Figured Id show off some pics of my children while I had a sec.

From left...

My '12 Epiphone LP standard pro - best Epi I've ever played.

Takamine 523SC

'91 Epi Custom - My first real guitar. Holds a special place in my heart but she's retired now

uploadfromtaptalk1392166970364.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392167000045.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392167027308.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392167048720.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392167083093.jpg
sent without the boss's knowledge...

Figured Id show off some pics of my children while I had a sec.

From left...

My '12 Epiphone LP standard pro - best Epi I've ever played.

Takamine 523SC

'91 Epi Custom - My first real guitar. Holds a special place in my heart but she's retired now

View attachment 12962
View attachment 12963
View attachment 12964
View attachment 12965
View attachment 12966

Those are pretty sweet, I've played some great epi's over the years and I'm thinking about getting another one now. I want to see how good I can make it play and sound.

No music stores? Dang that sucks

Nah, but it's a small town 3,500 largest in the county, largest in the closest 4 counties.

Closet big town that might have something is a little over an hour away.

Welcome to Nebraska haha, still closer then a golf Store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sweet guitars man! Why is the custom retired??

Thanks! I use her as a back up but that's it. Frets are shot, intonation is shot, and the pick ups aren't much to write home about. Ill prob fix her up at some point but the tea burst made me realize how down in the dumps she was. Made me sad but that's the reality of it

Thanks! I use her as a back up but that's it. Frets are shot, intonation is shot, and the pick ups aren't much to write home about. Ill prob fix her up at some point but the tea burst made me realize how down in the dumps she was. Made me sad but that's the reality of it

That sucks man, here a good fret job will run like $90, new but and bridge will probably be $100, and new pick ups like $200, might as well buy a new one, but hey at least you played it until it gave out

That sucks man, here a good fret job will run like $90, new but and bridge will probably be $100, and new pick ups like $200, might as well buy a new one, but hey at least you played it until it gave out

Exactly, plus the best fret guys are in Denver which is 3 hours away. I bought her in 97 so she' s definitely seen her share of action. She's earned her retirement.

Musicians???

Exactly, plus the best fret guys are in Denver which is 3 hours away. I bought her in 97 so she' s definitely seen her share of action. She's earned her retirement.

That's great that you played her that long! Now it's time to save up for a Gibson haha, I've been pretty cautious about buying another Gibson, it's not that I don't like them (I love them) but Gibson has had some inconsistencies with quality control, and at $2000 plus, one would think that they would do a better job, for example, on mine the neck binding is shoddy, and the body binding has a random bump on it,
KfZSngK.jpg

k4wGQWW.jpg

It's annoying when someone pays 2500 for a guitar and doesn't get perfection! But it's ok she still plays like a dream

]

But who could resist that top...
b973lcf.jpg

On another note, I had to copy EVF and post a picture of the twins
Xi7239H.jpg

Yeah, those inconsistencies are the main reason I can't justify the purchase. I feel I can get pretty darn close sound and performance from the top end epis. The probucker pickups really are good for what they are. I will own a Gibson one day, just not now.

Those are gorgeous, Satch! Turning a lil green here ;)

Musicians???

Yeah, those inconsistencies are the main reason I can't justify the purchase. I feel I can get pretty darn close sound and performance from the top end epis. The probucker pickups really are good for what they are. I will own a Gibson one day, just not now.

Those are gorgeous, Satch! Turning a lil green here ;)

Thanks man! And yeah at this point the guitar I wish I could still find would be an Epiphone elite Les Paul, but I hated the ugly elongated headstock haha. I'd rather spend money on an older Gibson, not norlin era, but say a Les Paul custom from the mid 90s, maybe I'll get better quality, or there is the option of going with PRS (god forbid haha) OR, I'll suck it up and go with an R9 from the Gibson custom shop, but they are $6000

Well, this could be one difficult then I thought. Should any music shop be able to do it? Or do I have to find a repair shop.

Closest one of those is 3 hours away... But I definitely could find a reason to go to Omaha #hitthebarsonladiesnight

Well, this could be one difficult then I thought. Should any music shop be able to do it? Or do I have to find a repair shop.

Closest one of those is 3 hours away... But I definitely could find a reason to go to Omaha #hitthebarsonladiesnight

It's a simple fix, usually buffing frets, adjusting the neck properly and the bridge, it's all part of a normal set up.

