SeeMore Putters Thread

Sorry sir, ibwas just eyeballing thr love of your life pretty hard. :)

haha, with this one that's ok to do.

That CU insert is exactly what I hoped it would be with the sound and feel.

Sometimes you just have to say WTF and just do it! I did that last week and now have a DB4 coming my way. And I have always hated plumbers necks but amtrying to be more open minded....

Lol youre almost as bad as James. I've bought more than one SeeMore because of you two!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the beautiful new putter gregg! You have a lot of THPers, including myself, that are very jealous!

I'm wanting a full mallet and I am completely torn on the Big FGP or the Si5.. I have hit both and really like both.

Someone sell me on one of them!!!

I'm wanting a full mallet and I am completely torn on the Big FGP or the Si5.. I have hit both and really like both.

Someone sell me on one of them!!!

Do you want insert or not?

Better yet dont choose...buy both!!

Watching the Pat O'Brien video JB posted today has helped me quite a bit. I was fit for a 37" putter and then went to a 40" counterbalanced model. The video helped me realize that my hands have crept up the shaft and I was standing too tall. How do you guys with counterbalanced putters make sure your hands are in the same spot everytime? I have started to use the logo on the grip to keep me in the same spot and it has been a huge help.

I have been working on hand placement the past couple weeks. After spending the afternoon putting with canadan he talked about the benefit of SPi and allowing your arms to hang straight down. I was gripping higher with my counter balanced putter prior than I was when it wasn't CB. The position felt ok. I was tinkering around with different hand placement and started taking my normal space and letting my arms hang naturally. I gripped the putter at this length and I rolled a few putts. I felt balanced and consistent. After a few putts I started hearing the sweet click of a center strike. I can't wait to take this new stroke to the putting green as I like what I'm seeing on my basement green.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I have been working on hand placement the past couple weeks. After spending the afternoon putting with canadan he talked about the benefit of SPi and allowing your arms to hang straight down. I was gripping higher with my counter balanced putter prior than I was when it wasn't CB. The position felt ok. I was tinkering around with different hand placement and started taking my normal space and letting my arms hang naturally. I gripped the putter at this length and I rolled a few putts. I felt balanced and consistent. After a few putts I started hearing the sweet click of a center strike. I can't wait to take this new stroke to the putting green as I like what I'm seeing on my basement green.

Do you have a plan to put your hands in the same spot each time or are you just going to place them where you arms hang that day?

Do you have a plan to put your hands in the same spot each time or are you just going to place them where you arms hang that day?

For me, my right thumb rests on the R with this set up. When I set up I hold the putter in my right hand and place it behind the ball, step up into the putter and adjust my grip. Holding the putter initially with my thumb on the R allows me to find the spot consistently.

I see a ton of benefit for what counterbalance does, and I'll never mock or laugh at people who use it because I think there's plenty of merit in it -- It's just not for me. Where that design stops the hands motion of moving the butt end of the putter off the center of the body, I think a bit of practice on the putting green will make everyone capable of keeping the butt of the grip pointed at the belly button all the way through the stroke.

I will say for CB though, that added length sure ends up being a headcover saver when in the bag haha!

I'd like to get a new bag with individual full length dividers just for this reason: I can put foam (or something) in the bottom of the putter well so it sits high enough to save my headcover. The last one was destroyed on the rim of the bag.

Need a little help from those with experience with both:

Si insert vs. X insert - what are the big differences?

If it matters, my tendency would be more to leave putts short than to hit them long, but I love a soft feel. As much as I like my FGP and like having the feedback of hitting the sweet spot, I have mostly been an insert guy in the past. Trying to decide between an X2 and an Si2 for my next Seemore...

Need a little help from those with experience with both:

Si insert vs. X insert - what are the big differences?

If it matters, my tendency would be more to leave putts short than to hit them long, but I love a soft feel. As much as I like my FGP and like having the feedback of hitting the sweet spot, I have mostly been an insert guy in the past. Trying to decide between an X2 and an Si2 for my next Seemore...
I thought the insert in my X2 was more firm than the insert in my Si3. I'll be interested in what others think.

Any thoughts on the SB2C? Any comparison as far as feel goes? More of a firm feel?

For those of you who have been through SPi do you think that just the setup process, getting your putter in place behind the ball and your hands on the grip properly is the most important part? I haven't been through SPi at all, I understand it though based on reading here, but just wonder the thoughts of those who have been through it.

