3 headcovers last week. I really want to try the 4 wood out in this model. One of the best FW's I had in my bag for a while was the DXI back in the day. Would love to have something that could give me the performance and better yet confidence that I had with that club.

Nice Dean. The hybrid probably has the most interest from me in the metalwood line. I like adjustable hybrids, I like the head shape, and I've had success with the brand in the past.

Nice Dean. The hybrid probably has the most interest from me in the metalwood line. I like adjustable hybrids, I like the head shape, and I've had success with the brand in the past.

Have you seen close ups of the hybo's in the line Hawkster? Talk about a "players" profile, look so good int hat little footprint though.

Have you seen close ups of the hybo's in the line Hawkster? Talk about a "players" profile, look so good int hat little footprint though.

much smaller than I thought they were going to be.

Just stock photos. I like that smaller look, especially in the slot I am using hybrid right now. There's a point where it gets too little though. Dhy for example.

Just stock photos. I like that smaller look, especially in the slot I am using hybrid right now. There's a point where it gets too little though. Dhy for example.

Def not Dhy small, but me being used to the Fybrids I was taken aback a bit by the hybo here. That said, it still has everything I'm curious/like about in a hybrid.

Freaking line just looks really solid.

Man I have really enjoyed the looks of the entire M3 line-up all the way through. Nice deep faced classic looking driver, and those irons, man those irons look fantastic.

I enjoyed this. Not only their first foray into adjustable but bringing a product to market than can appeal to a broad spectrum with the shafts & weights.

Looking forward to trying both the hybrid and driver out.

Great interview and sounds like Wilson has done lots of research and put tons of tech into this line.

I know nothing about the NL shaft he speaks of, I have hit the RIP but not the NL.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to get my FG Tour M3 Irons (with Aerotech Steelfiber Shafts), M3 Hybrid, and M3 Driver. I got the 21 degree hybrid and the shape is indeed different than my Titleist 913's. It has a bit shallower face but it is also wider. It is a really good club. I have played 2 rounds and I may switch out my other hybrids to the M3 from the Titleist 913H's. The M3 Driver is the one that surprised me. In the 2 rounds I have used it, it is just longer than my titleist 913d2. It just seems easy to swing and launches a medium/high trajectory without balloning. I don't know the total weight of the 913D2 but the Wilson must be a bit lighter. I also got the stock shaft in stiff and it may also be lighter as well. I acutally might end up with an all Wilson Staff bag this year. The M3 Irons are awesome.

I love the looks of the whole M3 line, I can't wait to see them in person.

Well color me intrigued. I will definitely be looking for a demo day and trying these out. I love how W/S is making a new face for themselves and their products coming out now really have something for every golfer out there.

Would love to hit these. Wilson was what my dad had in his bag when I was young. Hope they make a super strong comeback as a major competitor.

Now the trick will be to actually FIND them somewhere to try and buy. I went it and asked my local Edwin Watts - Uinta guys about them specifically and they looked at me like I was speaking Farsi. No proshops, no outlets I know of locally carry a full line of Wilson. Sure I could buy on-line, but that's a pig in a poke.

Now the trick will be to actually FIND them somewhere to try and buy. I went it and asked my local Edwin Watts - Uinta guys about them specifically and they looked at me like I was speaking Farsi. No proshops, no outlets I know of locally carry a full line of Wilson. Sure I could buy on-line, but that's a pig in a poke.

I know one place where THPers can get fit for a Wilson Staff driver and put it right into play.

THP event this year called #PersonalDistance

I know one place where THPers can get fit for a Wilson Staff driver and put it right into play.

THP event this year called #PersonalDistance

I envy you guys who'll go. Utah to Chicago and to wait till October -- I'll never last that long. But I will promise that when I scrounge an M3 driver somehow, somewhere, I'll share my impressions.

I have only 4 things on my MUST TRY list right now: BB driver, Nike's new toe grind wedges, Nike's RZN platinum ball, and this M3 driver. That's an eclectic mix, I know, but everything else I've either tried or it doesn't interest me. I'm curious about that WS Nexus stand bag that you guys also rave about, but I can't find one anywhere to look at.

I will at some point try these woods, the M3 & C100 irons & even the new Level 2 Vizor M4 putter. It wouldn't suprise me if I ended up with an all W/S bag by the end of the year.

Back