That's beyond what I know. Haha

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

There's a restock of that epi g-400

It's 100 cheaper then the non restock.

I picked up an epi LP standard pro brand new for 350 on eBay. The std pro has the probucker pick up upgrade and they sound pretty darn good for an epi. I got tons of value from that purchase. Good guitar, good intonation and buttery tones.

sent without the boss's knowledge...

The only bad thing with pauls, is that that don't have whammy bars!:D

d6YFhWL.jpg

Well, that escalated quickly.

I picked up an epi LP standard pro brand new for 350 on eBay. The std pro has the probucker pick up upgrade and they sound pretty darn good for an epi. I got tons of value from that purchase. Good guitar, good intonation and buttery tones.

I think this also a fantastic idea, a used instrument can save a lot of cash and get you some better quality for the price.

Speaking of which, the Taylor I bought from a friend was in mint condition, he gave it to me for almost half of what he paid
Abn711a.jpg

I think this also a fantastic idea, a used instrument can save a lot of cash and get you some better quality for the price.

Speaking of which, the Taylor I bought from a friend was in mint condition, he gave it to me for almost half of what he paid
Abn711a.jpg

Excellent deal, man!

Ha! you speak the truth, that's why God created Charvels lol.

Just realized I didn't post this - this is the Bandcamp of my band, Tide of Empire. We have two EPs there that are both free downloads.

We jokingly play "dad rock", if you listen to the songs you'll get what I mean. The first EP we tracked live in our rehearsal space, then overdubbed vocals and leads. I engineered/mixed/mastered that one, it was a bit of a rush job since we needed a release to get a few festival bookings. The second EP (Icarus) I engineered, but it was mixed/mastered elsewhere.

There were plans for a 3rd EP, but it's fallen by the wayside with all of our jobs, families, etc. We still play shows occasionally, but don't rehearse at all until just before the gig :) We play golf together more than anything else, in fact we came in first in a charity scramble last year (no thanks to me, save for some decent putts).

Enjoy!

I second EvF and Satch's used suggestion. I got my PRS SE Custom 24 back in December for $400 used, AND it has aftermarket pickups in it that sound fan freaking tastic. The guitar new goes for about 700, and the pickup upgrade was probably 200ish. Used is an awesome idea if you don't mind being patient and looking around for a little bit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Okay, well I went ahead and got the epi g-400, after doing some research on it, it sounds like a great beginner guitar and you can play a variety of music on it. I got the restock one, for cheaper and what should be only cosmetic flaws, why not?

Also hot an amp, cord, cheap strap, picks, and an electric tuner.

I think I was in it for less then $500, so I stayed under what I wanted to spend.

Now I just gotta wait, and then learn how to play. I'm really excited always wanted to learn how to play, and also I think it'll be good for me, expand my skills and such.

Thank you guys for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Okay, well I went ahead and got the epi g-400, after doing some research on it, it sounds like a great beginner guitar and you can play a variety of music on it. I got the restock one, for cheaper and what should be only cosmetic flaws, why not?

I think I was in it for less then $500, so I stayed under what I wanted to spend.

Now I just gotta wait, and then learn how to play. I'm really excited always wanted to learn how to play, and also I think it'll be good for me, expand my skills and such.

Nice dude!

Best of luck with your new axe!

Nice dude!! My buddy from high school had the G-400, that's a great starter guitar. Did you end up buying an amp separately then, or was there a G-400 package deal?

Bought the amp separately. The orange one Satchmo recommended, it had higher reviews then the other.

Either one would have worked for what I plan on doing at this point though.

Bought the amp separately. The orange one Satchmo recommended, it had higher reviews then the other.

Either one would have worked for what I plan on doing at this point though.

Sweet deal. Orange amps are great quality, that'll be a perfect little rig for you to learn on.

Good luck Rhyno! I'm in the same boat as you - I have gear but never took the time to really learn more than basic chords. Now I'm itching to get better!

Congrats, Rhyno! Play the crap out of that thing!

Musicians???

Congrats! What amp did you get! The reason I was saying to get that guitar it your experience as a beginner will be better with a better guitar, I've played the LP special and LP 100 and they felt like firewood, but pay a bit more and you get more
Guitar!

Edit: saw you got the orange one, great choice, don't forget to post pictures!

Congrats! What amp did you get! The reason I was saying to get that guitar it your experience as a beginner will be better with a better guitar, I've played the LP special and LP 100 and they felt like firewood, but pay a bit more and you get more
Guitar!

Hey give the LP 100 credit, it feels like rich man firewood...the special feels like driftwood :alien: hahaha

Yep, I have an LP 100, and I can personally attest that it pretty much sucks. It sits in the corner now though as I play my PRS and my Schecter 7 hehe :D Will probably be trying to offload it pretty soon for $$ towards the Blackstar.

Hey give the LP 100 credit, it feels like rich man firewood...the special feels like driftwood :alien: hahaha

Yep, I have an LP 100, and I can personally attest that it pretty much sucks. It sits in the corner now though as I play my PRS and my Schecter 7 hehe :D Will probably be trying to offload it pretty soon for $$ towards the Blackstar.

Hahaha, I owned an epi Les Paul jr that I got at the mall for $69, it was awesome and had a sparkly black finish. I never cared for the 100 because I got really lucky with my epi standard. Hahah I should have said really expensive wall decoration instead.

Guitar!

Agree completely. I've found that in my experience, spending just a bit more to get something to grow into as opposed to out of is always preferred.

Back