Adams event - DFW - *extra rounds*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey wait a minute now, I am playing with the famous V.man on Sunday.

I would never deprive you of the opportunity to play with a celebrity. Hopefully, I get the chance in Lake Charles.

Cookie, Woody lands at 7:30 in DFW, will 9:08 give us enough time to get to course? I am not familiar with the area

Shane I hope you don't go to DFW I land at Lovefield. I googled it it said about 30 minuets to get there. I don't need much warm up though I'm used to getting out of the car and playing.

Yep, landing at SW at 7:30 will get you to the course by 8:30 or so.

Shane I hope you don't go to DFW I land at Lovefield. I googled it it said about 30 minuets to get there. I don't need much warm up though I'm used to getting out of the car and playing.

I meant live field, I think this weather has given me brain freeze

30 minutes from love field to grapevine is fine with no traffic. But that puts you square in the middle of rush hour. Might be okay but it will be more than 30

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

30 minutes from love field to grapevine is fine with no traffic. But that puts you square in the middle of rush hour. Might be okay but it will be more than 30

Shouldn't be bad heading out of Dallas towards grapevine though.

114 should be decent... but at 8 am the love field area is always a mess. Avoid the 35 construction and hopefully it won't be a problem

How is that possible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yzu3ybep.jpg

The only way!

Any idea on how traffic will be from Denton to the course that morning? I want to try to get to the course by 8:30, so just wondering how much time I need to allow for to get down 35 and 121 to the course.

114 should be decent... but at 8 am the love field area is always a mess. Avoid the 35 construction and hopefully it won't be a problem

If a local wants to message me the best route that would be great

Another wrong airport story waiting to happen! That would be so funny & sad at the same time.

I am looking forward to the Spring-like swing of warm weather that Dallas always promises!

Another wrong airport story waiting to happen! That would be so funny & sad at the same time.

I am looking forward to the Spring-like swing of warm weather that Dallas always promises!
Hope you're right about the Springlike weather when we very Dallas. It's been an abnormal winter in Georgia, and I've had enough of not being able to play golf. I need some Spring.

If a local wants to message me the best route that would be great

I'll just share it here for anyone else who might need it. As it turns out, the shortest route that google gives you is your best bet:

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...255e566424afb89d!2m2!1d-97.054027!2d32.954847

I can tell you that morning traffic is hit or miss on this route, but the other two routes google lists will definitely get you in trouble. Stick to the Hwy 114 route and you should be fine.

For those coming to Dallas the temps start looking more like normal next week.
8ujyne6a.jpg

No weather talk!!!!!

Pssssh, I know right, when will these guys learn.

However, since we're on the topic, we have a saying that goes something like, If you don't like the weather in Texas today, wait 24 hours cause it will change. Well, between today and tomorrow there will be a 25 degree warm up that occurs. We blame the Canadians.

I'll just share it here for anyone else who might need it. As it turns out, the shortest route that google gives you is your best bet:

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...255e566424afb89d!2m2!1d-97.054027!2d32.954847

I can tell you that morning traffic is hit or miss on this route, but the other two routes google lists will definitely get you in trouble. Stick to the Hwy 114 route and you should be fine.

This is the only route to take, shortest and quickest.

Any idea on how traffic will be from Denton to the course that morning? I want to try to get to the course by 8:30, so just wondering how much time I need to allow for to get down 35 and 121 to the course.

Coming out of Denton south can be hit or miss. Google says 30 minutes, but not in morning traffic. I think 45 minutes is a better time frame.

Coming out of Denton south can be hit or miss. Google says 30 minutes, but not in morning traffic. I think 45 minutes is a better time frame.
Thanks for the info, I have not been down that way in a while. My GPS said about 25 minutes from Denton in, but it doesn't account for traffic. 45 minutes is not bad, just wanted to get an idea and make sure I wasn't looking at a 2 hour journey or something crazy like that.

Depending on what part of denton you're coming from, you can definitely take the "back way" down 2499 to 26. That's my usual commute when I drive from Corinth to my office in Grapevine. with no traffic it takes about 5 minutes longer for me, but with traffic it's the same or faster, and far less frustrating. About 30-35 minutes to the course during rush hour. add whatever time it would take you to get to 2181 & 2499

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back