The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

My man Ray Allen has J. shuttlesworth on his jersey tonight.... Oh he got game

My man Ray Allen has J. shuttlesworth on his jersey tonight.... Oh he got game

Rumors that Allen agreed to do a sequel. I think the only hold up is getting Denzel Washington onboard.

Rumors that Allen agreed to do a sequel. I think the only hold up is getting Denzel Washington onboard.

That would be amazing

Team USA pool was announced yesterday. Some interesting choices to me especially with Klay Thompson, Korver, Gordon Hayward, and Faried. Shocked that John Wall didn't get the nod since he is an excellent passer, but there are so many quality PGs in the NBA that it had to be a tough decision.

USA Basketball player pool

The 28-player pool for USA Basketball is evenly split between 14 Team USA vets and 14 newcomers.
VeteransNewcomers
Carmelo AnthonyLaMarcus Aldridge
Tyson ChandlerBradley Beal
Stephen CurryDeMarcus Cousins
Anthony DavisAndre Drummond
Kevin DurantKenneth Faried
James HardenPaul George
Dwight HowardBlake Griffin
Andre IguodalaGordon Hayward
LeBron JamesKyrie Irving
Kevin LoveKyle Korver
Chris PaulDavid Lee
Derrick RoseKawhi Leonard
Russell WestbrookDamian Lillard
Deron WilliamsKlay Thompson

Team USA pool was announced yesterday. Some interesting choices to me especially with Klay Thompson, Korver, Gordon Hayward, and Faried. Shocked that John Wall didn't get the nod since he is an excellent passer, but there are so many quality PGs in the NBA that it had to be a tough decision.

USA Basketball player pool

The 28-player pool for USA Basketball is evenly split between 14 Team USA vets and 14 newcomers.
VeteransNewcomers
Carmelo AnthonyLaMarcus Aldridge
Tyson ChandlerBradley Beal
Stephen CurryDeMarcus Cousins
Anthony DavisAndre Drummond
Kevin DurantKenneth Faried
James HardenPaul George
Dwight HowardBlake Griffin
Andre IguodalaGordon Hayward
LeBron JamesKyrie Irving
Kevin LoveKyle Korver
Chris PaulDavid Lee
Derrick RoseKawhi Leonard
Russell WestbrookDamian Lillard
Deron WilliamsKlay Thompson

I'm still sad there's no Kobe :(
I'm gonna guess they cut Klay, Kawhi, Kyle Korver, Iggy, Derrick Rose, Faried, Hayward and Beal

BYE BYE GM Chris Grant in cleveland

He will be forever remembered for the Anthony Bennett pick. So far the biggest bust ever haha.

I mean he's young enough to outdo Kwame brown. ..but cleveland teams just do some dumb crap

What do you guys think of the new dunk contest? I think it will be better myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you guys think of the new dunk contest? I think it will be better myself.

I'm pretty excited for the most of the all star festivities this year. The slam dunk contest finally has some star power and I always love the 3-pt and skills challenges. The game is a little lackluster, but it is at least entertaining with non-stop offense.

He will be forever remembered for the Anthony Bennett pick. So far the biggest bust ever haha.
That was the weirdest pick I've ever seen, I remember watching and thinking, what the heck. I don't understand basketball enough, but I knew enough to think that was a mistake!!!

Bill Simmons' reaction after Stern announced the pick was hilarious. For as bad as the draft was last year, there were a few "sure-fire" NBA talents (Oladipo, mainly) that could have worked out better in hindsight. Granted, Cleveland already had a young backcourt, but they also had Varejao and Thompson. Putting Bennett at the 3 was an option, I suppose, but clearly he has not been a difference maker in the league. Enjoy Kyrie Irving for the next 1.5 years at least.

Bill Simmons' reaction after Stern announced the pick was hilarious. For as bad as the draft was last year, there were a few "sure-fire" NBA talents (Oladipo, mainly) that could have worked out better in hindsight. Granted, Cleveland already had a young backcourt, but they also had Varejao and Thompson. Putting Bennett at the 3 was an option, I suppose, but clearly he has not been a difference maker in the league. Enjoy Kyrie Irving for the next 1.5 years at least.

I'm pretty sure their plan was to put him at the 3 originally. I think pressure got to him, and then he lost the fight in him he used to have and let the wheels fall off

Also, I'm really impressed that Damian Lillard is doing all 5 All-Star events.. That's pretty crazy. Good day to be a Rip City fan I guess.

Looks like Davis is replacing Kobe in the ASG. It's good for New Orleans since that gives them a hometown representative in the game. Hopefully Dragic makes it if CP3 is unable to go. Dragic has been so good this year. Dragic probably even had a case to make it over Lillard, but I guess there is more star power with Lillard.

Looks like Davis is replacing Kobe in the ASG. It's good for New Orleans since that gives them a hometown representative in the game. Hopefully Dragic makes it if CP3 is unable to go. Dragic has been so good this year. Dragic probably even had a case to make it over Lillard, but I guess there is more star power with Lillard.

Dragic is one of my favourite PG's but I think Lillard should have been in over him, especially since now he's doing all the events, that's crazy. But, I'm pretty sure Chris Paul will be ready to go for his game tomorrow. It says game time decision but I'd bet my wedges he'll play.

Some crazy finishes from a couple of games last night. One thing that happened during the Houston game: Houston won while committing 16 more TOs and attempting 33 less shots than Washington. That is amazing to me. Houston is 8-2 when committing 20+ turnovers.

Yep Lebron with a game winning 3 pointer. 36 pts, 13 reb & 9 ast is a sick game.

Yep Lebron with a game winning 3 pointer. 36 pts, 13 reb & 9 ast is a sick game.

Yep, not too shabby. I really hope he can turn it up over the last few months and get the MVP from Durant. As of this point though, Durant deserves it though, I guess. Maybe Lebron will get a make up year from the Derrick Rose sham MVP season.

Lebron James - nothing else is needed.

Dunk contest. Freestyle? Hmmmm

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Remember the days when they'd make the dunk on the first attempt? This is really bad lol

RIP new dunk contest format
2014-2014

Back