Thanks man! And yeah at this point the guitar I wish I could still find would be an Epiphone elite Les Paul, but I hated the ugly elongated headstock haha. I'd rather spend money on an older Gibson, not norlin era, but say a Les Paul custom from the mid 90s, maybe I'll get better quality, or there is the option of going with PRS (god forbid haha) OR, I'll suck it up and go with an R9 from the Gibson custom shop, but they are $6000

I'm pretty sure those elites still show up on eBay. Those are the special silver ones, right?

If I'm gonna spend 6G, I'm getting something vintage. Honestly my next git-fiddle is gonna be a Gretsch. Love those hollowbody electromatics

I'm pretty sure those elites still show up on eBay. Those are the special silver ones, right?

If I'm gonna spend 6G, I'm getting something vintage. Honestly my next git-fiddle is gonna be a Gretsch. Love those hollowbody electromatics

I meant to say the Les Paul Elitist, they are the only Epi that is "custom shop" quality, they only use premium woods, american pickups, and circuitry, and made only by the best luthiers. They are amazing, and about $1000 which is pretty pricey for an Epi but in my opinion surpasses the quality of many gibbons.

Epiphone+Elitist+Les+Paul+by+Chris+Poldervaart-3.jpg

Epiphone+Elitist+Les+Paul+by+Chris+Poldervaart-16.jpg

Epiphone+Elitist+Les+Paul+by+Chris+Poldervaart-2.jpg

They are the best Epi that money can buy haha, but they aren't in production anymore

Hmm, I'm going to buy rocksmith, it'll be an interesting experiment

I will on the watch for one othose bad boys for sure

I will on the watch for one othose bad boys for sure

I see them on eBay a lot, but for $1200 not bad at all.

I see them on eBay a lot, but for $1200 not bad at all.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! That one is a beauty. Great finish

:angry:

Haha I kid. But I do like PRS. It's obviously not Gibson level sustain, but I like that PRS's don't sound like copycats. Somewhere between Gibson and Fender in terms of treble vs. warmth.

:angry:

Haha I kid. But I do like PRS. It's obviously not Gibson level sustain, but I like that PRS's don't sound like copycats. Somewhere between Gibson and Fender in terms of treble vs. warmth.

Yeah I've played them before and cough cough I liked it cough cough. I just can't betray my Les Paul's hahaha

Yeah I've played them before and cough cough I liked it cough cough. I just can't betray my Les Paul's hahaha

Hah fair enough. I feel the same way about most Fenders I've played.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Hah fair enough. I feel the same way about most Fenders I've played.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

There is only one PRS that I want, and it belongs to this gentleman, he's a guitarist that I played with, he's an old recording studio artist in Tennessee that now plays up in Albuquerque, he had a personal friend at PRS that custom made this guitar for him, he called it the Chuck special, and there is only one in the world. It sounds fantastic and the color is like a New Mexican sunset.
OsSlh3Q.jpg

But who could resist that top...
b973lcf.jpg

Just B...E...A...UTIFUL!

I wish I could aford a classic look like that; but I couldn't pass up this up when it came to buying my first electric to learn on:

It's a Michael Kelly Patriot Limited (Korean Made) - bubinga top. $250 from a neighbor who bought it & then had to sell right away.

I did a lot of woodworking with my dad growing up, and this guitar just looks like something a carpenter wood build (to me at least):

be55d011-42a4-430d-9f1c-3d0a465ecf1d_zpsd4976675.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0782_zpse7711074.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_0777_zps1d073666.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

th_IMG_0776_zps65f52b3a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_IMG_0775_zps2e786858.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
th_IMG_0780_zps794a4c85.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

CONSTRUCTION: Set-neck

•BODY: Mahogany

•TOP: Maple cap w/ Burled Bubinga

•NECK: Mahogany

•FRETBOARD: Ebony

•FRETS: 22 medium jumbo

•SCALE: 24-3/4”

•BINDING: 5-ply white & black

•INLAY: Abalone block

•BRIDGE: TonePros string-through the body

•TUNERS: Grover

•PICKUPS: Rockfield SWC - direct mounted

•ELECTRONICS: 1 tone, 1 volume, 1 three-way toggle, coil tapped

•STRINGS: D’ Addario

•HARDWARE: Chrome w/aged Celtic Cross control knobs

Now I just have to learn how to play it (haha)!

Back