DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, with the freezing and frost it looks like they probably wont start pulling tarps until later meaning tee time probably closer to 1pm...

we could always get there around 10:30-11:00 to have some drinks and food while we wait for them to get us out on the course.

BTW for those who haven't eaten there - the food is pretty dern good. not your typical hot dogs and nachos golf course food. we have a very talented chef and staff! and we get 50% off of everything but alcohol...

it might not be quite that late. I think it's a pretty safe bet that lots of the people with tee times will not show up at all. if we're there and ready to play they will get us out as soon as they can. I bet we go before noon. you could come eat/practice with us and if it gets too late they're not going to make you pay for the round

What time should I arrive?

What time should I arrive?

I would say 10:45ish. They should have the practice area open about then, and lunch will start soon after. plenty of stuff to do while we wait for the tee

I would say 10:45ish. They should have the practice area open about then, and lunch will start soon after. plenty of stuff to do while we wait for the tee

Sounds good, see ya in the AM!

Did y'all dfw guys get any of the snow? I'm here in Abilene 3 hours west of Dallas and I'm just praying it's all gone by the morning. Should make a nice muddy round lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did y'all dfw guys get any of the snow? I'm here in Abilene 3 hours west of Dallas and I'm just praying it's all gone by the morning. Should make a nice muddy round lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got around an inch yesterday and I had some flurries on the drive home today.

Looking good for playing both days this weekend though - timely reprieve!

Got around an inch yesterday and I had some flurries on the drive home today.

Looking good for playing both days this weekend though - timely reprieve!

FYI I just talked to our head pro at oakmont. They're still waiting to take off tarps and they need 2-3 hours of drying time with the tarps off before they open the course. He thinks the practice area will be open about 11:30 and the course will open about 1:00. He said if there are a bunch of people waiting to go, he'll do a shotgun start so we all have plenty of time to get done before dark. So, the 10:45 time I said yesterday might be a bit early. We can always eat lunch :)

The sun needs to come out in a hurry. It's to damn cold.

FYI I just talked to our head pro at oakmont. They're still waiting to take off tarps and they need 2-3 hours of drying time with the tarps off before they open the course. He thinks the practice area will be open about 11:30 and the course will open about 1:00. He said if there are a bunch of people waiting to go, he'll do a shotgun start so we all have plenty of time to get done before dark. So, the 10:45 time I said yesterday might be a bit early. We can always eat lunch :)

I will still make it but I might have to leave early as I have plans for the evening.

It is cold up here. Just spoke with pro, tarps are starting to be pulled now.

Targeting 11:30 for range opening and 1:00 for golf to start.

I'm here at the club. I will be in the pro shop or the grill. Just come on in!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

In trying to figure out GHIN... for those who played PV last Saturday... have your scores shown in GHIN? Mine has not. The one I entered does. Do they only xterra from PV on the 1st and 15th for calc?

In trying to figure out GHIN... for those who played PV last Saturday... have your scores shown in GHIN? Mine has not. The one I entered does. Do they only xterra from PV on the 1st and 15th for calc?

The pro shop should be entering those scores. Not sure on what day(s) they enter them. You may need to call them. Or, ask them at next event.

The pro shop should be entering those scores. Not sure on what day(s) they enter them. You may need to call them. Or, ask them at next event.

I did and the answer was confusing so... did your score from last week already show in GHIN? I'm trying to determine if I need to ask more questions or just let it place out... my GHIN stuff has been hosed up since they set it up.

Sunday, 2/9
Tierra Verde
1:30PM

1) #Cookie
2) afwcardinal
3) Shakey
4) capt.dru

Let's figure out 2 fair teams for tomorrow and do a best ball 2 man competition. So we still play our own ball so we can post scores but have some additional fun while at it. What you guys say?

You boys have fun tomorrow. Hope the sun breaks out for ya.

Throwing it out there but next weekend, Sunday, I might try and use the Bridges pass. It's saying 55, sunny and little wind. Anyone else??

Throwing it out there but next weekend, Sunday, I might try and use the Bridges pass. It's saying 55, sunny and little wind. Anyone else??

I'm interested. Earlier the better for me though.

Let's figure out 2 fair teams for tomorrow and do a best ball 2 man competition. So we still play our own ball so we can post scores but have some additional fun while at it. What you guys say?

Im fine with whatever. I just need someone to print out my coupon for me.

Im fine with whatever. I just need someone to print out my coupon for me.

Did you buy it originally or get from Aaron?

If you email to me I can print for you.

Interested

Did you buy it originally or get from Aaron?

If you email to me I can print for you.

Got it from Aaron. Send me your email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back