Grip preferences: same or different on hybrids and irons?

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So grip preferences.... do you have the same grip on all hybrids and irons?

I have two hybrids to regrip, and am debating putting Niions on them (to match the Driver), or putting REL 3Gens on them so they feel the same as the irons. I have both kicking around, and can't figure out which to put on.

I have two hybrids to regrip, and am debating putting Niions on them (to match the Driver), or putting REL 3Gens on them so they feel the same as the irons. I have both kicking around, and can't figure out which to put on.

Same grip on all clubs.

My hybrids and woods are different than my irons but never really made it a point or cared to have them all match

Woods and irons are the same wedges are different.

I thought this would be a good thread on it's own, so I asked the OP and moved it to it's own place.

Grip preferences: same or different on hybrids and irons?

Same driver through LW

Thanks Smallville!

I'd love to say that all of mine are the same, but they're not. I'm always in search of the perfect grip, so I will buy a few and put them on similar clubs to try out.

I currently have the same grips on all of my woods and hybrids, same grips on all of my irons, and the same grips on my wedges. So there's 3 different types of grips in my bag right now. I do think I've narrowed down my grip choice to 3 different models and once I make a final decision I'm going to order 13 and replace them all finally.

I don't necessarily care if they are all the same or not, as long as each club has a grip that feels comfortable in my hands then I am good to go.

I have the same grips on all of my clubs, I may have to change the color on my driver if I go with orange I-Lines since it would be really bad having an orange grip on the Red Tie shaft I am leaning towards.

I like them all to be the same, either Lamkin crossline or Golf Pride tour velvet ribbed

I like to have them all the same all the way thrrough the set (except for maybe the wedges and of course the putter) but right now all types of clubs have different grips.

NDMC on all except 3 and 5 fairway. Stock Cleveland grips on those on because the shaft butt size is .650 (which I will never do again due to the difficulty of finding replacement grips. Have 1 more grip change for both then it will be on to new fairways).

Same GP whiteout grips on all clubs. Hybrids in black and irons in red.

Right now I have Niion on the Driver and 3h, REL 3gens on the irons, and stock grips on my 3W and wedge.... 4h is gripless atm.

Threw a Niion on the 4h just so the Hybrids would both be the same. Going to give it a bit of range time in the spring to see if I want to go REL 3gen on 3H to AW.

Grips are the easiest way to make my set of clubs feel "new." I have the same gips for all clubs. I do try to change the grips after about 20 rounds. A new set of grips along with a new golf glove, is like ice cream and apple pie: sweet!!!!

Same grip throughout for me.

I may be the only one, but Hybrids, Irons and Wedges are all the same. My driver is the same style grip, but in midsize vs standard.

It may not make any sense to have a different size grip on my driver, but I seem to have more confidence with a little larger grip on my driver.

Mine all match. Just a personal preference.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

All of mine are the same except driver.

I use the same grip (rel 3 gen midsize ) on all clubs

I have 13 matching Pure Pro Undersize grips white/green with "O'Carroll" and a Clover incorporated into them. I like the grips a lot, and think the customization is cool.

I use GP White VDR's on all clubs but wedges on the wedges i use lamkin wedges grips but they seem to have been discontinued

Rarely regrip woods, unless I'm doing something with the shaft - changing or shortening.

I believe like Arnold Palmer does. Play the same all the way

Back