Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I take it that the Aldila Tour Green shaft isn't real deal, as I checked out the price of the shafts on ebay and they are going for about $250.

It's real deal. All of the shafts in the Callaway lines this year are. It's part of their "offer more value to the consumer" initiative that Chip Brewer is the driving force behind

I'm not sure all of them are Joe. The Tour Blue in the X2Hot driver isn't the same if I remember correctly. It's lighter than the aftermarket and I want to say it was mentioned on the Cally Talks episode. Not that it matters, because I really don't think it does.

I'm not sure all of them are Joe. The Tour Blue in the X2Hot driver isn't the same if I remember correctly. It's lighter than the aftermarket and I want to say it was mentioned on the Cally Talks episode. Not that it matters, because I really don't think it does.

Perhaps it was just the Pro lines and the berthas

Was there discussion of "clickiness" regarding these shafts in the Callaway Talks videos? The public should know.

:Alien

(Seriously -- made for or not, these shafts are really nice)

Perhaps it was just the Pro lines and the berthas
The Tour Green is stock in the XHot 2 Pro Hybrid and blue in the standard hybrid.

Took this thing for a test drive again last night and compared it to a few others. The Ping i25 is really similar to it and felt nice but in the end I think the x2 hot still wins out in my books. Now I just need to get one eventually.

Well I headed for a local (to where I work) golf store earlier today to try out the new X2 Hot 3 Hybrid. I warmed up with a 7 iron and started with a regular shaft 19°. I was hitting the ball well knocking out some good numbers. A few shots faded to the right. The store pro/manager wanted to experiment and handed me a stiff shaft club. The numbers got even better and my mishits weren’t as severe. On average I was hitting approximately 191 yards carry, arrow straight most of the time. Happy days. So I pulled the trigger and bagged a new addition to my bag. I also got a €20 discount, which made it even sweeter.

Will likely be pulling the Tour Green tomorrow and putting in the Diamana D+whiteboard 92 stiff that I was fitted for in Carlsbad

The reviews and feedback in this thread is just awesome. So good that I ordered the 3 & 4 standard x2 hots to replace my x hots without a swing. Thanks again guys and I can't wait to give my feedback too.

Ahh these threads are torturing me. Just want to get these out on the course.

I just want to see one in LH. Still waiting for them to come in.

It's not a long drive to Atlanta... And I have a lot of what you're looking for. (And, doughnuts)

Coincidence? I think not.

What do you think of that shaft in a hybrid?
I've never played this shaft, but after last weekend's first trip around the course with them, it's a phenomenal shaft! Great feel, I love the weight, and the ball had such a great boring trajectory! Best hybrid shaft I've ever had!

I've never played this shaft, but after last weekend's first trip around the course with them, it's a phenomenal shaft! Great feel, I love the weight, and the ball had such a great boring trajectory! Best hybrid shaft I've ever had!

Agreed. I put the Tour Green in the hybrid, FW and driver. I'm not that big into shafts and shaft fittings, but I really did like the ball flight that I got from the Tour Green.

It's not a long drive to Atlanta... And I have a lot of what you're looking for. (And, doughnuts)

Coincidence? I think not.

Don't tempt me.

This is by far one of the best looking hybrids on the market right now. I'd love to add a 3h to the bag this year!

I really like it. I have liked that shaft for awhile now and to put one in my hybrid is a dream come true for me.

The AD DI 7 has been a great fit for me and my swing, haven't ever hit the hybrid shaft but need to change that.

How does the feel / launch compare between the hybrid and driver / FW shaft?

The AD DI 7 has been a great fit for me and my swing, haven't ever hit the hybrid shaft but need to change that.

How does the feel / launch compare between the hybrid and driver / FW shaft?

I think they are really similar. A nice mid/mid-high flight with lower spin and gets up fast and sits nice and soft.

I think they are really similar. A nice mid/mid-high flight with lower spin and gets up fast and sits nice and soft.

Hummm... I like all of those things... I need to check that puppy out.

Hummm... I like all of those things... I need to check that puppy out.

Do it! A great shaft and if you like the 7 you certainly will like this.

Picked up the Hybrid before my trip to Myrtle last weekend, got the standard model with the Tour Blue stiff 65g.....hit it plenty at the range and a handful of times during each round....coming from my TM 11 rescues that are way too draw biased and any strike off center toward the toe caused dead hooks left I am completely amazed by this club, off the tee and the deck it goes straight, if I try to really muscle one it draws nicely....it will probably replace my 3 wood until I get the X2 in my bag as the distances are comparable.

Played my first round with the X2 Hot Pro hybrids today (18* & 23*). I had the same lofts in the X Hot Pros, and the X2 Hot Pros are longer. The 23* was about 10 yards longer and the 18* was about 15 yards longer. The flight is much more piercing than the X Hot Pros. Off the tee I got more roll, but the ball stopped quickly when hitting it into greens. At first the smaller head seemed too small, but I love it after playing a round. It was easy to hit out of the rough, off the tee, and from the fairway. These are the best hybrids I have ever hit by a long shot. Oh, and the Tour Green shaft is a winner. My driver swing speed is about 103. For me, dispersion is much tighter than last year's Project X. The Tour Green is a fairly stout shaft, but performs great.

Back