I went to a new setup process about a quarter of the way through the season and it helped a ton. I basically try to get the ball just in front of the center line of my chest, sole the putter head behind the ball and remove my left hand and put it on my leg. I let the putter rest very lightly into my right hand while keeping my right arm loose and hanging down and then grip the putter with my right hand while keeping the putter soled and not letting that shaft angle change then put my left hand on the grip just below my right hand (i putt left hand low). And then a very slight forward press as my trigger and go.

Its a very comfortable process for me and had me putting very well at the end of the season. I don't plan on changing my setup, but was wondering how similar to the SPi method this is?

For those of you who have been through SPi do you think that just the setup process, getting your putter in place behind the ball and your hands on the grip properly is the most important part? I haven't been through SPi at all, I understand it though based on reading here, but just wonder the thoughts of those who have been through it.

I went to a new setup process about a quarter of the way through the season and it helped a ton. I basically try to get the ball just in front of the center line of my chest, sole the putter head behind the ball and remove my left hand and put it on my leg. I let the putter rest very lightly into my right hand while keeping my right arm loose and hanging down and then grip the putter with my right hand while keeping the putter soled and not letting that shaft angle change then put my left hand on the grip just below my right hand (i putt left hand low). And then a very slight forward press as my trigger and go.

Its a very comfortable process for me and had me putting very well at the end of the season. I don't plan on changing my setup, but was wondering how similar to the SPi method this is?

I think you are on the right track. The forward press would be a no no. Just no way to keep it consistant everytime. The SPi method is all about removing variables and creating a routine that can be duplicated each and every putt. Jman has some good "thumbs off" drills that he posted and I believe he uses this as his trigger. I look down at the ball, then a quick peek at my target, and then start the stroke. Maybe more of a mental trigger but it has helped a ton. Basically Look-Down-Back-Through. There is much more to the SPi method and the "SPi Experience" thread and the "Cyber Coach" thread are both packed with useful info.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?41736-SeeMore-SPi-Experience

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?49380-SeeMore-SPi-Cyber-Coach

I think you are on the right track. The forward press would be a no no. Just no way to keep it consistant everytime. The SPi method is all about removing variables and creating a routine that can be duplicated each and every putt. Jman has some good "thumbs off" drills that he posted and I believe he uses this as his trigger. I look down at the ball, then a quick peek at my target, and then start the stroke. Maybe more of a mental trigger but it has helped a ton. Basically Look-Down-Back-Through. There is much more to the SPi method and the "SPi Experience" thread and the "Cyber Coach" thread are both packed with useful info.

Bingo. Forward press is just a major variable, there is no way to have the loft on the putter the exact same every time and that will effect the roll off the face. I was a presser for a long long time and extremely hesitant to stop doing it, but it was a great decision in the end. Let the loft of the putter do its job.

With RST and the putter designs I generally use, I just let the putter rest flat behind the ball and step into it. Seems to be the best way for me to get started while keeping the line neutral.

For the most part, I try to use my belly button as a 'grounding' point and will typically pull out my yard stick to confirm if I feel like I am off a bit. One on the top of the putter head, the other anchored to my chest in the middle. This gives me the confidence that my hand position isn't causing the shaft to sway in any way.

Sorry for jumping in on the thread here... hope it's ok to throw this in.
a7azymyt.jpg

I can't find any info on this model - tried google but had no luck. It's centre shafted, milled face with copper insert. Is it a common model and am I just rubbish at research?

a7azymyt.jpg

I can't find any info on this model - tried google but had no luck. It's centre shafted, milled face with copper insert. Is it a common model and am I just rubbish at research?

I have one and you forgot to say how nice the feel (sound) is off of the copper insert. :D
I'm not sure how many or when they were produced. But if you email SeeMore with the description and a pic or two I'm sure that Alex or another of their crew would be able to help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

a7azymyt.jpg

Jump in anytime. Copper inserts are not very common. Any chance you could throw up some more pictures?

I may be wrong on the copper, but that is what it looks like.
upadamy8.jpg

e4e5y6u2.jpg

I may be wrong on the copper, but that is what it looks like.
upadamy8.jpg

e4e5y6u2.jpg

Hopefully some one will jump in with more info. It is a good looking putter for sure. I have never seen it before and would love to have one in my collection.

That was a putter that was made to celebrate Zach Johnson leading the tour in putting a few years ago with 1.69 putts per round. From what I've read its a fairly rare model, don't know to much about it other than that. I do beleive you are correct abut the insert being copper. I've feel like I read somewhere where it might have been bronze, but I don't think that is correct.

Back