Forgiving Forged Irons

Chump Fries

Captain Awesome
Reaction score
Handicap
I've played the Callaway Diablo Forged Irons for the past several years and have loved them. I was curious what new forged irons are out there that are also very forgiving and what people think about them.

Callaway Apex.

I third the Apex. IMO nothing else will come close if you want forgiving and forged.

Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity are pretty amazing.

I'm going to throw in the Cobra AMP cell Pro's. They are absolutely a players iron, but significantly more forgiving than they look.

Go hit all the others, then go hit the Mizuno JPX EZ Forged. You'll go home with the Mizzies.

Cool, I'll check them out...wait a year...and watch them drop price by about 40% :)

I might be in the minority, but I've never been overwhelmed by mizuno's. They might be the most overrated iron company IMO.

I agree with all said above, but will throw in Adams CB2's, CB3's and A4's.

Go hit all the others, then go hit the Mizuno JPX EZ Forged. You'll go home with the Mizzies.

While they were OK, I honestly wasn't super impressed with them when I reviewed them, particularly compared to most of the options out there.

But thats just me.

I might be in the minority, but I've never been overwhelmed by mizuno's. They might be the most overrated iron company IMO.

what dont you like about them? the feel and workability are next to none i think.

While they were OK, I honestly wasn't super impressed with them when I reviewed them, particularly compared to most of the options out there.

But thats just me.

This is my feeling. Maybe it is because my expectations are always so high because many consider them the holy grail of forged, but I always leave underimpressed and sad haha. I keep giving them a shot and I keep going in other directions.

what dont you like about them? the feel and workability are next to none i think.

I think that feel is subjective and I have found many other irons that feel better to me.

I think that feel is subjective and I have found many other irons that feel better to me.

that is true.. soft or firm feel can be very different depending on the person.

they feel so good/soft when you hit one pure with them. the problem is i dont hit the MP series as consistant as i would like.

Disagree in a major way. They offered nothing that DPCs, Apexs and others did not offer and the Apex's flat out performed better in side by side test.

that is true.. soft or firm feel can be very different depending on the person.

they feel so good/soft when you hit one pure with them. the problem is i dont hit the MP series as consistant as i would like.

The other thing that I was trying to say also is I might be a victim of the hype as well. Everyone always raves about them, so each time I hit them, I almost have an unrealistic expectation. It's probably much more me than the irons.

Disagree in a major way. They offered nothing that DPCs, Apexs and others did not offer and the Apex's flat out performed better in side by side test.

And the Apex's/DPC's don't have a wonky launch angle.

I agree with many of the mentioned irons. I am also still a big fan of the Wilson FG Tour V2's.

I agree with many of the mentioned irons. I am also still a big fan of the Wilson FG Tour V2's.

OOOh nice one. Very underrated.

Took my suggestion. I'll throw Ap2s into the equation. Probably not as forgiving as the Apex, but having never hit the Apex or Bridgestones, I can't compare.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cleveland Altitudes are forges and forgiving.

Technically only their face is forged - but if we're including Altitudes, I'd bring up the 588 MT/TTs as well.

Back