greggdrews

Reaction score
Handicap
6 putts
I was looking at what I need to update for this season and an umbrella is on the list. The one I have is about 10yrs old and rusted and snagged. I want to say it was just the cheapest one I could find back then. With technology improving in every other area in golf, is there good, better, best for golf umbrellas? Any company or feature I should really try to look for or are they pretty much all the same just different sizes. Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Gustbuster is an awesome brand.

Dual Canopy is a good feature to look for, that way it won't turn inside out if the wind picks up.

My sun mountain umbrella has treated me quite well. I've even had it blow my entire push cart over with a huge gust of wind and not break. I would have much rather had the wind vents work better and not cause the cart to tip over, but at least it didn't break...

I use a THP adidas Umbrella that we had in our store a few years ago.

Dual Canopy is a good feature to look for, that way it won't turn inside out if the wind picks up.
I agree with this, I like the dual canopy ones the best, if you have ever fought an umbrella in a stiff wind you will appreciate this feature.

So it seems the dual canopy is really the main thing thats a must have. Other than that its design preference.

I use a Callaway brand 68 inch vented canopy. It helps in keeping it from blowing inside out. No problems after several years of use.

Sun Mountain silver here. Be sure to get one with an SPF rating if using it for shade.

I won a Bridgestone Golf umbrella at a tourney last year and I love it.

Just don't get the Greg Norman one with the gel handle, it's too big, doesn't fit my bag and generally a pain to deal with.

+1 on these and I like the "reflective" type that are cooler underneath, like the current Bridgestone umbrella.

Check out totes... Great umbrellas at really good prices. I think I got a nice double canopy for around $18-20.

I have one with a huge Cisco logo on it from a tournament I played in. Works great. I think it's a Slazenger.

Just bought a Z tech 68 UV Umbrella from Golfsmith, haven't used it yet, but it was only $24.99 so as long as it gets through this season I'll be happy.

I'm pretty sure I paid close to $70 for a Ping 68" dual canopy umbrella at the start of the 2013 season....and used it once. I also bought a $19 golf galaxy umbrella one day I forgot my fancy Ping one and it broke the first time I used it. So my suggestion? Spend the money on a good one, and then never use it. Ha.

this^ i've had the same gustbuster for 9yrs now, and the thing simply won't die... it no longer matches my golf bag, but i can't get rid of that thing

Thanks for all the great info guys. Lots of options out there, the vented/dual canopy is a must. I don't mind spending money on something that is just good quality but I like the idea of getting the same quality for less like the totes Mikedean pointed out. Who knew buying an umbrella would be a tough decision.

I had a really nice 68" vented/dual. Its really the only way to fly for a golf umbrella. It was Nike one. I say was, because I left under my seat a baseball game over the summer and never got it back. I'm in the market for a new one this spring and will go the same route with 68" vented.

So after doing some searching I ended up picking up an 68" Callaway dual canopy umbrella with a fiberglass frame. It's black and fades to red up to so should match my bag. Picked it up for $35 off the bay so I was happy with the price too.

I use a Mizuno Tour umbrella. I like that its really sturdy and is vented, so the wind doesnt really effect it.

Back